Mosconi Cup Rankings and Schedule from Matchroom Sports

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
I wonder how many players chose to play in the Steinway Classic instead of the WPA Kuwait 9-Ball or vice versa?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Matchroom did award points for 32 places at Gotham City, so Wilkie picked up 5 points for 17th/24th. The top 10 now are:

1 Van Boening, Shane.....325
2 Woodward, Skyler.....248
3 Morris, Rodney.....216
4 Dechaine, Mike.....215
5 Dominguez, Oscar.....190
6 Wilkie, Shaun.....150
7 Bergman, Justin.....143
8 McMinn, Shane.....119
9 Roberts, Josh.....110
10 Shuff, Brandon.....107

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know whether any of these players (or any other players from USA) are planning to go to Kuwait?

Oscar is definitely not going to Kuwait he has his own wedding to attend :smile:

So the US Open is going to be his last barrel at qualifying for team USA on points.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As a result of the U.S. Open 9-Ball event, Dechaine has moved into the top 3 in the Mosconi Cup points race, displacing Morris. Also, Bergman and Wilkie swapped 6th and 7th places, and the last three positions in the top 10 were also reordered.

So with one event to go (Kuwait 9-Ball) here are the top 10 in Mosconi Cup points (per Matchroom):

1 Van Boening, Shane.....405
3 Dechaine, Mike.....236
4 Morris, Rodney.....216
6 Bergman, Justin.....159
7 Wilkie, Shaun.....150
8 Shuff, Brandon.....134
9 Roberts, Josh.....126
10 McMinn, Shane.....119

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
As a result of the U.S. Open 9-Ball event, Dechaine has moved into the top 3 in the Mosconi Cup points race, displacing Morris. Also, Bergman and Wilkie swapped 6th and 7th places, and the last three positions in the top 10 were also reordered.

So with one event to go (Kuwait 9-Ball) here are the top 10 in Mosconi Cup points (per Matchroom):

1 Van Boening, Shane.....405
3 Dechaine, Mike.....236
4 Morris, Rodney.....216
6 Bergman, Justin.....159
7 Wilkie, Shaun.....150
8 Shuff, Brandon.....134
9 Roberts, Josh.....126
10 McMinn, Shane.....119

Thanks!
Will

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
US Ranking Latest: Final spots to be decided in Kuwait

WITH HIS RECENT win at the US Open – his fifth in total – Shane Van Boening has absolutely crushed the Team USA Mosconi Cup rankings, as he sealed his tenth appearance in the annual transatlantic tear-up. Van Boening is a whopping 157 points ahead of his nearest rival with just the final event to go – the Kuwait 9 Ball Open which gets underway next week.

He leads Skyler Woodward, who went pointless in Virginia, and now finishes on 248 points, having chosen to miss the final event of the season. In third place is Mike Dechaine, who leap-frogged Rodney Morris to move into the third automatic qualifying spot, with a 13th place finish at the Open.

Dechaine is 12 points behind second spot and 20 ahead of Morris and with both men playing in Kuwait there may well be a twist in the tail.

For Hall of Famer Morris to make the top three he needs to finish 20 points or more above Dechaine, or go past Woodward.

Best ways, Morris must reach the last 16 with Dechaine finishing out of the points to finish third, unless he reaches the quarter-finals in which case he will go ahead of Woodward regardless of where Dechaine finishes.

All Dechaine needs to do though, is just finish in the top 32 to go ahead of Woodward, and ensure his automatic spot in the side.

Following the conclusion of the Kuwait Open, the remaining two wildcards will be announced to complete the five-man team who will travel to London to attempt to win the Mosconi Cup for the first time since 2009.

us-rankings-sept26.jpgCapture.JPG

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you've got to go with Morris no matter what. He was put in the Hall of Fame this year, he's been really dedicated to playing in the events and he's played really well, and I'm sure would be a great team-player.

SVB, Woodward, Dechaine, and Morris are no-brainers IMO.

The tricky decision is whether to go with Oscar or skip him in points and go with Bergman. Bergman is probably the better player overall, and I felt that Oscar burned some bridges two years ago when he was one who was left out of the team and kind of complained about Mark's approach. But clearly Oscar has earned it this year in points, and maybe it's good to let someone new give it a try.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
US Ranking Latest: Final spots to be decided in Kuwait

WITH HIS RECENT win at the US Open – his fifth in total – Shane Van Boening has absolutely crushed the Team USA Mosconi Cup rankings, as he sealed his tenth appearance in the annual transatlantic tear-up. Van Boening is a whopping 157 points ahead of his nearest rival with just the final event to go – the Kuwait 9 Ball Open which gets underway next week.

He leads Skyler Woodward, who went pointless in Virginia, and now finishes on 248 points, having chosen to miss the final event of the season. In third place is Mike Dechaine, who leap-frogged Rodney Morris to move into the third automatic qualifying spot, with a 13th place finish at the Open.

Dechaine is 12 points behind second spot and 20 ahead of Morris and with both men playing in Kuwait there may well be a twist in the tail.

For Hall of Famer Morris to make the top three he needs to finish 20 points or more above Dechaine, or go past Woodward.

Best ways, Morris must reach the last 16 with Dechaine finishing out of the points to finish third, unless he reaches the quarter-finals in which case he will go ahead of Woodward regardless of where Dechaine finishes.

All Dechaine needs to do though, is just finish in the top 32 to go ahead of Woodward, and ensure his automatic spot in the side.

Following the conclusion of the Kuwait Open, the remaining two wildcards will be announced to complete the five-man team who will travel to London to attempt to win the Mosconi Cup for the first time since 2009.

View attachment 438490View attachment 438491

Thanks for this --- when does Kuwait start and how big is the field?

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you've got to go with Morris no matter what. He was put in the Hall of Fame this year, he's been really dedicated to playing in the events and he's played really well, and I'm sure would be a great team-player.

SVB, Woodward, Dechaine, and Morris are no-brainers IMO.

The tricky decision is whether to go with Oscar or skip him in points and go with Bergman. Bergman is probably the better player overall, and I felt that Oscar burned some bridges two years ago when he was one who was left out of the team and kind of complained about Mark's approach. But clearly Oscar has earned it this year in points, and maybe it's good to let someone new give it a try.

Oscar has been on the Mosconi Cup team in the past.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
I kinda like the list as it is........ Justin shouldn't get a spot based on his performances. How many tournaments did he drop out of this year at the last minute...?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was asked last night what the points results were for just 9-Ball and 10-Ball events played on 9-foot tables.

9 of the 28 points events were played on 7-foot tables, including all 4 of the 8-Ball events. Eliminating points earned in those 9 events, we have:

1. Van Boening, Shane.....290
2. Dechaine, Mike.....212
3. Dominguez, Oscar.....149
4. Morris, Rodney.....145
5. Wilkie, Shaun.....123
6. Shuff, Brandon.....118
7. Bergman, Justin.....101
T8. Woodward, Skyler.....83
T8. Roberts, Josh.....83
T8. Lombardo, Hunter.....83

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was asked last night what the points results were for just 9-Ball and 10-Ball events played on 9-foot tables.

9 of the 28 points events were played on 7-foot tables, including all 4 of the 8-Ball events. Eliminating points earned in those 9 events, we have:

1. Van Boening, Shane.....290
2. Dechaine, Mike.....212
3. Dominguez, Oscar.....149
4. Morris, Rodney.....145
5. Wilkie, Shaun.....123
6. Shuff, Brandon.....118
7. Bergman, Justin.....101
T8. Woodward, Skyler.....83
T8. Roberts, Josh.....83
T8. Lombardo, Hunter.....83

Success on the baby tables were a big reason Sky and Berg made the team, I see.

Last edited: