My fist custom cue made for me

shewmake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when my team went to vegas this year thanks to the apa. i enterd a raffel and won a 2200 dollar custom cue from russ espiritu. I could have kept the cue i won but i wanted to have him build me and ebony and ivory cue with a g10 pin. I talk to him tonight and he said i could expect to have it sometime in december. I will post pics when i get it. Hear are the pics the cue isnt quite what i wanted i guess there was a misunderstanding all the turquoise should be ivory IMO and the wrap should be white and black leather and he put the radial pin insted of the G10 for weight reason but none the less hear she is Please tell me what you think i would love your input 2013-02-15_17-17-41_549.jpg

2013-02-15_17-19-33_722.jpg

1360970297053.jpg

2013-02-15_17-20-03_269.jpg

1360970576205.jpg

Last edited:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I don't really have an answer to your question, but welcome to the forum.
Did you know that the town from which you hail was named after a pool room in Norfolk, Va, now long since gone? Or, it could have been the other way around. :smile:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a chester krick now and when my team went to vegas this year thanks to the apa. i enterd a raffel and wont a 2200 dollar custom cue from russ espiritu. I could have kept the cue i won but i opt to have him build me and ebony and ivory cue with a g10 pin. I talk to him tonight and he said i could expect to have it sometime in december. Could anyone tell me witch on of my cues will play better i have never shoot with a espiritu and i love my krick. I will post pics when i get it

The Krick Cues and the Espiritu's are both very good cues,,,,,,so no one can tell you which will play better friend,,,,,,,,it's all in how "you" like them.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both great.

I have an Espiritu but have never shot with a Krick.

You'll have to try them out yourself and compare them. Nobody can say which will be better for you.

shewmake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still havent got my cue yet but i hope so soon i dont know if i can wait much longer

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best of luck, I hope you love it. Cue deals frequently run a bit longer than the original estimate.

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
Being from Mississippi originally, I have owned 5-6 Espiritu cues. They play good. The only detractor for me is that the butt seems really skinny. I have big hands. It's a personal preference thing. You may love it, but the diameter is definitely smaller than most.

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
custom cue

Welcome to the world of custom cues and cue makers.

Where you can get a date that your cue will be done that comes and goes by way by.

Or you can get a date and time that your cue will be done and it shows up on your door step that day or before.

Be glad your cue maker is at least communicating with you.

shewmake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got news today he will be done with the cue and it will be shiped next tuesday he is finishing the inlays on the shaft now

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations.

New cues are kind of like having a new girlfriend.:eek: It may take a little while to become comfortable and truly appreciate differences from your current cue.

Take good care of it, and it will do the same for you. If things don't work out -get a new...girlfriend.

Enjoy your cue.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Congratulations.

New cues are kind of like having a new girlfriend.:eek: It may take a little while to become comfortable and truly appreciate differences from your current cue.

Take good care of it, and it will do the same for you. If things don't work out -get a new...girlfriend.

Enjoy your cue.

Great analogy!

Reminds me of this one cue I had that provided way too much feedback . . . :grin-square:

Congrats to the op on the shipment of your very 1st custom. :cool:

Just a few days ago I received a phone call in my car that prompted an unexpected trip into a local pool room. I no sooner made my way through the door when I was challenged to play a friendly set and so I, of course, said okay. A fellow az'er, Adam the Dragon, happened to be within earshot and since I didn't have my gear with me, he very generously offered for me to use his fancy Espiritu. I had never hit with one before.

I gave it a real good look-over as well as the playing time and I'm happy to report that this was a GREAT cue in all respects. Played wonderful, all points and inlays were nicely done, and, to me, the handle felt very standard in size.

Please post some pics when she arrives.

best,
brian kc