Moderators Please Change your Rules in the F/S Wanted Section

Bigkahuna

It's Good For Your Game!
Silver Member
I posted an Item in the For Sale Wanted section a few days ago and apparently priced it too low. It was not my intention to do so nor was I trying to create an auction.

A couple of people offered the asking price one with $20 shipping (which wasn't enough) and one $200 I pay shipping. Neither of these offer were acceptable to me so I refused them both.

I decided I priced the item too low and changed to best offer. Apparently I kicked the hornets nest there.

The first two PMs I had started saying there was an agreement and that they were the first to respond and that they should get the item (there was no agreement by me to either person.)

Others were saying by the rules in that portion of AZB I needed to sell to the first person who PMd me.

I read the rules and saw that was not the case.

By the end of the day I had made an agreement with another person that was fair to me and fair to him. That person is the third PM and the item is no it's way to him. Yes it was for more than the initial price.

I had other offers afterwards but made an obligation to the third person to PM me.

What ensued after that was the worst experience I have had selling something in my life to include a good many personal attacks and construed scenarios about what really happened.

There were a good many members who had the "integrity" to personally attack me and also suggest in no uncertain terms what I am obligated to do.

So, may I suggest the following rules be added to the F/S Wanted section so there will not be confusion in the future.

If you have posted an item for sale you must sell to the first person who sends you a PM agreeing to your price.

A message saying "I'll take it" shall constitute an agreement of all terms and conditions of the sale.

The conditions of the sale including payment terms and shipping methods shall be determined by the buyer.

If you did not say plus shipping this must be included in the price.

If you said plus shipping the shipping cost shall be determined by the buyer.

You may not be allowed to refuse the first person who sent a PM even if you think it might be a bad experience.

No price adjustmnents shall be made in any sale upwards or downwards.

If you do not comply to these rules you must send the item to the first person who sent a PM for free with an apology for your abhorent and unethical behavoir.

Gentlemen I hope this avoids confusion in the future. Have a nice weekend.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't like it.. I reserve the right to sell to whom ever I choose to for what ever price I choose to sell it for. There are people on here that I would rather set the item on fire then go through the pain in the ass of selling them something. I think your to thin skinned ...who cares if some people acted like an ass. Ignore it.. it's the internet and unfortunately people have a tendency to act like that because they don't have to look you in the eye when they say it.

and just to add ..why did you need to put this up in the main forum? Private message the admin with your suggestions. this is unnecessary.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe he wanted opinions. I see both sides. You list an item at a price and somehow you immediately you want more for the item. That doesn't sound right. I can see where that may happen but lets say someone sends a PM saying they will pay full asking price. Now someone send another PM saying they will pay full asking price. You reply with sorry just got a buyer. The second guy say well I will give you more. So selling can be like well heck I prefer more money and tells the first guy sorry but I can get more. I guess that makes all items auctions. I hate when guys don't even have a price. Make an offer. That's a true auction. Don't know what right. It's your product.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
F/s

Bigkahuna
You have one sale and ??????????????????

You were given the freedom to post your thread .
The out come upset some people, It was your post. your thread. You where the captain and you beached your boat. Dammit.

And now you are out to prove what ? It wasn't your fault.

OK I totally understand. Cow a Bunga dude :cool:

MMike
I just love it when people start getting stress over the holidays.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Do we really need a rule that points out that it's bad to list an item for a price and then not sell it at that price because someone offers more? If you don't know what your stuff is worth, ask first in the other sections or put it on ebay.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
It's unusual for a sale on a $200 case to bring out the lynch mob like your sale did.
The original post could of been handled better to say the least, and most people know what they're doing before they hit the submit button.
It's your sale, you sold the case and made a few extra bucks, and maintained your position as set forth in the elusive Post No. 34.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZ Readers.....don't buy into BK's bullshit.

If you are seriously interested in learning what happened, you should read all the posts, especially Post #34 that this guy thinks exonerates him......Hah.

Then continue reading further and see how his explanation gets shredded by other AZ posters, including the some of Azers who said they buy the case. And Hunter's post is the best rebuttal of BK's abhorrent behavior. While it is true that any seller can back out or turn down any offers and can change his price anytime but is that the type of person you'd want to do business with on the Forum?????

The Forum operates on the principles of a handshake, if you know what I mean and obviously, BK doesn't. Your spoken and written words and the actions you subsequently take determine how much integrity or sense of mortality you genuinely possess. BK's explanation is skewed, misrepresents the facts and he's trying to salvage what's left of his reputation on AZ for which he doesn't have any. And now BK in the future will be known to be on the same rung as Tony Zinzola's reputation.

And BK proclaims on the original thread that he's done with the Forum and he's finished doing business here.....and then he come here afterwards to whine about the shit storm he solely and entirely created with his original sale thread many of us read and his cover-up efforts to disguise the truth with the changes he made to the original thread etc.......Hey Bk......here's a tip...........when you try to get rid of the body, make sure you add 2 lbs of lye for every lb of body weight or the corpse will be found...........you should have used more lye on your original post because we remember what you originally wrote. Please BK ....please.......please.......just follow up on your statement and go away from the Forum as you stated you'd do.....oh, but wait, we've been down that road before with you before with your original post so we should know that you can't be relied upon.

Moderators....don't believe this charlatan.......Azers......this guy is bad news......stay away.....you've been warned and now it's on you.

p.s. The rules do not need changing on the Forum as BK thinks.....only he needs to change...........the Forum works because of good people and he's obviously not one of them......read all the posts and his recital of "contract law"..........this guy is a jerk.......a man is measured by his actions, not his words........BK is a not a good person to trust.

Last edited:

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't like it either. rule number 1 - until you get their, money you have nothing. rule number 2 - there are some people I wouldn't deal with no matter what they offer.
it's your item, you are the decider.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't like it either. rule number 1 - until you get their, money you have nothing. rule number 2 - there are some people I wouldn't deal with no matter what they offer.
it's your item, you are the decider.

plus for you sir

dom_poppa

Banned
Cliff Notes to the OP's saga......

1.) Puts a case for sale for $200

2.) A buyer PM's him that he will take it.

3.) OP finds out that he can get more so he decides to let it go to the best offer.

4.) OP then goes to say he didn't expect to get $100 for it.

5.) OP goes and EDIT his original sales post and jacks up the price to $250

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I just love it when people start getting stress over the holidays.

Seriously Mike. If I were to come for a visit, is there any morgues that we can hang at for a day. Maybe stitch up a couple of post mortems together over a couple of beer.

Maybe do an embalming. I cut, you pump. Put some blue food coloring in the Porta Boy. That should be good for a laugh or two.

We could put a target on the wall and have a trocar throwing contest, just like the good ole days.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
El Disappearo.

I checked his Threads Started. No where to be seen so was probably deleted by the Mods.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
the op messed up in how he conducted a sale in the wanted/for sale section and was told as much by more than a dozen seasoned az veteranss. he didn't like that. and, yes, the thread was removed by the mods.

He is now posting about it here where he is taking the oppty to paint a rosier picture of what he did along with suggesting rule changes.

I agree, it's gotten old.

best,
brian kc

Bigkahuna

It's Good For Your Game!
Silver Member
What happened is laid out in post 1 of this thread. There is no "rosier picture".

I listed an item at $200 and apparently it is fairly rare to see them for sale. In fact, I could not find a sold one on Ebay. Apparently it is worth as much as $400. Yes, I did change to best offer and also raise the price.

I put this thread up because if it was so apparent about what I should have done it should be a rule.

The sale thread was closed because there were angry unreasonable people making unreasonble statements. As you can probabaly tell they are posting here now.

I will maintain my opinion that a seller has the right to accept and refuse any offer for any reason including price, shipping terms or because you think someone is a douche.

I am in total agreement with someone who said I would burn it before selling to some people in there.

As soon as two guys started saying I was first to say "I will take it" meant there was an agreement before I even read their PM I said in the back of my mind, oh this is how it works here. Neither of those guys were going to get that item period.

From there on I felt like I was standing up amongst a bunch of zombies holding up fresh meat.