My new r-6

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got this cue from a friend....This will be my playing cue for a while as tribute to our friend Scott Soroko who passed away few months ago...we missed you man :(

sorry for a crappy pix..ill take more pictures soon.

IMG009081.jpg

r6.jpg

IMG009071.jpg

r62.jpg

More Pics:

DSCN3718.jpg

DSCN3719.jpg

Last edited:

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you all guys for the nice comment on the cue..however, today i traded the cue again with the same model R6 but its has new look..its Rosewood R6...new pics....

rwhole3.jpg

rwhole2.jpg

Copyof3.jpg

Last edited:

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I head to the pool hall, I take my R6 and my Runde. 9 times out of ten, I use the R6. I just wish I had a matching shaft. My shafts are brown phenolic from 1980/1 according to Runde. Play amazing, but look a little funny. Great looking cue. The dots on both sides of the logo is new to me.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Jun, I love the old Runde Schon cues with the sharp veneered points. I could have bought all I wanted back when they were new, but I didn't realize how hard they were going to be to find down the road in good shape. I remember going to the "Rack M Up Classic" 9 ball tournament in Columbia, SC and a dealer had a table full of Runde Schon cues for great prices and I just looked and walked off.

I had a fancy model Runde Schon model SP-12 that I bought used and it needed a refinish. I sent the cue to Schon for the refinish and bought 2 new Schon shafts for $55 each! How time has changed things, but of course you could get a 4 point Szamboti back then for $500 so maybe the Schon deal wasn't that great after all!!!!!

Nice cue my friend and I know that you will enjoy it.

I'd still like to take that Mottey off your hands if I could come up with the cash.

James

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jun, I love the old Runde Schon cues with the sharp veneered points. I could have bought all I wanted back when they were new, but I didn't realize how hard they were going to be to find down the road in good shape. I remember going to the "Rack M Up Classic" 9 ball tournament in Columbia, SC and a dealer had a table full of Runde Schon cues for great prices and I just looked and walked off.

I had a fancy model Runde Schon model SP-12 that I bought used and it needed a refinish. I sent the cue to Schon for the refinish and bought 2 new Schon shafts for $55 each! How time has changed things, but of course you could get a 4 point Szamboti back then for $500 so maybe the Schon deal wasn't that great after all!!!!!

Nice cue my friend and I know that you will enjoy it.

I'd still like to take that Mottey off your hands if I could come up with the cash.

James

James,

thank you for a very nice comment on the cue...the reason i bought this cue because a friend of ours Scott Soroko passed away couple of months ago. He wanted to help our Junior to be qualified without any entree fee...so when he passed away his parents donated all of his collections and Dbcustomcues aka Don Bross is helping to sell his cues ....so i grabbed this cue to honour him and as well to use as one of my playing cue...its hits very nice...I used to own a schon cues and it hits almost similar to my old schon which i shouldn't have sold it before...I will keep this R-6 for a very long time...

Thank you again guys for the kind words :).

James: let me know about the mottey maybe we can come up for something in the future..hope to see you next year at VF :)...your mottey is one of favourite design ever the 8 points mottey :)

jun

King

King Custom Cue Cases
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice cue Jun, That was my next pic. I picked up Scott,s TS, will post pics one day.
Al.:smile: