Low Left vs Left

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bbb that is how everyone feels.

So, once again, same old idiotic crap from the same people.

I point out that nothing is guaranteed. Joe Tucker's book absolutely CANNOT guarantee improvement. Very few guarantees in this world. Death and Taxes, perhaps. Then because I pointed out the truth someone trashes me and makes false claims. Then another bozo comes on and agrees with him.

This is all too familiar. Been done by the same handful of people I dont know how many times over the years.

r/DCP

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
So, once again, same old idiotic crap from the same people.

I point out that nothing is guaranteed. Joe Tucker's book absolutely CANNOT guarantee improvement. Very few guarantees in this world. Death and Taxes, perhaps. Then because I pointed out the truth someone trashes me and makes false claims. Then another bozo comes on and agrees with him.

This is all too familiar. Been done by the same handful of people I dont know how many times over the years.

r/DCP
"So, once again, same old idiotic crap from the same people." THIS, This is you.
Joe is respected, you aren't. If you bought his book and didn't get better, Joe would refund your money, but he'd have to sell you one first, and I'd advise against that, like a lot of people advise instructors against giving you lessons.

Who is the idiot, the one who listens to everyone and continues to get better, or the one who complains about everything and everyone?

Reactions: bbb

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Off topic of the thread and post, but this layout in particular really jumped out at me as a fun layout. Do you recall if you could have gotten the CB to go in-between the 2 and 4 ball with a drag spin stroke? "Field goal position" That really jumped out at me as a good position play. Too hard to tell if it is possible unless at the table. Hitting the 4 would probably also yield a good shot on the 2.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Off topic of the thread and post, but this layout in particular really jumped out at me as a fun layout. Do you recall if you could have gotten the CB to go in-between the 2 and 4 ball with a drag spin stroke? "Field goal position" That really jumped out at me as a good position play. Too hard to tell if it is possible unless at the table. Hitting the 4 would probably also yield a good shot on the 2.
I'd shoot it that way. But you may not need to drag the cb at all. Center ball, or slightly lower than center, soft with about 2 tips of inside. The problem with this shot is that the cb is headed towards the side rail and you may be looking at a pretty steep backcut on the 2 ball. But that's not the worst of it. That might bring the 7 ball into play as a possible blocking ball to coming around 2 rails to get position on the 4. I'd still play it that way anyway and take my chances about the 7.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"So, once again, same old idiotic crap from the same people." THIS, This is you.
Joe is respected, you aren't. If you bought his book and didn't get better, Joe would refund your money, but he'd have to sell you one first, and I'd advise against that, like a lot of people advise instructors against giving you lessons.

Who is the idiot, the one who listens to everyone and continues to get better, or the one who complains about everything and everyone?

Where did I say Joe isnt respected??? Again, YOU twisted stuff around again.

Nobody can guarantee improvement. It CANNOT be guaranteed.

And who complains about everything and everyone???? It sure aint me. Again, more crap from you.

Geez, you 2-3 people that just keep doing this, would you just please stop posting regarding my threads and/or posts. JUST STOP IT!!!

r/DCP

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd shoot it that way. But you may not need to drag the cb at all. Center ball, or slightly lower than center, soft with about 2 tips of inside. The problem with this shot is that the cb is headed towards the side rail and you may be looking at a pretty steep backcut on the 2 ball. But that's not the worst of it. That might bring the 7 ball into play as a possible blocking ball to coming around 2 rails to get position on the 4. I'd still play it that way anyway and take my chances about the 7.

Yes Fran and iusedtoberich, I thought about those two shots. And even took the 7B into consideration on the "come around" for the 4B. Perhaps I just didnt put enough left on the shot. Maybe I needed a full tip to get me where I was trying to go.

r/DCP

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck with your game
i am done giving advice to you
if you worked on the drills in that book and could do them reasonably well you would improve
seems you are looking for magic bullet/ tip
and then you get snarly with people that try to help
you may have had that book for years but you obviously haven’t worked on what’s in it
Looks like from the diagram that the cb went exactly where it should with nothing but follow. I don't know what Tucker did but I developed my own reference system that allows me to track the cue ball on these shots to within about a ball diameter. You have to have a straight stroke, though.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like the simplest position play is a 1/4 or 1/2 tip inside to get to the grey spot. The next several balls are ducks after that.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like the simplest position play is a 1/4 or 1/2 tip inside to get to the grey spot. The next several balls are ducks after that.
Why not just a hair of high? 1/4 tip?
IDK Playing 3C this angle seems to be a bit of an optical illusion. What hit sends my CB 90deg to the short? What happens to the CB if I need to send the OB to the corner, and for that hit, what spin do I need make the CB take my desired line? Is it a bit of left or a bit of high. I don't think both are needed for this one.

Since its just 1 rail and only having to move the CB a couple feet, it looks to me either strategy could work.

Does a tad of left give you better speed control vs a tad above center?

Haven't played a game of pool in 3 years and that was just a game or 4.
Just asking.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not just a hair of high? 1/4 tip?
IDK Playing 3C this angle seems to be a bit of an optical illusion. What hit sends my CB 90deg to the short? What happens to the CB if I need to send the OB to the corner, and for that hit, what spin do I need make the CB take my desired line? Is it a bit of left or a bit of high. I don't think both are needed for this one.

Since its just 1 rail and only having to move the CB a couple feet, it looks to me either strategy could work.

Does a tad of left give you better speed control vs a tad above center?

Haven't played a game of pool in 3 years and that was just a game or 4.
Just asking.
Follow alone won't do it, which is the problem the OP faced. You need about 1/2 tip inside follow to get there. Most times you don't use side only but combine follow and side so that you are sure to have natural roll. If you use side only it is possible that you will slide the cue ball a short distance and that will affect your position control.

Gman***

I’m new at this , but this diagram showing hitting the 1 to get on the 2 With no interference, I would concentrate to make the 1 first and second , try to control the speed and 2 natural rails come up short , leaving yourself open to make a nice little cut shot . Especially if your not playing to position for another Ball !