Mosconi Cup Prediction Poll

Who should be on the 2014 US Mosconi Cup Team

• Total voters

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
Given that there are a couple threads concerning the makeup of the 2014 US Mosconi Cup team that have garnered much attention, I thought it might be interesting to start a poll and then see how close we get to the final results.

I've tried to include players who:

a) ...seem to be in the running.
b) ...have been named as serious contenders.
c) ...are generally considered to be the best US 9-ball players.

Please excuse any omissions and spelling errors.

BJ

Last edited:

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Voted for four among those you included, but you missed:

Pagulyan
Orcullo
Biado
Van Corteza

This assumes, of course, that we can turn back the clock of history to the time when The Philippines were a U.S. Territory. :grin:

hlymnstr14

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok, 12 votes, 10 for SVB. I want explanations from the 2 that didn't vote for him. :rolleyes:

are you 2 thinking that the others being around him will ruin their own games when they realize how good they are not?

Last edited:

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
Voted for four among those you included, but you missed:

Pagulyan
Orcullo
Biado
Van Corteza

This assumes, of course, that we can turn back the clock of history to the time when The Philippines were a U.S. Territory. :grin:

...just need to be careful that the UK doesn't attempt to roll back their own clock!

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Besides the usual young guns and shane, I had to throw in a vote for Corey.
He's still out there playing and winning majors, he was in the US Open finals just a few years ago.

I am all for getting rid of the older guys who are past their prime, even if they can still play.
But I'm not sure the team should be 100% young guns + Shane.
There should be one other experienced player, who has seasoning and won 9b majors.
That's Corey. Not to mention nobody knows more about the 9b break than he does,
and they need someone to help the team figure it out. Even with the new break box,
there are still things to learn about it.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to see Bergman on the team. However, I didn't vote for him, because I believe he won't be selected.

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
wheres Donny mills and Henny?
They can rob 75% of the players in this poll

sorry...25 player limit. I admit to overlooking Donny...but I didn't really hear anything about Hennesee before your post...noted as write in votes.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to see Bergman on the team. However, I didn't vote for him, because I believe he won't be selected.

I'd like to take action on Bergman making it.

I'd take 3/1, lots of variables to account for. His attitude, which he's doing better. And he may become board with pool again and quit.

I'd bet up to $500 on my side. Any increments of 60/20 and up. Just to sweat it.
Posting may be required.

Bets open to most anyone.

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wheres Donny mills and Henny?
They can rob 75% of the players in this poll

Come on Brent...Donny has the heart of a peanut and if you pick Hennessey you might as well put dechaine in. That way we have two of the most moody players on earth.:thumbup:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Scott Frost should be on the list as well. Scott has been working hard on his game - both on and off the table and I like what I am seeing.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Your right on about a few things here
But I would go to war with Donny

I think the same. Donny has heart.

We do however need good breakers. Why are so many voting Corey? Corey can't break. If he would work on his break, he's got my vote, but I don't see that being likely.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Oops, I missed Corey in the list. In the same break format in 2001, he pitched Mika a shut out.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I think the same. Donny has heart.

We do however need good breakers. Why are so many voting Corey? Corey can't break. If he would work on his break, he's got my vote, but I don't see that being likely.

His soft break is killer with the 9 on the spot, see 2001 US Open.

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
Write-Ins

Scott Frost should be on the list as well. Scott has been working hard on his game - both on and off the table and I like what I am seeing.

Ok, I'll keep track of the write in candidates. Perhaps we can combine the finalists from both polls, into one final poll.

Write in Candidates

Adam Smith
Larry Nevel
John Schmidt
Donny Mills
John Hennessee
Scott Frost