My Home Pool Room Journey

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
Half bath is looking good. This configuration is probably about half the size of the original half bath. Got some electrical done today and some other odd ball jobs. Not done for the night yet though. Have to keep grinding.
2b95cbb851b4c8dd571da52b0da5b6c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runout1961

Silver Member
Wind - 1 / Insulation - 0

All I needed was one sheet of 4x8 3/4” insulation for the area above the fireplace. This part is smaller than the rest to make the wall flush. Had it on the cart made for hauling this type of thing, lumber etc. came out of the big box store and a huge gust of wind ripped it off the material car about 20ft in the air. Whipped it around 40ft across the parking lot before smashing into some lady’s car. And she was in it. She was nice though. She was more worried about my new insulation board breaking into pieces. No damage to the car. I chased down the four pieces and headed home.

Also got the light switch installed and all the lights are working. Still have to put an outlet on a switch for the pool table light.

Zero motivation tonight. I think the honeymoon phase of getting into this project is over. Actually kind of sick of this project already. I just keep telling myself having a hone pool room again will be worth it. Have to keep pushing.
0d951020698adcf351df72c0711d934c.jpg

55c05dd1c3deade86e731656b6de0c88.jpg

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Zero motivation tonight. I think the honeymoon phase of getting into this project is over. Actually kind of sick of this project already. I just keep telling myself having a hone pool room again will be worth it.
Don’t lose heart. You’re gosh darn right it’s gonna be worth it! Think of how much money you’re saving. Not to mention you’re on the downhill slide now, once those columns are set...

...Hey, dudes that do this stuff for a living would have looked at digging out that footer under the corner of the water heater and said, “Uhh I din’t think I can hack it.” But you did my man, you Great American Badass! Buckle down and finish! You’ll have exponentially more easy living in that room than you will ball busting labor. You are ALL that is man, GET IT!

Last edited:

runout1961

Silver Member
Don’t lose heart. You’re gosh darn right it’s gonna be worth it! Think of how much money you’re saving. Not to mention you’re on the downhill slide now, once those columns are set...

...Hey, dudes that do this stuff for a living would have looked at digging out that footer under the corner of the water heater and said, “Uhh I din’t think I can hack it.” But you did my man, you Great American Badass! Buckle down and finish! You’ll have exponentially more easy living in that room than you will ball busting labor. You are ALL that is man, GET IT!

It will be worth it. Stay with it.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Hope to get a lot done tonight after work. The new poles get installed tomorrow morning which will allow the old old pole in the middle of the room to come out. Hopefully.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Hope to get a lot done tonight after work. The new poles get installed tomorrow morning which will allow the old old pole in the middle of the room to come out. Hopefully.

I'm not sure who you ordered from but maybe you can ask for delivery to be pushed back a little if possible. I ended up having to do that myself and got even more time than I bargained for. I asked to get put to the end of the line in my 12-14 week wait time, but a slight miscommunication on a phone call got it pushed back an entire month. Mostly because of delivery dates to my area and not my poor communication skills, that's what I'm going with anyway. So yes just throwing that out there. I just put my final coat of paint on the trim and baseboards last weekend! Still have to nail hole fill, caulk and paint the exterior. Will get to that within the next couple of weeks, I'm still letting the treated lumber dry and shrink. Anyway, your place is coming right along man, keep up the good work! It is appreciated too.

runout1961

Silver Member
I'm not sure who you ordered from but maybe you can ask for delivery to be pushed back a little if possible. I ended up having to do that myself and got even more time than I bargained for. I asked to get put to the end of the line in my 12-14 week wait time, but a slight miscommunication on a phone call got it pushed back an entire month. Mostly because of delivery dates to my area and not my poor communication skills, that's what I'm going with anyway. So yes just throwing that out there. I just put my final coat of paint on the trim and baseboards last weekend! Still have to nail hole fill, caulk and paint the exterior. Will get to that within the next couple of weeks, I'm still letting the treated lumber dry and shrink. Anyway, your place is coming right along man, keep up the good work! It is appreciated too.

Thanks bud. Can’t wait to see the finished pics of your room!

To the OP....so close. Stay with it, no stopping now. And 8cree, it's almost time bud!!! I know you can't wait.

Thanks man. Definitely not stopping now. I at least want to get the room to a point that the table can be installed. That’s the goal.

runout1961

Silver Member
Framed up the small bathroom wall last night. Came home from work and my girlfriend already had it insulated. Just have to get the Ramset out then glue the foam boards down.
08cb8c6d8ad558a7a25d6c523ac7afe5.jpg

runout1961

Silver Member
Making progress. I need every bit of space I can get down here. Underneath the stairs used to be small storage closet. When we decided reinforcing the beam was no longer an option, the closet got the axe.

The four 2x4’s in the first pic needed to go so I can have a full cue on that end of the table. Those 2x4’s are only holding up the drywall on the “pony wall” or half wall upstairs as you walk up from the landing (bi-level home).

When the structural engineer was here looking at the beam/column situation, I asked him about the staircase. He said they were holding nothing up besides the half wall upstairs and they wouldn’t effect the staircase in any way but I had to beef it up with some more 2x material and bolt it all together with 9” lag bolts.

With the bathroom being half the size it was before and these 2x4’s out of the way, it’s really starting to feel like the room is opening up.
1192518d9b7b5feba25d0f6086d16e6d.jpg

9d141da9896aa80f7a1f4e12936680d6.jpg

runout1961

Silver Member
Today was without a doubt the most productive day we’ve had by far. We got a lot done. Couldn’t have done it without my lady and her dad. The biggest task accomplished today was installing the two new lally columns and taking out the old one in the middle of the room. The house is still standing so I guess we did it right.

So Many other things were accomplished today, I can’t even think of it all. I’ll just post the pics.

I’ve been down here for 16 hours today. Time to head to bed. Then off to the depot in the morning to rent a paint sprayer and get the ceiling done tomorrow. We should de installing drywall by Tuesday.

I’m tired.
0d55bbfe6bf207aae6ce475ccf6eb5d3.jpg

fbd821a7ee4a3f9019bcad7d4566ed4a.jpg

6e40f9c095a4325a0059d8e5c4e9796d.jpg

9204eaf8572c51050f261d5cfc14d93f.jpg

4fcbcf72f69cd3aed02004d10eb9c9a5.jpg

0b01622c9ad05a0a8558973a1bfc1ba7.jpg

de191475d4007a11789c93697d67c73c.jpg

651b4b6988eb36e4e6359dbf06918980.jpg

d6f555e9651a16bf3fb1e27e374dff9e.jpg

7445751fca430fb7f5e530f20f30e06d.jpg

8478ebdc17e4b1e526c0536aaa15ae6e.jpg

5a5ff0b19b10d0804c6be6fc7a8923da.jpg

c2770446c96fbce31c9dc76b6ff7e9df.jpg

3d59bff5e3c29247d8b0ed452161c7a1.jpg

4dd3fa5e67e9a58100c5fef4c06f8b18.jpg

e4d54bc8d6db5450d3ed0d4486c5668c.jpg

Last edited:

runout1961

Silver Member
We decided until we could afford a nice drop down ceiling, we would just spray the ceiling black. I’ll never do this again. Not sure how it’s going to look when it dries but we need to touch up quite a bit of spots. Ran out of paint with only a small section left to do.
e78845d2e8fed146f2c7c91303b804e0.jpg

runout1961

Silver Member
Paint dripped everywhere. I also forgot to put the purge tube into the feed bucket and lost at least a gallon and a half of paint on the floor in the matter of seconds. Good thing we still had a lot of dirt leftover from digging out the footers. Took out all that dirt just to put it back in.

I’m calling it quits for the weekend. Only 9 days left until Oscar from Pool Tables 911 is coming to install my gold crown. Tomorrow’s another day.
b4056fd1d1b189843781f44f0c245fa1.jpg

f6b0f11ee5556b9d0af591e97677eafe.jpg

ea450555727db43c4cb79a205c2ae803.jpg

runout1961

Silver Member
Just left Lowe’s for the millionth time after work. Figured I’d start with 20 sheets of drywall and see how far that gets me. Have some batt insulation in the cab of my truck as well. Will probably need more but I’m trying not to over purchase anything. Headed home to get things done.
a1d3f9a4e80553579fbdd61f0ce1c083.jpg

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
You're killing it man! Once the rock goes up, you really get to start seeing it come together. Our stories are so similar with the better half and FIL helping and all! Once the rock goes up, you're on the downhill side!! We hung our rock but I subbed out mudding and finishing it because of the vaulted ceiling. Infact, mudding, concrete slab, and spray foam insulation are the only things I did not do myself. Anyway, keep up the good work, I'm pulling for ya!

ramw5p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sheet rock...I like the puzzle part..the rest sucks, and it makes the room seem suddenly small! AWSOME work!!!

runout1961

Silver Member
You're killing it man! Once the rock goes up, you really get to start seeing it come together. Our stories are so similar with the better half and FIL helping and all! Once the rock goes up, you're on the downhill side!! We hung our rock but I subbed out mudding and finishing it because of the vaulted ceiling. Infact, mudding, concrete slab, and spray foam insulation are the only things I did not do myself. Anyway, keep up the good work, I'm pulling for ya!

I appreciate it man thank you. Your room is incredible. I hope mine comes out half as good.

sheet rock...I like the puzzle part..the rest sucks, and it makes the room seem suddenly small! AWSOME work!!!

Thank you! We’re trying. Doing what we can. The goal is to at least get the room ready enough for the table to be installed next Tuesday. We’ll see what happens.