Mosconi Cup 2022 - Press Conference

telinoz

Registered
Jayson Shaw not holding back either.

This felt more like a boxing pre-match.
Funny, we were just talking about how pool needs to have a more professional image in this thread:

Maybe a good thing 60 minutes runs after the Mosconi cup now, so anyone interested can check out the tournament coverage instead.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I felt I went outside my comfort zone when I attended this press conference, but aside from one or two moments, I was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining and well-structured it was. Emily ran the show well, and the players, in general, spoke well.

In addition, I got to greet numerous friends and exchange pleasantries. Glad I went.

… let the games begin.

sunburn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perfect intro video. It's nice to get a feel for the players different personalities.(y) Now, Earl needs to go in and loosen up & get his head in the moment. Great job!

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pockets are still 4 inch, right? tighter than the latest cup earl (and oscar) played in but not tighter than what the MC and other invitationals used last year, i think.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not watched the press conference yet but will later today. I have been, in the past, disappointed when the back-and-forth between Team Europe and Team USA resembles a pre-fight presser before a boxing match. I just don't care for that style of press conferences. To each their own, I guess. It's okay to fire verbal shots at each other if done in a funny manner, but when it gets ugly, it's not a good look for pool.

Guy Manges

Registered
I felt I went outside my comfort zone when I attended this press conference, but aside from one or two moments, I was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining and well-structured it was. Emily ran the show well, and the players, in general, spoke well.

In addition, I got to greet numerous friends and exchange pleasantries. Glad I went.

… let the games begin.
Stu, Looking forward to your writing, Thank you, Guy...

DeeDeeCues

Earl threw himself a pity party.

Oooooo, poor me, people heckle me.

Reap what you sow, dude.

I'm surprised that I was able to lose respect for him, I thought zero was as low as it would go.

Jack Fate

I have not watched the press conference yet but will later today. I have been, in the past, disappointed when the back-and-forth between Team Europe and Team USA resembles a pre-fight presser before a boxing match. I just don't care for that style of press conferences. To each their own, I guess. It's okay to fire verbal shots at each other if done in a funny manner, but when it gets ugly, it's not a good look for pool.
Totally agree, yet there are people that like that kind of crap talk *.Sadly I’ve got one of them in my family. You don’t see this in golf or tennis. I don’t believe it’s helping the sport in terms of image or monetarily

* if done in a funny manner it’s ok but that’s a slippery slope

8intheside

Totally agree, yet there are people that like that kind of crap talk *.Sadly I’ve got one of them in my family. You don’t see this in golf or tennis. I don’t believe it’s helping the sport in terms of image or monetarily

* if done in a funny manner it’s ok but that’s a slippery slope
I think the people who love pool don’t really care too much. People outside the game probably wasnt watching anyways. Pool will never be “big time” and I’ve accepted that. I’ll take the good with the bad.

8intheside

Earl threw himself a pity party.

Oooooo, poor me, people heckle me.

Reap what you sow, dude.

I'm surprised that I was able to lose respect for him, I thought zero was as low as it would go.
I don’t think it was a ”pity party” I think deep down Earl wishes pool would be more respected than it is. I think he considers himself one of the game All time greats, and him playing in the mosconi cup is just “whatever” to some.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
That press conference was great until they gave the mic to Earl then it went to shit. But that is what most of you guys want to see. Earl has issues.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2nd match today

Europe's best doubles team (FSR and Alcaid) vs the 2 "weakest" players on our team (Earl and Oscar)

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some more quote-worthy comments from Earl: he said Shaw looks like a beached whale and that Shane would rob a nun!