Matlock........................

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My old buddy Dave Matlock finished second in the Kansas State Open 8ball yesterday. He got beat in finals by a good Tulsa local player names Eric Pickar. Eric had to double-dip Dave in the final. Good playing David, not bad for a 70yr. old road warrior.

nmh2008

My old buddy Dave Matlock finished second in the Kansas State Open 8ball yesterday. He got beat in finals by a good Tulsa local player names Eric Pickar. Eric had to double-dip Dave in the final. Good playing David, not bad for a 70yr. old road warrior.
I believe Junior Brown and Terry Young also finished in the top 5-6. All 3 of those guys can still beat anyone

Reactions: bbb

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching a recently uploaded old match of his really displayed to me how good his technique was. For a time period that included a lot of loosey-goosey fundamentals, he was rock solid. The guy really took his craft seriously. Probably why he still plays well into his 70's.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Seven feet Diamonds let people show their smarts when physical skills are declining a little. Aside from that, I don't remember Dave ever taking a break from hitting balls for long enough to get out of stroke. He is tough on any table and very deservingly a legend of the game.

Hu

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
At the Allen Hopkins Expo a few years ago a local short stop was happy that he qualified to play in the seniors tournament. After he said it was a lot tougher than he thought as those old guys were way better than those playing in the regular tournament. He was in the money in the regular tournament and didn‘t get very far in the Seniors that had a smaller field.

🎱