Making all the balls on the break in 9 ball?

Stones said:
1984-5, Cassidy's Billiards, Houston. I saw one of the weirdest 9 ball breaks ever.

Alanta Danny Greer made 6 balls on the break, all in the same pocket! With three balls left on the table, he was hooked behind the 9 ball.

I've made a few 5's and one 6 over the years which is surprising because I break terrible.

Stones

6 balls in 1 hole. There's no way. I'd have to see it before I'd even acknowledge that it's possible.
 
Imo

Blessed is he who believes, not having seen, etc. and so-on.

Once I saw Bill Brasky make 8 balls in one pocket on the break and it was a snooker table ! He was so pissed when he saw the 9 was still up he just picked up the table and dropped the 9.

Top that !
 
sjm said:
In an episode of The Twilight Zone, a guy makes all fifteen balls on the break playing eight ball.
This was a shot W.C. Fields used in his vaudeville act. In his case, the balls were on strings attached to weights.
 
Top dog!!

Lonestar_jim said:
Blessed is he who believes, not having seen, etc. and so-on.

Once I saw Bill Brasky make 8 balls in one pocket on the break and it was a snooker table ! He was so pissed when he saw the 9 was still up he just picked up the table and dropped the 9.

Top that !

In the same pocket? You have to be TOP DOG!!
 
Drew said:
6 balls in 1 hole. There's no way. I'd have to see it before I'd even acknowledge that it's possible.

Apparently, you have never seen Atlanta Danny break the balls in his prime. He could hit 'em pretty hard when he wanted to.

Of course, it happened so fast, the balls looked like they were trying to climb over each other to get to the hole. Danny was a little hot about not having a shot.

As I remember, only about 7-8 people saw it happen. They were just like me, sitting there with their jaws on the floor! LOL

It was the talk of the pool room for a few days afterwards!

For me, I'm thrilled to death to make 1 ball on the break these days!

Stones
 
Last edited:
Back
Top