Motivational sayings for my wall

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
Im in the process of setting up my new home room, and would like to put some motivating quotes up on the walls. Like "we play like we practice".

What are some quotes that you like to use with students, for self motivation, or to just get your mind in the right place during practice sessions?

Woody

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
"You Must Pursue Perfection..

not because you will reach it... you will not..

You must pursue perfection because it is the only path to excellence"

- Vince Lombardi

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
375720_135838359852052_100002776656390_112262_545351815_n.jpg.....

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
If you have not considered it framed photos of past champions can help you in the same regard, with the added value of really improving the look of the room.

I have a number of these in my room.

Im in the process of setting up my new home room, and would like to put some motivating quotes up on the walls. Like "we play like we practice".

What are some quotes that you like to use with students, for self motivation, or to just get your mind in the right place during practice sessions?

Woody

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have not considered it framed photos of past champions can help you in the same regard, with the added value of really improving the look of the room.

I have a number of these in my room.
Trying to think of some saying but your suggestion is perfect.
A friend of mine even has a photo of a Women Curling Champion on his wall.
The Consentration she shows on her face is what he wants to achieve
for every shot.

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
Great suggestions so far, keep me coming!

And yes, I do plan on having pictures of some of the greats on my wall with my picture right in the middle of them :thumbup:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Woody...You might remember this one, from when we did our lesson all those years ago: Shape ain't sh!t without the shot!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Woody

RWOJO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sayings

"Plan it, visualize it, then do it"
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
"We love the winning, we take the losing, but most of all we love to play"
"To play pool well is a sign of an ill spent youth"
"Pool isn't about money, its about excellence"
"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"