More Space at DCC?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... GS thinks the 1pocket rules are just fine as they are ...

I read he is changing them for next year. Can't remember who said that, and can't take time right now to find it again. Will look later if no one else remembers.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read he is changing them for next year. Can't remember who said that, and can't take time right now to find it again. Will look later if no one else remembers.

It’s his baby so of course he can do what he will.

However, based what he told me, I’d be surprised. He likes the old school rules and he knows it’s not the rules slowing up the event.

Lou Figueroa

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Give it up.

GS thinks the 1pocket rules are just fine as they are and have always been. He has no desire to mess with the core elements of the game. And, the 1pocket rules are not the reason the whole DCC runs slow. Others have already touched on numerous elements that come into play and lead to that result.

Lou Figueroa

Ha Ha, "Give it up!" Haven't you heard? Greg has plans to incorporate the "Grady" rule next year. I guess you won't be going if he does that. So who's going to give it up now? :rolleyes:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It’s his baby so of course he can do what he will.

However, based what he told me, I’d be surprised. He likes the old school rules and he knows it’s not the rules slowing up the event.

Lou Figueroa

Don't worry Lou. He won't do anything without consulting you first! :thumbup:

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd love to see that one in action some day, but how much would it cost to outfit thirty some tables with chess clocks and what are the chances they won't get stolen?

Chess clock app appears to be free. The cost of clocks isn't the issue, it's making people use them right.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Citation was a horse, a very good horse! And then there are nags which are very bad horses. Nags please.

All I’m asking for is some reference for you saying GS had OK’d use of the Grady Rule for next year’s DCC.

Lou Figueroa
shouldn’t be
that tough

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
All I’m asking for is some reference for you saying GS had OK’d use of the Grady Rule for next year’s DCC.

Lou Figueroa
shouldn’t be
that tough

I thought he called you? Maybe he forgot to tell you. :scratchhead:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, I've got something all right. I've got you Lou! What more could I ask for? :grin:

I ask again: could you please provide some sort of proof, anything at all, that GS has decided to implement the Grady Rule for next year’s DCC?

Lou Figueroa

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....What more could I ask for? :grin:

il_340x270.1715344644_joqd.jpg

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I ask again: could you please provide some sort of proof, anything at all, that GS has decided to implement the Grady Rule for next year’s DCC?

Lou Figueroa

Thanks Lou. It's been nice talking to you. I have to go now. ;)

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Lou -- I looked for several minutes (here and on OnePocket.org) but didn't find it. I seem to remember someone saying Greg would be attending some future event to see Grady's rule(s) in operation, but that he had already decided to use it/them.

So, possibilities include -- I just didn't look in the right place tonight, it has already been deleted, I misread something, I'm hallucinating, or ....?