Mosconi Cup 2015, Boyes: 'Disappointed if we aren't partying on Wednesday!'

dynamite

Gold Member
daz do you play snooker and do you think you would succeed if you played on the snooker tour?

played snooker when i was younger league and for fun never tried to take it anywhere because i loved pool more at the time .. possibly should've tried but didn't love it...

not really played for 7-8 years no chance now too old and my cue action changed too much.

young mans game

d

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It's too bad that Keith McCready is not in his prime....
...he could compete with anybody who ever lived...
...and he could give GWAPO the last five at woofing.

And Daz.....if the pool tables were the same height as a snooker table...
...could you still jump on them?

:smile:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Karl should be able to handle 20 or 30 haters on any Thanksgiving Day.

You won't get any argument from me on those last three sentences.

Happy Thanksgiving Day

JoeyA

He already placed the spotlight on Himself :p...

Me backing him up here makes absolutely no difference at all.. only to 20-30 haters on a pool forum :thumbup::thumbup::thumb up:

We should nit pick every player thats moved in there chair while opponent shooting! You be Amazed how many of your idols and heroes!! The So Called Great Sportsmen Are Actually NOT.

D

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
I don't really gamble because of 3 reasons !

1, I don't have a rich backer

2, I don't sniff white stuff every time out in toilet

3, I have 2 kids to feed

:)

so you have to have a rich backer, snort cocaine, and not have any kids to gamble now? lol.

GWAPO

Daz, thanks for posting here. It's an honor to have a world champ participating in an online forum discussion.

As for Boyes, I don't understand all of the hate. I've played him once at the US Open. It was in the money and I got very fortunate. I was cut breaking and ran a lot of racks to get up 9-2 going to 11. You know what? I could barely put him away. I think I won 11-9. And this was after catching an absolute gear. Karl was playing just crazy. It didn't make me want to quit pool...but almost. The way he was bombing in full table length shots from the end rail was like nothing I've ever seen before. At NO point during the match did he ever do anything that struck me as sharking or disrespectful.

And he had reason to be frustrated. The next day I heard him talking to someone and kind of complaining about the cut break, talking about how he comes overseas and literally gets beat by some unknown stringing racks with a soft break. I was that guy and the funny part is I ABSOLUTELY AGREE. I only cut break because everyone else was and I have to in order to compete. I don't consider him whiny at all, he just is in favor of a game that involves more of the skills he has developed to shine. Because in reality without the five 7 ball gimme runs I got I doubt I'd be able to take a set off this guy more than once in a great while.

Now, this was just my experience. But listen, I've dealt with worse. Much worse. I won't name names, but some of our most revered US players are absolute antagonists at the table. One I played uses 'pillow talk', he talks too quiet for the audience to hear but is just nasty to play against. So my point is that not only do I have nothing but good things to say about Karl, the stuff everyone is complaining about is just absurd, not even on the pool sharking radar. His comments about the Mosconi Cup are not offensive in any way. If anyone is offensive it's the way people talk about the top players on this forum!

Good luck to team Europe and Team US. Thanks for competing and giving us a heck of a sweat!

Thanks shag, nice to no there are some sane people across the pond !

kagewest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The funny thing is when Boyes nickname was made up they actually said GORDO not GWAPO! Karl has brought the haters on just like Earl has. Absoulty no denying that he just has his English ***** snide way. Earl is just in your face pow! At least Earls approach is manly!

kagewest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The funny thing is when Boyes nickname was made up they actually said GORDO not GWAPO! Karl has brought the haters on just like Earl has. Absoulty no denying that he just has his English ***** snide way. Earl is just in your face pow! At least Earls approach is manly! Gordo would tuck his tail and run!

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Good point :grin::grin::grin:

One of those cost me :(

So you are an all natural, no enhancement pool player yourself. I give you props for that over any other accomplishment. Maybe they should have events/matches for that like they do for body builders that don't take steroids. Who else could enter with you ?

And to Boyes -- you can't give yourself your own nickname.