Mosconi cup

JCL

Doe anyone's know what pocket size is matchroom using for Mosconi, seems to me that they are actually going to use 4" pockets and 4.75 sides, but haven't found any info about it

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Does this mean the rumors are true about Emily trying to pay off certain Team Europe players to dump their matches?
C’mon man!

The rumors? The rumors!?! Nothin nobody herd until you whisper sweet nothings.

Drama. All the girls love drama.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I’ll see what I can find out. Just got here this afternoon. Will be sending in daily reports on the matches and anything else that catches my eye.

My gut level feeling is that we may be in for a big surprise!
The new poker room is open at Horseshoe(former bally's)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
So much for the sweltering heat in Las Vegas that we are all familiar with. Just took my dog out to do her business and froze my butt off. It’s 35 degrees out now! No worries, it’s expected to reach 57 today.

Same weather as in New York today. Weird huh. The Euros should feel right at home. Let the fun and games begin!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doe anyone's know what pocket size is matchroom using for Mosconi, seems to me that they are actually going to use 4" pockets and 4.75 sides, but haven't found any info about it
Whatever the pocket size, unless the cloth on the match table is changed every day, it is a fact that the way the new cloth plays and particularly the way the pockets accept balls changes as the tournament progresses from day 1 to day 4, getting slightly tighter and less forgiving each day.

These players are very aware of that to the extent that it may change the way they choose to play certain shots from day 1 to day 4.

Last edited:

JCL

Whatever the pocket size, unless the cloth on the match table is changed every day, it is a fact that the way the new cloth plays and particularly the way the pockets accept balls changes as the tournament progresses from day 1 to day 4, getting slightly tighter and less forgiving each day.

These players are very aware of that to the extent that it may change the way they choose to play certain shots from day 1 to day 4.
I'm agree that "sliding" might benefit pocketing ball but conditions are not going to vary that much in 3 days. It will be the same trough all the tournament

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
C’mon man!

The rumors? The rumors!?! Nothin nobody herd until you whisper sweet nothings.

Drama. All the girls love drama.
Sorry I couldn't get you the Watergate tapes.

The "rumors" originated from several pro players :oops:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm agree that "sliding" might benefit pocketing ball but conditions are not going to vary that much in 3 days. It will be the same trough all the tournament
For the pros, they play on new cloth enough that they adjust quickly. The biggest problem at least for the rest of us is playing position on newly installed cloth is the inside spin usually doesn’t grab off the cushions and draw shots are far harder to control.

Last edited: