My Rhino experience

Grimper

Unable to find a Cynergy 12.5 radial pin anywhere on the face of the earth, I bit the bullet and bought a Rhino shaft. Thought I'd share my thoughts.

Purchased directly from the Rhino web site; ordered on 1/31, delivered on 2/6.

The shaft was packaged well.

R-1.jpeg
R-3.jpeg

8 Layered High-Performance F1 Crystal Cue Tip. Some people said they got an extra tip with theirs, but I didn't.

r-4.jpeg

It fit my Predator P3 butt like a glove.

R-5.jpeg

Wiped down with an alcohol cloth. Damn! Definitely do this the first thing.

R-6.jpeg

After playing with it for an hour or so, I must say I'm impressed for an under-$200 CF shaft. I'd highly recommend it. I think it hits more like a Cuetec Cynergy than it does a Predator Revo.

Attachments

• R-2.jpeg
    R-2.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got talked into it by all the enablers here. Ordered last Friday, and supposed to be here Thursday. We’ll see if it lives up to the hype. Pretty inexpensive experiment, all things considered.

tomuch23

I put a how tip on as soon as I got it and the shaft feels absolutely perfect. It was also pretty dirty, taking 2 wipes to clean it all off. No issues though, it's my go to shaft now. Never played a 30" shaft but it's turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
thats great to know because i plan to get one for the p3 im buying since it has no revo with it

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
also good to know there are legit p3`s with radial since the one im buying is also radial when all the p3`s ive seen have been unilock

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks. Still got the packaging so I'll go look for it.
My first one was in the box. My second one was in the tube. Both times, I missed them and fortunately didn’t throw them away.

Grimper

also good to know there are legit p3`s with radial since the one im buying is also radial when all the p3`s ive seen have been unilock
Yes. These days there are very few Predator cues with the radial pin available. This is the reason I bought my p3 from them - after having two unilocs lock up on me, I said "no more" and sold all of them.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I received my Komet break cue in January. No extra tip but it came with a weight kit.
Weird that it came with a super soft black layered tip that needed to be replaced asap for any break to have some power in it.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I received my Komet break cue in January. No extra tip but it came with a weight kit.
Weird that it came with a super soft black layered tip that needed to be replaced asap for any break to have some power in it.
Yep, my Rhino break shaft came with that same soft tip for whatever reason, but came with a free gift of their komet break tip???? I put on a zento tip from my archives and now it hits a ton or whatever the parlance is.

dendweller

Unable to find a Cynergy 12.5 radial pin anywhere on the face of the earth, I bit the bullet and bought a Rhino shaft. Thought I'd share my thoughts.

Purchased directly from the Rhino web site; ordered on 1/31, delivered on 2/6.

The shaft was packaged well.

View attachment 741864View attachment 741866

8 Layered High-Performance F1 Crystal Cue Tip. Some people said they got an extra tip with theirs, but I didn't.

View attachment 741867

It fit my Predator P3 butt like a glove.

View attachment 741868

Wiped down with an alcohol cloth. Damn! Definitely do this the first thing.

View attachment 741869

After playing with it for an hour or so, I must say I'm impressed for an under-$200 CF shaft. I'd highly recommend it. I think it hits more like a Cuetec Cynergy than it does a Predator Revo.
Surprises me that part of there process isn't to take 10 minutes to clean it. If you can avoid breathing cf dust you are better off.

Grimper

The extra tip may have only been during a holiday sale. I'm not sure though.
Yea I've looked through all of my packaging. I didn't receive a second one. Which is ok, since this one is a bit too hard for me. Going to have another tip put on it soon.