Looking for Titlist Conversion Accessories

rebop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Been looking for a long time for the "right" Titlist conversion. I think I found it from the description and pictures, but will know for sure when it arrives Monday or Tuesday. Its a Mike Stacey conversion if anyone has any comments about his work. I have never played with one of his cues.

Anyway, got me to thinking about joint protectors. Anyone ever seen any made to match a Titlist? Any pointers? I think if this is the keeper cue, it would be a nice addition. If any jp makers reply, tell me what you would do for a Titlist matching jp set.

And, I realize this may be either rare or non-existent, but a Titlist jump / break would be nice to complete the set. Ever seen one of these or have one for sale?

I'll post some pics and a review to this thread when it arrives next week. And will also put up a few things for sale if this one stays in my case.

Thanks for any pointers and ideas.

~Bob

a9ballbr8k

Don't anger my stakehorse
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Have not seen a titlist jump/break. I don't think many would want one considering the price it would cost for conversion, they would rather spend the money on a real player. Steve Lomax is the only one I have heard about that has converted a titlist into a jump cue because it would have not made a suitable conversion for a playing cue. You can see a pic somewhere in the gallery. He said hes keepin it and it's not for sale...LOL.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
Mike Stacey makes a great playing cue...nice, firm hit.

I would PM Jim Baxter for the JPs...I am sure he could make some.

A Titlist jump/break would be an expensive venture, but a nice cue. A full splice blank alone will run $350-500 for one suitable for conversion. I think you would have a minimum of $700 in the cue if you went to one of the "under the radar" guys. Off the charts for a top-tier cuemaker.
Joe

rebop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks for the pointers. I have to go search the gallery for that now. And see what I can find on Jim's jp's as well.

scruggsinhand

bla-bla-bla- shutup+shoot
Silver Member
Rating - 96.3%
26   1   0
And, I realize this may be either rare or non-existent, but a Titlist jump / break would be nice to complete the set. Ever seen one of these or have one for sale?

there is in fact a jump/break TS titlist conversion floating around somewhere...I saw it in person around 1996 at a tournament.

Mustang

Registered
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Titlist Jump Break

I have a Titlist Jump/Break. I will try to insert images. It goes with my Titlist playing cue very well. I do not know how to post images of the cues.

Mustang

Registered
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Titlist Jump/ Break

Here is my best attempt at uploading the pics. These are all I have of the Titlist Jump/Break/Play cue.

DSC01508_edited.jpg

DSC01510_edited.jpg

DSC01511_edited.jpg

DSC01512_edited.jpg

rebop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The Gracio is very nice. I'd love a jump break like that.

So these do exist! Nice to know. Would like to find one for sale.

~Bob

rebop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Here's a couple of pictures of the Stacey I bought. Of course, have not yet seen it in person, but I think the seller's pics should be a good idea of how it will be.

1.JPG

2.JPG

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Titlist

Nice cue Bob. The bumperless bottom is a very nice traditional touch. Got to meet Mike Stacey at Valley Forge this year and he was a really nice guy with some great cues. Bet your dying to get to hit with it. :smile:

rebop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Well, arrived today and not quite as nice as I had hoped. Not quite the adverstised 20 OZ, but 18.9 and 19.2 depending. A little overspray on the joint collar. Butt cap was touched up with magic marker and not quite flush to the ivory ring and could use turning down a tad to be smooth and flush. Several points filled at the wrap side with very small repairs and points not all even.

It is nice, but I had hoped for a little more. Will go shoot tonight or tomorrow and decide if its a keeper or if I offer for sale here with full disclosure as above.

~Bob

rebop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
And now its for sale...

OK, shot with it yesterday and it is straight, plays OK, but not quite the right one for me. I still think I'd prefer a heavier cue.

So, before I take more pics and start another thread, anyone interested as you see it here in the case (small corner chip on one corner, otherwise new inexpensive coffin case), shipped and Paypal'd for $875?

Let me know. If no interest, I'll shoot some better pics and start another thread.