My new favorite player ! !!! BAD ASS.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always liked him but after riding this I have much respect for this guy! ( waiting to hear from a couple poster how can we idolize guys like this....... ?) Well I sont, but I do respect him and that's real stuff not fantasy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-15-19-48-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-15-19-48-53.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 2,140

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What did you see in that post that was worth idolizing him for? :confused:

Once more, not idolize but rather respect. I understand you and some others may not understand that, but some will. IF for nothing else how about someone who had a hard life, made some mistakes , and was able to pay for their mistakes and then able to immediately turn their life around for the better in a major way. Can anyone here say that's a bad thing or not the right thing to do??? But for real, Meke kind da did it for me lol! ��

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We can all spot a champion and Rodney certainly is a player that will clean the table. Great stroke, sharp eye and capable of executing the most delicate safe. I've heard Scott Frost say that Rodney is a sure bet in a money 9 ball game.

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We can all spot a champion and Rodney certainly is a player that will clean the table. Great stroke, sharp eye and capable of executing the most delicate safe. I've heard Scott Frost say that Rodney is a sure bet in a money 9 ball game.

Not when he gave Bartrum a ball playing 9 ball. He got ran over. Js

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool player's auto biography........
I played everybody and robbed them all.......check
I beat the shit out of the toughest SOB in the place........check
I am super genius smart...........check
I went to jail.........check

the only thing missing is the "I bedded every model / starlet and broke their hearts"

Heard it all before...from every pool player ever

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think idolize is an accurate description of the OP's post. BUT I will say that I'd hang out with Rodney for a month just for the fun of it! If you have not had the opportunity I feel sad for you, your missing out on what pool is truly about!!! That's all I got to say about that!

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool player's auto biography........
I played everybody and robbed them all.......check
I beat the shit out of the toughest SOB in the place........check
I am super genius smart...........check
I went to jail.........check

the only thing missing is the "I bedded every model / starlet and broke their hearts"

Heard it all before...from every pool player ever

Sarcasm---really???

Rodney is a very special guy. Has no need to build himself up as he is loose and confident. Great sense of humor and a fair man. Have seen him win at Hard Times and match up in the other guys room under unfavorable conditions just to give the guy a chance to get his money back..

Johnny Ozone you have been smoking too much Wacky Tobacky to reach the Ozone.

Rodney is many cuts above the pros you seem to know. Not too many guys give Chris a ball.

Good luck in your next match uo.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sarcasm---really???

Rodney is a very special guy. Has no need to build himself up as he is loose and confident. Great sense of humor and a fair man. Have seen him win at Hard Times and match up in the other guys room under unfavorable conditions just to give the guy a chance to get his money back..

Johnny Ozone you have been smoking too much Wacky Tobacky to reach the Ozone.

Rodney is many cuts above the pros you seem to know. Not too many guys give Chris a ball.

Good luck in your next match uo.

I can't believe it took this long for someone to take me to task - as it was certainly deserved in Rodney's case (but not pool players in general)

Yes, I was trolling a bit there, and I think Rodney is a great guy and great player, but you have to admit that these players' stories all tend to sound the same - especially when THEY tell it!

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I can't believe it took this long for someone to take me to task - as it was certainly deserved in Rodney's case (but not pool players in general)

Yes, I was trolling a bit there, and I think Rodney is a great guy and great player, but you have to admit that these players' stories all tend to sound the same - especially when THEY tell it!

You make a valid point, far as I'm concerned. I watched him take down the local PNW players at a tournament held in the now gone Q street billiards in Springfield, OR back in the day. Might have been right after he got out because none of the locals knew him...they freaking out after he beat Rafael Martiniz.

Best player I'd ever seen up to that time.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what makes you guys feel compelled to
run down a guy who was asked to fill out a form and did so

why don't you guys fill out your resume for all to knock

if rodney reads this,please have akimoto contact me

i haven't talked with him in years

dean

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember Hawaiian Brian bringing Rodney to Tony Cattucci's pool room in Toms River N.J. around the late 80's.
They were there for a couple weeks from Hawaii to get Rodney seasoned a bit playing tough players and where better to do it then N.J.
It was mid winter and they were always cold.
Brian and Tony were old friends.
He was not the player he is today but pretty darn good.
You could see that he was well on his way to becoming a top player.
He had a South West cue with half the ferrule missing.
Big chunk out of the side.
I was doing tips and ferrules at the time and i replaced it for him.
He was a nice kid.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember Hawaiian Brian bringing Rodney to Tony Cattucci's pool room in Toms River N.J. around the late 80's.
They were there for a couple weeks from Hawaii to get Rodney seasoned a bit playing tough players and where better to do it then N.J.
It was mid winter and they were always cold.
Brian and Tony were old friends.
He was not the player he is today but pretty darn good.
You could see that he was well on his way to becoming a top player.
He had a South West cue with half the ferrule missing.
Big chunk out of the side.
I was doing tips and ferrules at the time and i replaced it for him.
He was a nice kid.

Was he wearing an 8 Ball Jacket at the time? I think that was closer to 92 or so.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Rocket's Science is a quality instructional DVD.
Rodney was always very nice at various tournaments when I spoke to him.