MOSCONI CUP LIVE (Score Updates)

dkleather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's understandable to not get the reference but you've doubled down on idiocy here. So you assumed once the USA team traveled outside the USA that they don't understand the reference anymore?

No, what I am saying is that anyone who did not get the reference, which would be the vast majority of the crowd and possibly the Europen team would read it that USA were beaten before a ball is struck. Which is the way it panned out.

From a captain of a team on a six year losing streak it is a very poor choice of comment however you try to justify it. Quite simply it is an admission that they had sucked in the past and could only increase the pressure in the players minds.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiresome nonsense as per usual. How is anybody in this thread being treacherous? Honest criticism is not in itself disloyal.
Unbelievable. Didn't know someone can be treacherous in pool lol
All those who complained about Jerry's commentary better watch out cos you may be branded azb traitors :)

Yup, but not only Europes B team but also C, D and even E team would be superstrong. For example like this:

B team: Hohmann, Immonen, Boyes, Alcaide, Souquet
C team: Filler, He, Kazakis, Van Den Berg, Chinakov
D team: Fortunski, Szewczyk, Juszczyszyn, Sanches Ruiz, Teutscher
E team: Peach, Ekonomopoulos, Grabe, Makkonen, Majid

Hello
You left out:
Meiling
Foldes
NVB
Francisco Diaz
Sniegoc
Skowerski
Stephanov
Ortmann

:)

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karen Corr would have performed better than the current USA lineup. Hell right now we need Earl more than ever. None of our guys can handle pressure like Earl can and even at his age he can play much better than how the team is performing

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So USA needs 8 match winning streak to win the cup.
Well the longest winning streak in MC history was 11 in USA's obliteration of Europe 12-1 in 2001. Europe won 1st match and USA run out 11 matches to win the cup
But the Euro team then was much weaker-had guys like Steve Davis, Steve Knight.

Longest winning streak in recent years was 7 in that infamous 11-2 thrashing by Europe in 2013. Based on last few years results, Europe is at least 60:40 favorite

If I still recall my probability 101, that is 1 in 1500 chance of winning 8 matches in a row
Leicester was 1 in 5000 to win EPL last year so USA chances are better than Leicester.
There is still a chance but I wouldn't bet on it even if I were a betting man :D

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
Well the longest winning streak in MC history was 11 in USA's obliteration of Europe 12-1 in 2001. Europe won 1st match and USA run out 11 matches to win the cup

Longest winning streak in recent years was 7 in that infamous 11-2 thrashing by Europe in 2013. Based on last few years results, Europe is at least 60:40 favorite

If I still recall my probability 101, that is 1 in 1500 chance of winning 8 matches in a row
Leicester was 1 in 5000 to win EPL last year so USA chances are better than Leicester.
There is still a chance but I wouldn't bet on it even if I were a betting man :D

You do not remember your probability 101 correctly.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member

If Europe won the first match and USA won 12-1, how was the streak 11? You have to be mistaken with one of these "facts".

Either USA won the first match, Europe won match #2 or USA won 12 in a row. Unless I'm reading this wrong, which would not be the first time.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If Europe won the first match and USA won 12-1, how was the streak 11? You have to be mistaken with one of these "facts".

Either USA won the first match, Europe won match #2 or USA won 12 in a row. Unless I'm reading this wrong, which would not be the first time.

It was 12 in a row after losing the first match.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Not much point dreaming of victory for Team USA, but Dechaine can inspire his team if he can find a way to beat likely 2016 Player of the Year Jayson Shaw.

I'll have a little lunch and by then it will be show time. Bring it on!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
2nd match: (Neils vs. Shane) Neils is on his way to getting another MVP selection and Shane may very well be the least valuable player this year. I would like to know the head-to-head score between these two. ...

I don't know about their overall record. But in the Mosconi Cup, they have played only one singles match (it was last year) and Feijen won 5-4. They have split 6 doubles matches evenly.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sorry The facts were right just my math was off lol. A sign of old age
It was 12 match streak:)

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
I'd give it an 80% chance of being over in 1 match, 90% within 2 matches, 99% within 3 matches, 99.9% ....

In that case, I would gladly take...

4:1 that it is not over in 1 match
9:1 that it is not over in 2 matches
99:1 that it is not over in 3 matches
999:1 that it is not over in 4 matches

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
15380672_10154610751900115_933452912917266319_n.jpg

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the odds on M.D. defeating Jayson Shaw? Have they ever played against each other on the Joss Tour or other events? Just curious.