Magnets and a billiard ball for pool engineers/scientists and educators

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
What if every middle or high school physics class had a billiard ball experiment.

Fun experiments are when students can try to be the best at some random skill no one prepares for.

Ive attached a video with the physical observational students would perform. The main purpose is to get students thinking about controlling the world through magnetism.

If your interested in more or seeing a more complete packaging solution for your classroom excitement the digitally message me on this account.

Maybe next year you will see my product lineup at the BCAEXPO.

I have decades of experience using existing and developing original scientific experiments for scholars at all age levels.

Check my profile for more professional
references.

Next week I will feature battery powered magnetic applications.

Last edited:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
If you want to play a fun board game using the concept of magnetic fields to balance disks: Here's a link.

The game is called Polarity and it's quite fun. It's usually pretty expensive, about $70 but it's around $25 shipped on that link. My nephew used to love it as a teenager. A pool table is a good surface to play it on (away from the slate screws).

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What if every middle or high school physics class had a billiard ball experiment.

Fun experiments are when students can try to be the best at some random skill no one prepares for.

Ive attached a video with the physical observational students would perform. The main purpose is to get students thinking about controlling the world through magnetism.

If your interested in more or seeing a more complete packaging solution for your classroom excitement the digitally message me on this account.

I have decades of experience using existing and developing original scientific experiments for scholars at all age levels.

references.

I’m not understanding why you are having to hold on to that 14 ball with your fingertips before you get the other magnet close and then let go of the 14 ball?

justnum

Silver Member
I’m not understanding why you are having to hold on to that 14 ball with your fingertips before you get the other magnet close and then let go of the 14 ball?

A magnetic force is continuous it does not turn off.

If i didnt hold the 14 the ball you wouldn't see the intended effect when I let go and the magnetic forces take over.

My prototyping is going faster than expected. Let me know if you interested in seeing any other effects on film.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
A magnetic force is continuous it does not turn off.

If i didnt hold the 14 the ball you wouldn't see the intended effect when I let go and the magnetic forces take over.

My prototyping is going faster than expected. Let me know if you interested in seeing any other effects on film.
I’d like to see the 8 ball hit you dead center in the nuts at break speed and then you try to repeat the experiment.

justnum

Silver Member
A permanent magnetic force does not turn off, but electrically generated magnetic forces can turn on and off and even go negative.

I plan to build my magic cue stick with both of those features included.

I also have secret magnetic chalk to apply, its not safe to breath but it works.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
And the difference between pool and whatever it is you're talking about.

pj
chgo
It's cross pollination. Kids like magnets. They learn about them in school. Seeing magnets on a 14 ball might make them curios, especially if they have an unused pool table in the house. Many people who have pool tables might play a couple times a year, this could potentially get them messing with the table.

justnum

Silver Member
I don't think you can compete with Laura's tits.
Can you ask Laura if she wants to do the experiments on video?

Women in science and engineering as a population could use a big boost.

Thats why I didn't want to film my face for this videos.

If you know anyone I can provide the science information and resources.

I don't know any youtubers.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

references.

You didnt prove anything clever in the first video because you didnt get repeatable results.

justnum

Silver Member
You didnt prove anything clever in the first video because you didnt get repeatable results.

If you want to be part of my early focus group and would like a kit for yourself to try at home, privately message me.