May want to avoid purchasing an X-Breaker

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
p.s. I was quoted 2 months on my x-breaker and it had been 2 months and 6 days today. I know he may resurface but I think I'm defenitely playing the odds here.

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Russ Chewning said:
cubc,

I take back what I said earlier in the thread. If Richard has been told of the volume of complaints he is getting on these forums, and he has not made any effort to let everyone know what the problem is, then he might deserve all the flack he is getting.

You might want to consider going through Nielson on Ebay, as someone mentioned. The X Breaker is still a good product from what I heard, so you can still get one if you want one, without going through the maker. At this point, maybe we should just back off from ordering the cues like you said, and let him get everything ironed out.

Russ

Yes I seen Nielsen on ebay before i tried to purchase through Richard's website but I seen on Richard's website that theres only a warranty if I purchase through him. I have grown fond of warranties in my times. I also dont want a "free case and tapper" and all that other bs. I just want the stick for 100 dollars cheaper :)... with a warranty. Althoug I may go that route. We'll see.

No problem on your first comment in this thread. I had never posted before and I am aware of the tricks people pull to get themselves some traffic and hurt a competitor. At least you're looking out for the good guys.

as far as the 2 month 6 day waiter.. I still would've had no problem had he contacted me and said.. something. anything. i would be a bit worried now that he seems to have vanished from the scene though. I hope you get your cue.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
cubc said:
Yes I seen Nielsen on ebay before i tried to purchase through Richard's website but I seen on Richard's website that theres only a warranty if I purchase through him. I have grown fond of warranties in my times. I also dont want a "free case and tapper" and all that other bs. I just want the stick for 100 dollars cheaper :)... with a warranty. Althoug I may go that route. We'll see.

No problem on your first comment in this thread. I had never posted before and I am aware of the tricks people pull to get themselves some traffic and hurt a competitor. At least you're looking out for the good guys.

as far as the 2 month 6 day waiter.. I still would've had no problem had he contacted me and said.. something. anything. i would be a bit worried now that he seems to have vanished from the scene though. I hope you get your cue.

Well, It's not going to be the end of the road for anyone losing a couple of hundred, but it sure is irritating.

I hate to say it, as much as I like Richard, the only conclusion I can draw, without an effort to make a reasonable explanation and an apology, is that we have seen a pattern of "ducking" when the heat is on for Extreme Billiards.

The worst thing you can do is duck people when you owe them something. Life should be lived with courage and a sense that you should live up to your responsibilities. Sometimes that responsibility is to explain your situation to others.

Over 20 years ago I found myself in a perfect business storm myself. I was a new business owner and had spent a lot of money on new offices and at the same time, had a big loss due to foreign exchange rates and generally crappy sales for no good reason in particular. I borrowed what I could to fund the operation, but I found that I had some suppliers I couldn't pay entirely.

After hiding from them for a month or so, I was ashamed of myself. What I decided to do was explain, in detail, my situation. I explained what happened, about the losses and the cash situation. I told them my first priority was to pay the rent and the employees, and I would pay them when I could, but there was no time in the foreseeable future I could promise them they'd be paid.

To a supplier, every one of them reacted the same. They were speechless. They actually felt bad for me. I realized that I had done the right thing by going to them.

The next six months the business turned around, and we have been profitable every year since then. Each of those suppliers that worked with me are our #1 suppliers today. They have long forgotten what they did for me. You better believe I haven't.

Chris

bigskyjake

you heard the man
Silver Member
TATE said:
Well, It's not going to be the end of the road for anyone losing a couple of hundred, but it sure is irritating.

I hate to say it, as much as I like Richard, the only conclusion I can draw, without an effort to make a reasonable explanation and an apology, is that we have seen a pattern of "ducking" when the heat is on for Extreme Billiards.

The worst thing you can do is duck people when you owe them something. Life should be lived with courage and a sense that you should live up to your responsibilities. Sometimes that responsibility is to explain your situation to others.

Over 20 years ago I found myself in a perfect business storm myself. I was a new business owner and had spent a lot of money on new offices and at the same time, had a big loss due to foreign exchange rates and generally crappy sales for no good reason in particular. I borrowed what I could to fund the operation, but I found that I had some suppliers I couldn't pay entirely.

After hiding from them for a month or so, I was ashamed of myself. What I decided to do was explain, in detail, my situation. I explained what happened, about the losses and the cash situation. I told them my first priority was to pay the rent and the employees, and I would pay them when I could, but there was no time in the foreseeable future I could promise them they'd be paid.

To a supplier, every one of them reacted the same. They were speechless. They actually felt bad for me. I realized that I had done the right thing by going to them.

The next six months the business turned around, and we have been profitable every year since then. Each of those suppliers that worked with me are our #1 suppliers today. They have long forgotten what they did for me. You better believe I haven't.

Chris

Too true, too true

If you own up for what has happened alot of time people will be understanding of your situation. On the other hand trying to hide from things like that will be something that people will remember for a long, long time

smokeandapancak

what?
Silver Member
Richard has done alot of damage to the old rep on here.
it will take some 'splaining to redeem himself, this board has the memory of an elephant..and given the current climate, with all of the bad deals in the WFS section, the mood is little down.

Hope something happens soon...

justharv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cubc said:

Nielson is an authorized reseller and the warranty should still apply, at least it did when I order an xbreaker from them. And I couldn't be happier with Nielson's or the xbreaker. Of course this does you no good now:(

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the contrary. Even though I've not got my money back yet I went ahead and bought one from Nielsen's. Actually it was his last ebony xbreaker. He only has 2 golden ones left. He said they've been selling quickly as of late (gee wonder why). The transaction was smooth as could be dreamed of and I'm supposed to have it tomorrow.

Amazingly nice to deal with.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Luxury said:
Well I had given Dan Louie a $200 deposit for an xbreaker and I spoke to Dan about it and He said he never gave Richard the deposit and would gladly refund my money. We all know how reputible the Great Dan Louie is so I'm happy to say that I just ordered my X-breaker with the leather wrap on Ebay from Nielson and paid the extra $29 for the express shipping. I figure the express shipping will pay for itself when the stick helps me place in the money at the local 9-ball weekly tourney.

I will gladly let you know how my transaction goes on ebay. The stick was $449 with free case and tapper and standard shipping. I paid the extra $29 because I must have it now. So my total was $482.40 He has a perfect reputation on ebay so all is not lost. You can still get an x-breaker.

Unbelievable! I got my xbreaker fro Nielson within 24 hours! I love it! Woohoo!

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok well I ordered the x-breaker from Nielson's last night at about 6pm and received it today at 3pm. That's service.

I havent even got home yet to check but my girlfriend said it was perfect. I also will be getting my money refunded from Richard's website via my bank within 2 days. Alls well that ends well. And a great lesson learned is to do business with nielson's any time you need something they have.

And thank you to everyone who PM'd me with advice or suggestions regarding how to get a good j/b cue. It's much appreciated.

the9ballroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the9ballroller said:
My opinion, get your money back and go through Joe Nielsen off ebay for your Xbreaker. He usually has them in stock and is cheaper than buying directly from Xbreaker.

Hmmm...is there an echo in here?

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I took the advice and was just confirming it was great advice...

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
justharv said:
Nielson is an authorized reseller and the warranty should still apply, at least it did when I order an xbreaker from them. And I couldn't be happier with Nielson's or the xbreaker. Of course this does you no good now:(

If a business isn't there to simply deliver a bought and paid for cue, what kind of customer service and warranty should one reasonably expect to receive?

tpdtom

Really Old School
Silver Member
My order was #76, received by Richard on 5/7/07. IIRC, he promised the cue in 3 months. I've tried every which way to reach him now for a month. His PMs are shut off here, and he doesn't answer either email addy or the phone. A tourney friend gave him her warped X-Breaker in January, and she has never been able to reach him again. I know that he doesn't warranty against warpage, but he told her that he'd make it right anyway. Based on that alone, I don't have high hopes for my order. I consider myself lucky that I only lost $240 via PayPal. There's no way to get it back if I don't get the cue. In spite of the fact that it looks like I lost $240, I hope the fellow is ok. I've heard that his problems are far more serious than a few cues...Tom

John Barton

Man I hope Richard didn't get mixed up in Jen Chen's gambling issues and they are hiding out on an island together. Wait - that wouldn't be so bad would it?

Richard - come out and take care of your customers buddy. Hope all is well with you. Don't go all Teddy Harris on us :)

Sorry Ted - just poking fun atcha!

Irish634

Whatever
Silver Member
tpdtom said:
I consider myself lucky that I only lost $240 via PayPal. There's no way to get it back if I don't get the cue. In spite of the fact that it looks like I lost $240, ..Tom

You should file a claim with paypal.

Marvel

Marvel - The Yogi Bear
Silver Member
TATE said:

Chris

Nice post Mister!

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
I just noticed an X-breaker banner ad here on AZ, and wonder if Richard is back and servicing his customers satisfactorily?

Any updates on the situation?

Flex

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's still not logged into myspace since 6/1 and he's still never responded to my emails I sent way back when. I would think hes MIA still.