Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Only four matches scheduled today.

Albin Ouschan & Joshua Filler vs Shane Van Boening & Skyler Woodward
Joshua Filler vs Skyler Woodward
Albin Ouschan & Fedor Gorst vs Chris Robinson & Billy Thorpe
Jayson Shaw vs Shane Van Boening

The scotch match that would have been the 5th match today, will instead be the first match tomorrow, if Europe doesn't win the event today.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The scotch match that would have been the 5th match today, will instead be the first match tomorrow, if Europe doesn't win the event today.
I posted at same time as you. :ROFLMAO:Please delete my thread
Thanks

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

if it ends today its over, right? No tomorrow?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sounds to me like they changed it to only 4 matches today to give the US a better chance to make it to tomorrow! Now the Euros have to win three out of four to wrap it up today.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom wants to avoid 3 days finish. 3 days finish is bad for business.
Only time in last few decades it finished in 3 days was 2012. Europe won 11-2 and also led by 8-2 end of Day2.
In 2017, Europe also led 8-2 by end of Day 2. On Day 3, USA won first 2 matches. Europe 8-4.
Then Europe won next 2 to go to hill 10-2. Normally there will be one more match to play but Matchroom quickly pulled the plug and move Match 5 to Day 4. :ROFLMAO: Didn't matter then Europe won the cup winning 1st match of Day 4. At least it is 4 days not 3.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds to me like they changed it to only 4 matches today to give the US a better chance to make it to tomorrow! Now the Euros have to win three out of four to wrap it up today.
Of course they did. Been done before when we were getting BAR-B-Q'd.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Have to say I'm OK with this. Had Matchroom announced the postponement of Match 15 until Match 14 had been completed, I would have considered it fan unfriendly, but with an advance announcement, no problem here. Matchroom wants a four day event. I recall how upset Barry Hearn (who was inducted into the BCA Hall of Fame two nights earlier) was at the 2013 Mosconi when it ended on Day 3.

Shame it has come to this, for Team USA hasn't seemed 8-2 worse than Team Europe, but as Vince Lombardi, and later Bill Parcells, observed "you are what your record says you are", so I guess we'll have to grin and bear what has been a trouncing to this point.

Perhaps things will go better today for Team USA in today's session. My fingers are crossed.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have to say I'm OK with this. Had Matchroom announced the postponement of Match 15 until Match 14 had been completed, I would have considered it fan unfriendly, but with an advance announcement, no problem here. Matchroom wants a four day event. I recall how upset Barry Hearn (who was inducted into the BCA Hall of Fame two nights earlier) was at the 2013 Mosconi when it ended on Day 3.

Shame it has come to this, for Team USA hasn't seemed 8-2 worse than Team Europe, but as Vince Lombardi, and later Bill Parcells, observed "you are what your record says you are", so I guess we'll have to grin and bear what has been a trouncing to this point.

Perhaps things will go better today for Team USA in today's session. My fingers are crossed.
Unless we are able to win two out of the first three matches today, it will come down to that last match to determine whether it will all end today.

If it does, I’m not a betting man but if I was, I certainly wouldn’t bet on the Euros to win that last match. If it comes down to that last match, it wouldn’t surprise me if there was some under the table $ incentive for the Euros to dump that last match, which of course we would never ever know about. Just speculating here, but you can’t say it’s not a possible scenario.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Unless we are able to win two out of the first three matches today, it will come down to that last match to determine whether it will all end today.

If it does, I’m not a betting man but if I was, I certainly wouldn’t bet on the Euros to win that last match. If it comes down to that last match, it wouldn’t surprise me if there was some under the table $ incentive for the Euros to dump that last match, which of course we would never ever know about. Just speculating here, but you can’t say it’s not a possible scenario.
Might cost a small fortune to get Jayson to dump to Shane this year.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I don't blame Matchroom in the slightest... Honestly don't think it's going to matter though

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
An obvious attempt to keep an audience...have to admit, this year's cup is kind of like watching a blow out football game when you begin wondering if watching The Shawshank Redemption for the 15th time might be a better option, :(

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I said this in another thread. It's like watching a boxing match between a very good Middleweight and an equally good Heavyweight. The bigger man will win every time.

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's in their head now..... that was horrible. I think they might just want to lose the next match and get out of dodge as quickly as possible.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Their bodies are there but their brains appear to be checked in at the airport already.

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do think Thorpe and Robinson will give it everything they have in this next doubles match.

But SVB, Corey and Skyler appear to be boarding the plane right now.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do think Thorpe and Robinson will give it everything they have in this next doubles match.

But SVB, Corey and Skyler appear to be boarding the plane right now.
Agreed. I actually think we'll win the next 2 matches. Maybe there's a lot of wishful thinking there but I like our odds if SVB can put it together.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
5-0 Filler over Sky. It's getting ugly now. People watching on Sky Sports (no pun intended) are all changing the channel now as well. They've seen enough.