Men/Women entry fee at Ultimate 10ball

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Why do the women have to pay a $500 entry fee same as the men when the men's purse is double what women's is at the Ultimate 10 ball tournament? Johnnyt
 
Why do the women have to pay a $500 entry fee same as the men when the men's purse is double what women's is at the Ultimate 10 ball tournament? Johnnyt

Probably because a full field for the womens event is half the size of a full field for the mens event.
 
Probably because a full field for the womens event is half the size of a full field for the mens event.

At $500 a pop not many women will try and fade that. It sounds like it's going to be a great tournament for the men though. Now that I think of it the entry fee was $500 for the WPBA, so I could be very wrong here. We'll see soon. Johnnyt
 
At $500 a pop not many women will try and fade that. It sounds like it's going to be a great tournament for the men though. Now that I think of it the entry fee was $500 for the WPBA, so I could be very wrong here. We'll see soon. Johnnyt

I would guess that they are trying to attract overseas players with a bigger advertised payout. What I am wondering is why they decided to pay out the same number of players for both the men's and women's events. Considering there are only 64 entrants max for the women, paying out to 32nd seems to be spreading the pot a little thin.
 
The WPBA made the decision on the entry fee for their event. MANY pro players, male and female, want higher entry fees in order to boost the pot. It makes sense in a day when there are fewer tournaments.

If pool is really to follow the path of poker then the entry fees will have to go higher in the future as there is NO added money in poker tournament pots, only entry fees and some of those are taken out by the promoters.

Hopefully pool will not follow that path. Contrary to popular belief, the companies who DO sponsor pool put a considerable percentage of their profits back into the game with their sponsorships. A much higher percentage than the large companies who sponsor golf, etc. My only wish is that the fans would recognize this and buy from the companies who put their monies where their mouths are. But instead pool fans tend to buy what is cheapest rather than support the companies that support the game. Take a good close look at who will wind up with their logos on the banners in the room and on the printed materials and whose ads will be on the live stream. It is they who deserve the consumer dollars of anyone who wants to see tournaments continue.

Like any over-reaching statement there are exceptions to that. There are companies who 'give back' to the industry or humanity in ways other than tourney sponsorship. But without the ones who do sponsor the tournaments the tournaments will go away or degenerate into the poker-style competition where you are only shooting at a percentage of your own money. And that sucks.

Further, the UTBC is adding as much or more money to both the men's and women's fields than any other tournament in the USA this year. Badi Nazhat could have chosen to go the same route that so many others have gone the last year and only put up the $8,000 added that the ABP requires to have your event labeled a 'major'.

But Mr. Nazhat would never insult the players or the game that way. He has taken now many hundreds of thousands of dollars out of his own pocket to fund these events over the past few years and I do not see anyone starting a thread about his selfless generosity. Instead, we only get threads that attempt to accentuate the negative even when it is something the pros involved approved of.

And we wonder why pool is declining? Hell, the heroes get ignored.

Oh, and one more thing while I am on a good rant. The next time you buy from a company who chooses not to sponsor pool... well, don't ***** when all tournaments move to China where the fans support the sponsors.
 
Maybe others know, but I'm not familiar with the name Badi Nazhat. What is his affiliation with pool? I understand he sponsored a pool event overseas and is now having one here in the U.S. this year, which is cool. I just don't know who he is. I would be interested in learning more.
 
Well, I read this about him on Professor Q Ball:

The Ultimate 10-Ball was the brainchild of entrepreneur and now promoter Badi Nazhat. Nazhat’s goal was to rekindle the flame in Central America billiards with his Aruba event. To ensure security and faith of the players, Nazhat guaranteed the money for this event by putting his own money in an escrow account held by a upstanding financial firm.

Very nice! :cool:
 
Jam,

Badi held the first event in Aruba. The second one was in 2011 in Frisco, TX. It was won by Mike Dechaine on the male side and Allison Fisher for the ladies. Everyone is always paid on the spot at his events.

Another thing that Badi does not publicize (he does not want the event to be about him) is that he pays the entry fees and travel expenses for his past high finishers. This year Mike Dechaine, Jeremy Jones, Jason Klatt, Allison Fisher, Kelly Fisher and Angel Paglia will be rewarded with a free trip to Tunica as an additional reward for their performance in the last UTBC.

And before you ask, he could not do an event in 2012 because his former company asked him to come back to work and assist them with a major opportunity. So he took last year off rather than risk doing something he could not devote his full attention to. This is the kind of man that pro pool needs. I will be very curious to see how well both players and fans support this man who is doing so much to support them.
 
Jam,

Badi held the first event in Aruba. The second one was in 2011 in Frisco, TX. It was won by Mike Dechaine on the male side and Allison Fisher for the ladies. Everyone is always paid on the spot at his events.

Another thing that Badi does not publicize (he does not want the event to be about him) is that he pays the entry fees and travel expenses for his past high finishers. This year Mike Dechaine, Jeremy Jones, Jason Klatt, Allison Fisher, Kelly Fisher and Angel Paglia will be rewarded with a free trip to Tunica as an additional reward for their performance in the last UTBC.

And before you ask, he could not do an event in 2012 because his former company asked him to come back to work and assist them with a major opportunity. So he took last year off rather than risk doing something he could not devote his full attention to. This is the kind of man that pro pool needs. I will be very curious to see how well both players and fans support this man who is doing so much to support them.

Well, I most certainly agree with you. I cannot recall anyone so generous to the pro players in recent times. He's a class act.

Here's hoping Tunica is a success. :cool:
 
The WPBA made the decision on the entry fee for their event. MANY pro players, male and female, want higher entry fees in order to boost the pot. It makes sense in a day when there are fewer tournaments.

If pool is really to follow the path of poker then the entry fees will have to go higher in the future as there is NO added money in poker tournament pots, only entry fees and some of those are taken out by the promoters.

Hopefully pool will not follow that path. Contrary to popular belief, the companies who DO sponsor pool put a considerable percentage of their profits back into the game with their sponsorships. A much higher percentage than the large companies who sponsor golf, etc. My only wish is that the fans would recognize this and buy from the companies who put their monies where their mouths are. But instead pool fans tend to buy what is cheapest rather than support the companies that support the game. Take a good close look at who will wind up with their logos on the banners in the room and on the printed materials and whose ads will be on the live stream. It is they who deserve the consumer dollars of anyone who wants to see tournaments continue.

Like any over-reaching statement there are exceptions to that. There are companies who 'give back' to the industry or humanity in ways other than tourney sponsorship. But without the ones who do sponsor the tournaments the tournaments will go away or degenerate into the poker-style competition where you are only shooting at a percentage of your own money. And that sucks.

Further, the UTBC is adding as much or more money to both the men's and women's fields than any other tournament in the USA this year. Badi Nazhat could have chosen to go the same route that so many others have gone the last year and only put up the $8,000 added that the ABP requires to have your event labeled a 'major'.

But Mr. Nazhat would never insult the players or the game that way. He has taken now many hundreds of thousands of dollars out of his own pocket to fund these events over the past few years and I do not see anyone starting a thread about his selfless generosity. Instead, we only get threads that attempt to accentuate the negative even when it is something the pros involved approved of.

And we wonder why pool is declining? Hell, the heroes get ignored.

Oh, and one more thing while I am on a good rant. The next time you buy from a company who chooses not to sponsor pool... well, don't ***** when all tournaments move to China where the fans support the sponsors.

I was in no way bashing the promoter or the tournament in any way. I simply wanted to know why. If I had saw the tiny little WPBA logo on the web page I would not have even asked. From the link about the promoter that JAM put up he sounds like a very stand up guy. I hope the tournament fills up and there is a waiting list. God knows the pro players need more high purse tournament. I still think $500 for the women is too much for a lot of them at this time, but that's on the WPBA. I truly hope I'm wrong and they fill up with 64 entries. Johnnyt.
 
Ultimate Ten Ball Championship

I was in no way bashing the promoter or the tournament in any way. I simply wanted to know why. If I had saw the tiny little WPBA logo on the web page I would not have even asked. From the link about the promoter that JAM put up he sounds like a very stand up guy. I hope the tournament fills up and there is a waiting list. God knows the pro players need more high purse tournament. I still think $500 for the women is too much for a lot of them at this time, but that's on the WPBA. I truly hope I'm wrong and they fill up with 64 entries. Johnnyt.

Johnny, I'm sure you didn't mean to bash the promoter or the tournament. Sometimes when questions are asked, they seem designed to do just that. I don't think you had that intention.

$500 is no longer an enormous amount of money for professional level play, whether it be men or women events.

In most parts of the country $500 will only pay a half month's rent for a two bedroom apartment. The value of the dollar is shrinking. Costs for everything are going up. Some foreign visitors find that their money spends further here and that might be good for pool.

Badi Nazhat seems to be building a very solid event with the Ultimate 10 Ball Championship.

We are all lucky that he is involved with pool. Hopefully, all of us that love pool will give him all of the help and support that we can to enable his events to become even more popular and more successful than they have been in the past.

I also hope that the UTBC will become a benchmark for other events.

Who knows, maybe other promoters and event directors will see the value of networking with Badi Nazhat on future events..............

Just a footnote: This event (UTBC) is being held in Tunica, MS at Harrah's Tunica, June 17-20th at the same location as the Southern Classic which is held June 21-29th.
 
Back
Top