Mirror Image Bank/Kick Sighting Trick

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
The player I was going to match you against is 62 and blind in one eye .... honestly. LOL
Personally The mirror had a instant improvement on my game.
Sorry if I over reacted to your statement, I Think if you were on my end of the statement you could of viewed it some what the same as I did.
But personally Its not anything that I wish to worry about and I hope you feel the same way.

Anytime you get up my way, hey I am down for lunch a and some pool 100% on me.
And if you loose I will even give you a mirror to practice with.
If I loose you teach me you bank kick system .

Until then I will be practicing with any and every training aid or kick bank system that will help my game.

Peace

Yeah,

Text does not convey tone or intention.

Since playing one pocket during the day, I'm the young pup, but they all seem to have better eye sight than me. I almost always foul once about every 2 games by missing the whole ball. If I could use TOI at that slow of a speed it would not happen. :wink:

Best Wishes 2 You & Yours.

PS I'm all for anything that can help anyone play better & that would include 4 & 8 foot rulers on a tripod with an aiming flag at the end.

Last edited:

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is "just a trick" (not for permanent use), but it does have an educational purpose, as explained in the post. I think it advances the goal of learning how to shoot. It's just not your cup of tea.

Lots of people share your over-literal misunderstanding of the term "feel". It just means there's some estimation involved, which is what we improve with knowledge and experience. I try to use less ambiguous terms, like "practiced estimation", but that gets cumbersome and may be even less well understood.

It's used that way a lot - but that's a fairly accurate description of "feel", which, after all, is subconscious.

pj
chgo

Sorry, there is ZERO misunderstanding on my part - only an accurate understanding
of the lack of language skills.

Your use of the term "estimation" proves you still don't grasp the fundamental process.

Dale

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Sorry, there is ZERO misunderstanding on my part - only an accurate understanding
of the lack of language skills.

Your use of the term "estimation" proves you still don't grasp the fundamental process.

Dale

Dale,

If you have the grasp of exactly 'feel' is & the language skills to properly explain exactly what 'feel' is, then I for one, & I would think others, would be very interested in reading what you can put forth.

Best Wishes to You & All.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
it is spot on the wall
in a fancy way
Usually a spot on the wall system involves more than one cushion. This appears to be an exact mirror image which is different. Spots on the wall are usually not in the exact mirror position.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone tried this device mentioned above?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wZU_oN8bOM

There is another product on the market that does something similar. I think I got it from Mueller's. It is a small ball on a tripod. You can make your own by drilling and tapping an old ball for a 1/4-20 pin (I think) which is the standard camera tripod screw.

Or, you can put a ball on a bar stool which is almost the perfect height.

The mirror image devices are useful, especially for convincing you that rails do not work like mirrors, most of the time.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Mirror image banking is very interesting.....
...where else do you get to shoot an 01 ball?

pt.....hopes PJ is alright....I miss him on AZ