Lucasi

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chinese production cues have been better in the few years. But can you give me your thoughts about the Lucasi? I would like to know if the quality at this moment are any good or not. Would you buy one if you don't have much money. How does the hit feels.

I'm gonna buy one with a pred z-shaft.

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
They are a hit-n-miss......... you can good quite a good one with great playability or a real knocker.......

Since you are destine to get one with a Predator shaft.. why not a low-end Joss? Joss makes a fine cue!!! for the right money!

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you're going to put an aftermarket shaft on it, the lucasi butt will be fine, they are nicely made for the price. the lucasi shafts i've found to be hit and miss as the previous poster mentioned. sometimes you'll get good wood, sometimes it'll be pretty mediocre. most of the 'hit' comes from the shaft anyways, so if you're going to get a predator shaft, the lucasi shaft won't matter. lucasi has a few radial pin models, without the steel collar, that i think feel better than their normal uni-locs

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cajunbarboxplyr said:
They are a hit-n-miss......... you can good quite a good one with great playability or a real knocker.......

Since you are destine to get one with a Predator shaft.. why not a low-end Joss? Joss makes a fine cue!!! for the right money!

I'm not really interested in other brands. More comments on the Lucasi would been helpful.

Flipmode

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe Predator makes Lucasi (I could be wrong) so they cant be that bad. My buddy has one with a Z2 shaft and it shoots just as good as my Predator 5k8. IMO the only thing that matters as far as the hit is the shaft, the butt is just for looks.

Impact Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my firsts was a Lucasi, and I still have it today. Removing the wrap really showed the cheap manufacturing of mine, an LTD. model. Also the weight bolt holds a screw that keeps the bumper in place; of the two or three I've hit with, they held a weird vibration I didn't realize until little things like that got in my head. No good.

Whippy shafts, all the same. No longer a fan of the unilock, even if it was the reason I bought the cue in the first place.

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Impact Blue said:
One of my firsts was a Lucasi, and I still have it today. Removing the wrap really showed the cheap manufacturing of mine, an LTD. model. Also the weight bolt holds a screw that keeps the bumper in place; of the two or three I've hit with, they held a weird vibration I didn't realize until little things like that got in my head. No good.

Whippy shafts, all the same. No longer a fan of the unilock, even if it was the reason I bought the cue in the first place.

When did you bought this Lucasi?

johnnydub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still play with mine, ive got a few new shafts for it over the years, one definatley plays better than the other. I like the hit and the price is right for me right now.

Mutton

Registered
i think the lucasi wood to wood cues play well. tight radial pin joint and pretty responsive. just that the shaft may be abit to whippy to some.
like the lucasi Le-R especially :)

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
Lucasi Cue's are, like some have mentioned, Hit Or Miss. In The City I live in, Cue&Case is Established, They Kinda Push the Lucasi Brand Cue. I was given one By a friend. I have had the cue for about Two Weeks, It hit's alright. I Know Quite a few Locals who use a Predator Shaft on their Lucasi's, They Swear By them. I have been torn apart from time to time, But For what they are Lucasi's are not as bad as some say. From an Economical Stand Point I believe that the brand is a Cost Effective way to gain a small amount of Quality.
If You Do Purchase a Lucasi, I would invest in a Predator or another Low-Deflection Shaft, Just my opinion, But it does make a better feel.
-Vincent

If Do have any Questions, Please feel free to PM Me if you have any Questions and I'll see what I can Do.

Last edited:

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Methodman201 said:
Lucasi Cue's are, like some have mentioned, Hit Or Miss. In The City I live in, Cue&Case is Established, They Kinda Push the Lucasi Brand Cue.
:) I would imagine so since St. Augustine is where they are located.
Predator is just up the road in Jacksonville.;)

Joseph Ortega

Daddy's little girl
Silver Member
i have had and used lucasi for the past five years. I really like them. I have shot with many other cues before but i think mine is as good or better than most of them.

I have only liked schons better. I use everything original on mine, besides the moori tip.

desert1pocket

Registered Fish
Silver Member
Through a strange turn of events I got a Lucasi last year for the cost of shipping. It is the LEWR model (cocobolo merry widow w/ ringwork and leather wrap), and I put a predator z2 shaft on it.

It is now my current player, and I really like the way it hits. I don't like linen wraps much, and usually play with wrapless cues, but I have grown to like the leather wrap on this one. I will say that the shaft that came with the cue was rather lightweight, and not very tight grained, but since you will be using a z shaft anyways, it shouldn't matter.

IMO, many of the chinese production cues have gotten to be a very good product for the price in the last several years. For the money I think Lucasi makes a good cue, and while I plan on replacing the custom cue that was stolen from me someday, this one plays just fine for now.

stevea

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Lucasi with a pred 314 shaft and I love playing with it and it didn't cost me that much money (since i didn't have that much to spend). I had a viking before and I did not like it.

pooljunkie4ever

Grab Life by the BALL!
Silver Member
I have Lucasi you can buy for 110, shipped to you, brand new it goes for around 180. I traded a break/jump for it, about 10 hrs playing time.

I tried to play with this cue, for me, the hit was stiff and I had problems
drawing the ball.
Later

Bluey2King

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have two Lucasi cues and I think they are Great cues. I have been playing with a Predator 314 for several years but just a few weeks ago I bought a OB-1 for my Lucasi L-E75. My friend has a Predator with a Z shaft nice cue, but too skinny for me. Its like shoes what your friends have may not feel right to you. I think Lucasi's bang for the Buck is VERY High.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My personal experience is that I ordered one on the internet (used) and the butt was warped. I know a very good player who plays with a Lucasi. I guess any brand of cue can warp under the right conditions, but I would not buy another one.

MinoInADixeCup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My friends wife and I bought him one for xmas, it's a decent cue for the money we spent.

If your looking to spend $200+ I think you could do better, if your looking for a decent playing cue for under $200, you could certainly do worse then a Lucasi.