Match Of The Century-Orcollo v Van Boening (Nov 7-9),10ball Race to 120 (Sterling VA)

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best player is the one that is playing best. Add consistency in to the mix and at the moment you have Shane. Tomorrow it might be different. However very doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should have been named “Beatdown Of The Century”.

DO never had a chance. Since TAR his 10-ball break improved but not to SVB’s level. Aranas, Biado or Chua would have been a more formidable opponent.

Pretty sad to see DO practicing the break during the 15 min. break today...not only was he switching spots but also his bridge hand. The last 2days have exposed him not having the break technique down, period. this game is so dependent on having a reliable break unlike 9-ball which can be more forgiving with not so perfect breaks.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is on the decline in rotation. He knew he was going to lose, just not by this much. Was in this match just for appearance money.

How he runs 250+ at straight pool dogging shots like he does the last 2 days, I dont know.

Last edited:

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
Dennis beating Tony doesn't make him a favorite against Shane in 1pkt.

DO's skill set trumped Tony's specialization, but Shane has as much or more firepower, knows the game as good or better, and 100 percent owns him psychologically.

Ok now the crazy talk is starting :withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok now the crazy talk is starting :withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

I don't think it's that crazy.

If Dennis the favorite in one pocket. He's nowhere near the favorite over Shane, that Shane is over him in 10-ball.

In a race to 30, at best, Dennis would be a 4 game favorite.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is on the decline in rotation. He knew he was going to lose, just not by this much. Was in this match just for appearance money.

How he runs 250+ at straight pool dogging shots like he does the last 2 days, I dont know.

Wasn’t he going to break John’s 626 record in 14.1? I thought he was having recording sessions of him going for 627.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At this point, a reasonable question is whether DO can get to 80
before Shane hits the buzzer at 120.

Will Prout

Exactly what I said couple pages back.
You might have trouble getting people to bet Orcullo on that.

That said, Dennis probably won't come in in give up mode. Once he faces a few bad rolls and the lead builds I expect he's gonna fold up. This will test him.

I hope everyone buys the last day. That it goes 119 to 120. Pool is a funny thing. SVB don't fade very often and Dennis had done nothing so far to intimidate him.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is gonna be painting Roy's house, shoveling snow all winter, mowing the lawn all next year, and probably shoveling snow again the following winter.

Had a guy paint my house once.

My favorite was a shopping spree with a guy's JC Penney credit card.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would Roy put someone other than his best horse in a race against someone thats been considered the best 10 ball player on the planet for a long time.

Jeff

They just had Orcullo spotting Aranas something crazy playing 15 ball rotation. Like the 10 ball.Orcullo was beating him soundly.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis beating Tony doesn't make him a favorite against Shane in 1pkt.

DO's skill set trumped Tony's specialization, but Shane has as much or more firepower, knows the game as good or better, and 100 percent owns him psychologically.
Wow. Seriously?? Step away from the KoolAid. DO and T-Rex would both be fave's playin' 1p. "Owns psychologically"??? You've got to be kidding.

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should have been named “Beatdown Of The Century”.

DO never had a chance. Since TAR his 10-ball break improved but not to SVB’s level. Aranas, Biado or Chua would have been a more formidable opponent.

Pretty sad to see DO practicing the break during the 15 min. break today...not only was he switching spots but also his bridge hand. The last 2days have exposed him not having the break technique down, period. this game is so dependent on having a reliable break unlike 9-ball which can be more forgiving with not so perfect breaks.

Yep call it what it is , to this point any way,
I thought it would be much closer I wanted DO to win but knew Shane would win

I do think the others could have offered a better fight ,
As Mike Tyson said , They all have a plan till they get punched in the mouth ,
and DO is punch drunk I never have seen him dog some many easy shots clearly Shane’s in his head ,

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member

I'm a huge SVB fan but I think a bunch of you have gone overboard on the DO is a bum bandwagon. This could be run next week and the results would be upside down. Though I think Shane is a big favourite at THIS format he could lose to any top 20 pro in a long race.

Last edited:

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a huge SVB fan but I think a bunch of you have gone overboard on the DO is a bum bandwagon. This could be run next week and the results would be upside down. Though I think Shane is a big favourite at THIS format he could lose to any top 20 pro in a long race.

Totally agree with you. I’m a SVB fan too. But matches like this can go either way some days.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Do you know the largest deficit for SVB in any race to 100+ he's lost?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its possible but not likely. I would bet pretty good on SVB playing anybody long rotation sets. His break is too brutal. Anyone gets weak sittin' and watchin' the Shane Show after a while.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's my two cents. Shane is playing very strong and for whatever reason, Dennis is not playing like Dennis. Even though his break is not consistent, he's missed waaaaay too many shots he normally/should make. Add in the fact Shane is getting most all the rolls. When Shane is playing as well as he is and he's getting the rolls, there's not a player on the planet that can beat him. Very, very tough to fade. I'm a fan of both players and hope Dennis comes out swinging today to make it interesting but that isn't very likely. Mentally, he may be out.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So who is #20 and beats him to 120. I think that's Way Overboard myself.

WPA ranking
20 Deuel, Corey BCA - 010 (USA)

Yeah I think you could get action for that one.

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
So who is #20 abd beats him to 120. I think that's Way Overboard myself.

The operative word here is COULD.

I’ll go the other way. Who in the top 20 he couldn’t lose to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk