Monster cues?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not like they did.

but I’m early $, still doing just fine 🙏🏼💪😉
I don’t know if it is the cue design or the cue maker.
Personally, I’ve never lost money selling a pool cue.

In fact, a couple of times I made a profit & that helped
pay for the next cue I was getting that simply cost more.

If you buy smart, i.e., highly reputable cue makers, your cue
purchase(s) should retain their value & some can appreciate.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Really a Ton =‘s 2,000 pounds, most Cuesvwith 2 Shafts weigh less the 32 OZ’s, that mean by your statement Dean bought back just around 1,000 JackPots. Sounds like big 🐠 story.
Ok, bought the vast majority of the run back. People holding jackpots are like people racing about their factory-original 78 Pinto

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Ok, bought the vast majority of the run back. People holding jackpots are like people racing about their factory-original 78 Pinto

Well you seem to have some personal beef with Deanoc, if you fell the urge to trash him. Call him, and give him hell.🤔

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t know if it is the cue design or the cue maker.
Personally, I’ve never lost money selling a pool cue.

In fact, a couple of times I made a profit & that helped
pay for the next cue I was getting that simply cost more.

If you buy smart, i.e., highly reputable cue makers, your cue
purchase(s) should retain their value & some can appreciate.
I’ve lost on a few cues. But I was in action buying/selling/trading cues and made bad deals.

Overall I’m up a ton over 36 years of doing this, but my objective was to never make $ in the long run. Shirt run yeah I needed $ and flipped cues. But overall my objective was to buy smart, enjoy cues and store value in those cues. Each was like a small bank account-insurance policy kinda sorta. Making $ is nice but wasn’t the goal and I’m not selling anyways.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I buy a cue, the amount isn’t important otherwise I wouldn’t be considering that cue.
Either I can or can’t afford the cue and the asking price is just the scrimmage line. If the
price was never within reasonable reach, why bother wasting my time or the other guy’s. If
it is, then whether I spend $2k or $5k & I have, as long as the cue lives up to my expectations,
I’m delighted. And since I play with all my cues, except for my Palmer and Schon cues, if and
when I go to sell the cue and I can get back what I originally paid, that’s a winning combo. And
when I can realize a profit, that’s even better. So buying smart is always in your best interest.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve lost on a few cues. But I was in action buying/selling/trading cues and made bad deals.

Overall I’m up a ton over 36 years of doing this, but my objective was to never make $ in the long run. Shirt run yeah I needed $ and flipped cues. But overall my objective was to buy smart, enjoy cues and store value in those cues. Each was like a small bank account-insurance policy kinda sorta. Making $ is nice but wasn’t the goal and I’m not selling anyways.

I have never bought cues to flip or as an investment.

I have always bought cues to play with.

I have every cue I have ever owned with the exception of maybe a half-dozen.

I have had cues for years and have never sold one for less than I paid for it.

Cues are toys.

Play with your toys.

Last edited:

ericdraven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i posted about the same thing while back lol .. ifor me its not just cues , if i see something to buy terms like super , and rare , i find myself
looking elsewhere .

like hits like a ton
monster cue
kinda like people you play against who try to mess with you , like ' theres alot of green between there " or howd you hit it ?

cracks me up

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I have never bought cues to flip or as an investment.

I have always bought cues to play with.

I have every cue I have ever owned with the exception of maybe a half-dozen.

I have had cues for years and have never sold one for less than I paid for it.

Cues are toys.

Play with your toys.
People who don't play with their cues are the same ones who never used their stickers as a kid. Stickers are made for sticking on things, not for sitting on the sticker sheet.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
' theres alot of green between there "
I love this one, it's usually on a bar box. I just say, nah, I have an eight and a half foot table in my basement, everything on here is a short shot. Then after I make it I say, "see, it's like a half table shot."

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
People who don't play with their cues are the same ones who never used their stickers as a kid. Stickers are made for sticking on things, not for sitting on the sticker sheet.

Don’t think we had that option as kids, Sticker were not invented why T-Rex roamed earth.

Steve Pilsner was Mr. Collector, but I am sure most of his Cues were to valuable to do much more then look at. Many were Art, that belong in locked glass case.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

Since you're not selling and I probably cant move down by you how about lending, dad?? :) I never even had a chance to hit a Gus.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The deli’s in NYC are dropping like flys sadly. Same in LA.

Canters on Fairfax is in the middle of the hood now. It’s going to be Canters Chicken & Waffles soon enough. Food there is horrible now.

all the Jerry’s delis closed up

Factors on Pico is still pretty good. Greenblats on Sunset BL was ok(portions god smaller) just before corona-since then I’m not sure what’s going on.

For the most part the food in la in the last 10 years has fell off real bad. Especially fine dining-all frozen prepared garbage food for $150/person. Sad state of affairs.
Need to check out 'The Hill' in St. Louis. Its the Italian section and has a bunch of killer places to eat. Anthonino's Taverna is stupidly good imo. https://anthoninos.com/?v=7516fd43adaa Some good delis, sausage shops(Volpi's) and bakery's too. Love the old school feel of the place.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since you're not selling and I probably cant move down by you how about lending, dad?? :) I never even had a chance to hit a Gus.
Swing by anytime and you can hit with any of them. The only Szam I own I’ve never hit a ball with is Barry’s “Tribute to my dad” cue. Barry built me a one size fits all shaft and I’ve used it or the intended on the “used” Szams.

I haven’t had them all out at the same time in years. We filled up a 6x12 snooker table once with cues about 10 years ago. I need to see if my friend has those pics still.

best Fatboy 😀😀

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
just a stupid sales term.

I tend to agree with you about the term, but corporate America does same thing with world like:

New.

Improved

Supersize.

Lifetime Warranty.

People who write ad copy do this hyping to increase sales.