Molinari Gloves

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am pretty confident Molinari is their own brand and separate entity. I am assuming something happened where they are not producing gloves anymore or maybe went out of business.
Yes and no. They used to carry their own chalk also and it was hexagon shaped rebranded predator chalk lol Molinari gloves were fantastic. It’s a shame if they’re gone For good.

briclops

I am very particular with my equipment and once I am comfortable with something, I will not change. Kind of disappointed that I didn't purchase a lot of them and keep them in storage. I recently started my last available glove, so I at least have 3 to 4 months minimum before I will need to replace. Maybe they will have them back available by then, if not I will try the Kamui or Predator glove.
I’ve seen a website that has a couple of colors in stock. PM me for details.

Full finger gloves are definitely a no go for me. I really think it is very important to be able to feel the cloth. Having material at the end of the fingers feels really weird. Just look at all the pros, absolutely no pro plays with gloves that are full fingered and there is a reason for that.
I like full fingered gloves because I play most of my recreational billiards in bars ...

I would even like to find full fingered [w/ 5 "FINGERS"] gloves for use in "sleazy dive bars" where nothin' gets cleaned for YEARS ...

I don't want to share bodily fluids & germs with the "interesting characters" that I encounter there ... ✌️:cool:

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Molinari was never owned by Predator Group. Predator Group produced private label cues, made at HIE for them for the three-cushion market. They were always separate entities with separate owners.
Weren’t they mostly focused on 3 cushion? They were always the stand at the expo with 2 billiard tables at it that had a small tournament going on. I love the shade of blue they use and wanted the special p3 they had For sale. I think I remember all of their shafts being turned down to a thinner diameter for billiards.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not wanting to hijack/redirect the thread. BUT why don't billiard gloves last longer? And why doesn't some manufacturer make them from longer lasting material? There has to be materials that last longer than most of the gloves I have owned in the past and most of those were pretty poor IMO.
You want them thin as Possible.so they aren’t going to last long. The mollinari glove was actually thicker so it last a lot longer but that’s why I didn’t like them. I play every day and I’ve been using my kamui glove for about 9 months and it’s still in good shape. I wash it once a week.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You want them thin as Possible.so they aren’t going to last long. The mollinari glove was actually thicker so it last a lot longer but that’s why I didn’t like them. I play every day and I’ve been using my kamui glove for about 9 months and it’s still in good shape. I wash it once a week.
Nine months with daily wear is amazing for a billiard glove, IMO. I need to try the Kamui gloves. Thank you for the recommendation!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nine months with daily wear is amazing for a billiard glove, IMO. I need to try the Kamui gloves. Thank you for the recommendation!
It feels as thin as the predator honestly. I love the predator gloves but I’m lucky to get 4 or 5 months and when it gets a hole I‘m done lol it bugs the hell out of me.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Molinari is Predator, Predator is Molinari - Want Molinari gloves? buy Predator gloves. It's essentially the same company just one more focused on Europe, the other is world wide.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious, has anyone tried one of the "liquid glove" products, and if so how well did it work? A couple brands are Invisible Glove, and Gloves in a Bottle if anyone is interested in researching it. These products seem to block various liquid chemicals from reaching the skin, so it stands to reason that they would also block sweat from reaching your cue. Their claims all include fast drying and long lasting so maybe this would be a solution for some folks?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Molinari and Predator group split some years ago. Molinari is now owned by GDM Sports in Belgium. As for the gloves (which I sold a lot of) they aren't really thicker than most other big brands. And let's be clear, no one really wants a thick pool glove as you loose feel and feedback. How long a glove lasts is really hard to say, some players tend to buy a size to small, because they like a really tight fit, which obviously reduces the life of the glove as you put more stress on the seams than what's intended. When a customer expects a glove to last 6 months, 8 months, a year or whatever I tend to shake my head, it's impossible to say, some play two hours a week, some play ten hours a day, so if anything we should try to say how many hours of play a glove should last..
There's still the fact that how players use their glove varies a lot, some rip it off and force their fingers into the glove without straightening out the glove first, some dont take the glove off when taking a leak (gross!!) some players leave the glove in the bag rattling around with chalk, tip tools and what not..
A glove lasts as long as it lasts, if it's aproduction fault, that usually happens pretty fast. I'm usually pretty laid back when it comes to warranty claims and I send out a glove as a free replacement now and then, but more as goodwill than replacing a faulty product. I usually ask for pictures and it's obvious when it's just wear and tear and when it's a production issue.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Molinari is Predator, Predator is Molinari - Want Molinari gloves? buy Predator gloves. It's essentially the same company just one more focused on Europe, the other is world wide.
They are not though. There is a huge difference in the mollinari glove and the predator.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator Second Skin is a better glove. I have both (as well as just about all the others).

I have a pair and for 29 bucks they are absolutely not worth it.
For 5 dollars they would be ok.
You're going to need a new glove every 3-4 months.
Don't feel like adding what mounts to yet another 10 dollars a month subscription.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a pair and for 29 bucks they are absolutely not worth it.
For 5 dollars they would be ok.
You're going to need a new glove every 3-4 months.
Don't feel like adding what mounts to yet another 10 dollars a month subscription.
Yeah I love the way they feel but you go through them because they are too thin. That’s why I went back to kamui

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
how can the issue of the fingerless gloves rolling up the fingers be solved? I still have a molinari, and a kamui glove, but this issue drives me nuts. I constantly have to grab them and pull them down. At first i thought it was the size, and tried a smaller one hoping it would be tighter, but the problem continued.
I had the same problem.
I roll them up to the base of my fingers, then put a small rubberband around at the base just ahead of the roll up. Solves the problem for 90% of shots.