MOSCONI CUP LIVE (Score Updates)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Europe is stalling! They don't want to lose this soft action next year. It's 100K to the winning team! :rolleyes:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Wow! Rack 4 proved a masterpiece for Albin. super-tough runout completed. Tied at 2-2.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I feel like I'm watching a bad night at league.. Yes, that's a bit sarcastic but Europe can't even gift us a match..

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
as in rack three, Sky breaks wet but the two is a long way away. Plays a very nice safety and Albin, one of the best jumper son the planet, goes for the jump cue. Good hit, but skyler earns a shot. Position error followed by a scratch hands the rack to Albin. Wasted opportunity after a well played safety by skyler. Albin 3 Sky 2.

seems every chance the US has to grab control of a match has been wasted this week.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a good chance Europe is going to win today. Matchroom wouldn't cancel match 4 today, would they? They'd be cheating people who came today out of two matches, and who wants to come to just one match on Friday anyway?

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
as in rack three, Sky breaks wet but the two is a long way away. Plays a very nice safety and Albin, one of the best jumper son the planet, goes for the jump cue. Good hit, but skyler earns a shot. Position error followed by a scratch hands the rack to Albin. Wasted opportunity after a well played safety by skyler. Albin 3 Sky 2.

seems every chance the US has to grab control of a match has been wasted this week.

Agreed.. It's not like we are not getting chances. Even the good rolls are wasted far too often. This is the worst play of any MC I've ever watched. Depressing to say the least.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Now that the score is 9-2 and they were hollering on Sky's backswing, the referee finally gives a speech to the crowd while Albin is shooting. Isn't that special.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Albin dry break leaves a tough one-nine combo,incorrectly identified as a two way shor by Forsyth. Skyler not dolled and plays a fine safety. Showed some maturity with this choice, a reminder of why he'll play on many more Team USA squads.

The safety wins the rack and it's 3-3. Patience and good defensive execution, which have been in very short supply this week, were the difference in this rack. well done Skyler!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Wow, rack seven was really something.

Albin breaks wet and kicks in the one rail first. He follows it with a superhuman three ball reminiscent of Wednesday double hill four ball that beat Bergman/Dechaine. Can't close the deal, though, and Sky makes him pay.

4-3 US on the hill.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Impressive runout by Albin takes us to just the second double hill match of this Mosconi Cup.

Skyler to break at double hill.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
With a runout available, Skyler misses the shape onto the four and scratches. I'm sure he's disgusted by this shocking error. Albin cleans it up and it's over.

5-4 Europe wins. Skyler's position errors were the difference in this one.

To be frank, only Bergman has had a good Mosconi Cup on Team USA and ,ayve he should be the Captainof the 2017 team.

Next match is win-win. Either Team USA wins the match or I get to do something a little less painful with my Friday.

Last edited: