Moving to Jacksonville, FL - need a table mechanic to install my Diamond and new cloth. Also looking for decent places to play, APA and otherwise.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
*snip*

Just across the river on the west side is Park Avenue Billiards. They have every table imaginary and are open 24/7. It's been a while since I have been that way.

I'll let someone else fill in for leagues.

This is great, I'll may be heading to Jacksonville for work end of the year and I could use an imaginary table to go with my imaginary game skill ;)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
you are such a phenomenal professional, I can not see why MATCHROOM SPORTS has not retained you, for all the world 9 ball events. good lord, the world must be in humble reverence . in total AWE, of your pure genius.
Do you even own a pool table?

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Title says it all. I'm moving to Jacksonville from Chicago. I will need a good mechanic to install my relocated table, re-cloth with 860, and get it perfect. I'll also be looking to join a league or two (APA, BCA, whatever) in the area. Anyone have recommendations for either of these issues?
Billiard Factory is convenient--next to great shopping at Freshfields Market and amazing European and Middle Eastern markets.

They have outstanding tables open to you as a club membership, friendly staff and excellent equipment--I'm planning another billiards clinic there for this summer.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you are such a phenomenal professional, I can not see why MATCHROOM SPORTS has not retained you, for all the world 9 ball events. good lord, the world must be in humble reverence . in total AWE, of your pure genius.
You are the exact kind of poster that someone started a thread about a few weeks ago. TOXIC POSTER. Just here to start shit

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billiard Factory is convenient--next to great shopping at Freshfields Market and amazing European and Middle Eastern markets.

They have outstanding tables open to you as a club membership, friendly staff and excellent equipment--I'm planning another billiards clinic there for this summer.

Ok, where is the "amazing" (eastern) European and middle eastern markets? Surely not Halas? Amar?

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Amazing to me how my original post looking for a table mechanic and recommendations of places to play in my new city turned in to something so much different. What a shame.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I regret posting this thread.. for obvious reasons..
Oh it's OK, public forums are like this, just ignore most of the bullshit and it's fine. The bottom line is to ask for pictures of work so you have a reference as to who you're considering hiring, and not pictures of the tables fully done, but rather the pictures that show the work that actually goes into the table. Pictures of the pocket work, pictures of the rail work, showing the stapling patterns, pictures of the slate seams finished....things like that. If whom ever you're talking to can't provide them pictures, or if they do and you can clearly see the work looks like shit, move on to the next person, or waste your money and live with the outcome, your call!

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
The sad part is that is is exactly what I asked for. A high quality mechanic to install my table and decent places to play. It seemed like a simple request and turned into a shit show of sorts.

I was trying to find a top qualtiy mechanic to install my table in Jacksonville, and I still have no idea. The thread got way off topic. I'm sorry for that.

Thanks for the input I did get though, it was helpful. I'm encouraged that I will have many options about places to play. I currently play on 5 APA teams a week and would like to continue to play at that frequency.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Ok, where is the "amazing" (eastern) European and middle eastern markets? Surely not Halas? Amar?
We are moving away from the OP, but Hala's and European Mix have some loss leaders that are the lowest prices I've seen on speciality Middle Eastern and European items.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
The sad part is that is is exactly what I asked for. A high quality mechanic to install my table and decent places to play. It seemed like a simple request and turned into a shit show of sorts.

I was trying to find a top qualtiy mechanic to install my table in Jacksonville, and I still have no idea. The thread got way off topic. I'm sorry for that.

Thanks for the input I did get though, it was helpful. I'm encouraged that I will have many options about places to play. I currently play on 5 APA teams a week and would like to continue to play at that frequency.
Looks like you were given at least 2 names and a number... and a realtor... I donno. Good luck?