Missing Gilbert Cue

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sadly, the label shows what the value of the item is. I was waiting for a ups package once and found it on a ups auction site. A team of ups security people visited the person who won the auction, refunded him, and sent me the cue. Some great AZers saw the for sale item and alerted the seller and myself.
No doubt, from a transfer station to the next shipping station, the cue went missing, but the box still look pristine other than where you could see the tape cut and retaped, probably in a ups truck. The ups stations had video and the weight disappeared. I wish the dollar amounts did not appear on any labels that show the worth of the package insured.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've shipped three valuable cues this year via USPS.

I never insured them (feel like it's a rip-off anyway). Even the buyers were panicked by this, but I relayed if there were any issues they would receive an immediate refund, no worries.

I had no issues.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been said many times on here ,if its that valuable send it Registered mail.P.S. the USPS delivers much of UPS and FED EX packages especially in rural and small pop. areas.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I've shipped three valuable cues this year via USPS.

I never insured them (feel like it's a rip-off anyway). Even the buyers were panicked by this, but I relayed if there were any issues they would receive an immediate refund, no worries.

I had no issues.
I had shipped an item valued at about $100 many years ago. USPS going to Canada. I insured and it vanished near the border. The paperwork to file the $100 claim was a pain but they did eventually pay. What send me over the edge was finding out that even though they didn't get it to its destination, they wouldn't refund the shipping cost...what a racket!!

"But you didn't ship it"

Yeah, but we tried so we can't issue a refund"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been said many times on here ,if its that valuable send it Registered mail.P.S. the USPS delivers much of UPS and FED EX packages especially in rural and small pop. areas.

I have tired to explain shipping via Registered is different than all other mail and packaging, but most don't care to listen. This is the only way I ship unless a buyer specifically wants me to ship otherwise, and then only after a pretty lengthy conversation about responsibility of a seller to have a package delivered to the buyer. Too many package snatchers these days.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

I always ship (post), items Registered with the return receipt. With signature.

hank

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its crazy to ship valuable items USPS.

Anyone that ships USPS is just asking for it.

Fed ex and UPS is your bet bet. It can still happen with them but not as likely.

Not if you used USPS registered mail. I challenge anybody to find a story where someone had a disaster story using registered mail.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Not if you used USPS registered mail. I challenge anybody to find a story where someone had a disaster story using registered mail.

The main problem with registered mail is there is no guarantee on WHEN it will be delivered.. It could be 2 days it could be 10 days. There's no way of knowing. It all depends on location and how many packages are in the delivery cue. In bad weather it's not something you want to leave to chance imo.

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you put some kind of little alarm like a few of you have stated. How would that help? They would stomp on that little thing in a second flat. No more sound.