54.3 KB · Views: 561
  • Starkey Cues 1.jpg
    Starkey Cues 1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 566

tbayplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow

you bought that pink ivory cue, you lucky sunofagun, nice collection, one for everyday of the week

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
The Titelist cue weighs only 14.2 oz and hits great, is very cool looking.

The purple heart weighs only 15.065 and has the snappiest hit and best sound of any cue I own. I think it's because of the particular combination of big wood pin, the phenolic joint, no ferrule, Super Pro tip and the purpleheart. It's incredible. I still have problems likeing the color of the purple heart but man(!) the hit is violent!

Monto P2

Asia Billiards
Silver Member
The Titelist cue weighs only 14.2 oz and hits great, is very cool looking.

The purple heart weighs only 15.065 and has the snappiest hit and best sound of any cue I own. I think it's because of the particular combination of big wood pin, the phenolic joint, no ferrule, Super Pro tip and the purpleheart. It's incredible. I still have problems likeing the color of the purple heart but man(!) the hit is violent!

Are you selling any of those? If yes, Price?:thumbup:

bapage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cool

Lovely set of cues.. yes, one for each day of the week, and then some. my mother had most of Carlos Castenada 's books.. I read most of them.. made me laugh, think hard, and re-read many many lines.. never read anyone ever quote any of his lines before... pretty cool. again wonderful collection of cues. -Bryan

Last edited:

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Wow, Im going to have a chat with Chuck soon. I absolutely love that solid curly maple cue. I need one Chuck.....

Josh

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for sharing

Super nice every one. Remember to keep your computer backed up so you don't loose all the good stuff if it crashes. I save some pictures on the camera chips. - because my computer did crash once and lost all the older pictures of cues -I had 26 yrs ago. I did meet chuck desi in 07 -looks like he has progressed lots and is doing lots of work. I did get a joss from 1983- that has the bells and whistles. I would call the shaftwood and the maple front- white as the hands of god or a surgon- no wrinkles -just pure pefection. mark

JimS

Silver Member
Lovely set of cues.. yes, one for each day of the week, and then some. my mother had most of Carlos Castaneda's books.. I read most of them.. made me laugh, think hard, and re-read many many lines.. never read anyone ever quote any of his lines before... pretty cool. again wonderful collection of cues. -Bryan

one for each day and two for the next week :groucho:

Castaneda was/is a major influence in the shaping of how I perceive life... a MAJOR influence. In fact, I can say that his work permanently altered my perception of the world. I'm very grateful I was led to study his work.

Last edited:

JimS

Silver Member
Super nice every one. Remember to keep your computer backed up so you don't loose all the good stuff if it crashes. I save some pictures on the camera chips. - because my computer did crash once and lost all the older pictures of cues -I had 26 yrs ago. I did meet chuck desi in 07 -looks like he has progressed lots and is doing lots of work. I did get a joss from 1983- that has the bells and whistles. I would call the shaftwood and the maple front- white as the hands of god or a surgon- no wrinkles -just pure pefection. mark

I got carbonite about 7 months ago... and I too have the cue pics on camera chips stored in a safe... but your post reminds me to add these pics to that chip. Thanks for the heads up.

I have yet to meet Chuck face to face. I look forward to that occasion with gratitude for the possible opportunity. He is a man of integrity and a fine friend to have.

abcdefg

Banned
Wow

Hello Jim, very nice cues.. I am also a fan of Chuck's cues.. I have 5 of them myself.. May I know how heavy is the all maple cue you have there? Thanks..

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a big thanks to jims

its not the number of cues jim has purchased but the way he has conducted himself in these transactions. he knows what he wants and understands cue construction. it has been a pleasure to do business with jims.

chuck starkey