DCC ACTION ROOM (26).jpg

Capture.JPG

17351273_417079815317764_9754985_n.jpg

17409922_417705121921900_835811843_n.jpg

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fantastic week of pool at the Inaugural Scotty Townsend Memorial!

Congrats to Billy Thorpe for winning the One Pocket, a very tough field he bested.

Congrats to Robocop Dennis Orcollo on a Huge win in the 9 ball and the 10 ball ring game, which netted him a HUGE payday!

Congrats Sky Woodward on a well played 9-ball week and final, played great, but just fell short at hill hill when Dennis got a good roll that allowed him to run out the last rack to win the match, but earned his title as he shot lights out the whole tournament.

Full write-up will be posted very soon... www.PoolActionTV.com

Here are the tournament results

One Pocket
1st - Billy Thorpe
2nd - Shane VanBoening
3rd - Evan Lunda
4th - Charlie Bryant

10 Ball Ring Game
1st - Dennis Orcollo
2nd - Warren Kiamco
3rd - Johann Gonzales Chua
4th - Joshua Roberts
5th/6th - Shane Mcminn / Roberto Gomez

Open 9 Ball
1st - Dennis Orcollo
2nd - Sky Woodward
3rd - Ramil Gallego
4th - Gary Abood
5th/6th - Daniel Mckenney / Johann Chua
7th/8th - Jeremy Jones / Jeffrey TheBull de Luna
9th - 12th - Roberto Gomez / Manny Perez / Clint Freeman / Robb Saez
13th - 16th - Shane McMinn / Barry Emerson / Anthony Kara Shea / Billy Thorpe
Last Lady Standing - Shauna Kirsch

17440392_417781591914253_143525358_n.jpg

This was one hell of Memorial in Scotty's honor check out these payouts over 200k total :shocked2:

17410176_417705348588544_1351236710_n.jpg

9 Ball payouts

17409922_417705121921900_835811843_n.jpg

17351273_417079815317764_9754985_n.jpg

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Louisiana knows how to run tournaments with big calcuttas! This and White Diamonds $$$.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scotty Townsend must be smiling from heaven. What a great tribute to his memory having this memorial event!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wonder who bought Dennis in the 9-Ball Calcutta? He cleared 22K. I'm guessing he threw Dennis 2K for winning.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Wonder who bought Dennis in the 9-Ball Calcutta? He cleared 22K. I'm guessing he threw Dennis 2K for winning.

Dennis seems to be in full stride right now. When they were between matches in the 1P he was matching up with Mike Delawder, short rack banks, and looked like he was having a blast. For at least 15 minutes, every time he made a bank, he would yell "steeeeling".....steeeliing......I'm steeeling.....Then he watched Mike make 3 in a row, and he turns to someone and yells "He's steeeeling Me..!"

He's just like Alex when he gets a little goofy.

And those Shoes:eek: I had to put on sunglasses....lol.

GreenFeltguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Orcullo best pool since younger Efren

Dennis Orcullo is playing the very best pool since a younger Efren Reyes and those trying to beat him at any game will not be successful, he is clearly the best in several years. Glad for him he gives up amazing games and stays in action like no one in pool history.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Another thing I noticed in the finals match of this event, Dennis and Sky were the most relaxed two players in a finals match I have ever watched.

It was a GREAT BATTLE but the final game was a little disappointing in that Dennis won the last game if the hill-hill match on a fluke. Other than that these two guys played some fast and quality pool on the Diamond Bar Box.

JoeyA

Dennis Orcullo is playing the very best pool since a younger Efren Reyes and those trying to beat him at any game will not be successful, he is clearly the best in several years. Glad for him he gives up amazing games and stays in action like no one in pool history.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great write up from Jason (Helpdesk) Walton of PoolActionTV

Inaugural Scotty Townsend Memorial A Huge Success!!!

The Event kicked off March 13th with the $5k added One Pocket Divsion, sporting a $1k Entry Fee. The field was limited to 16 players. After five long days, it came down to young gun Billy Thorpe vs. the South Dakota Kid in the Final, which was a race to 6. Billy ended up prevailing over Shane Van Boening with a score of 6-4.

Congratulations to young gun Billy Thorpe for his outstanding playing in the 1 Pocket division! Excellent job Billy, great finish for Shane getting 2nd as well. Third place was earned by Evan Lunda with some fantastic shooting and Hillbilly Charlie Bryant secured a respectable fourth place, great playing guys.

The 10-Ball Ring Game began the evening of March 17, $100 entry with $500 added and limited to 32 players. Congratulations are in order to Robocop Dennis Orcollo for winning the 10-Ball Ring Game with a close second place by The Warrior Warren Kiamco. Third place went to fellow countrymen Johann Chua and fourth scored by The Beast Josh Roberts. Fifth/Sixth went to Shane Mcminn and Superman Roberto Gomez, Nice score players.

The Open 9-Ball began Saturday March 18 with a $75 entry fee and was $5k added also. Congratulations are in order again to Robocop Dennis Orcollo on another victory, a Huge win in the 9 ball, which netted him a HUGE payday!

Congrats also to Sky Woodward on a well played 9-ball week and final, played great, but just fell short at hill hill when Dennis got a good roll that allowed him to run out the last rack to win the match, but earned his title as he shot lights out the whole tournament and finished with a little victory dance. Amazing third place finish by Ramil Gallego and a great finish for Gary Abood scoring fourth place. Special mention for the Last Lady Standing, Shauna Kirsh, great job everyone!

The entire event was an amazing success, with a record breaking payout total of $202,000. Huge calcutta's and spectacular Rosters made for one incredible experience. I'm Sure Scotty would have been very proud!

PoolActionTV.com would like to thank Josh Hoff & Trey Funderburg, Owners of Arena Billiards Bar & Grill, for doing an amazing job hosting this event. We would also like to thank Tournament Director Jeff Sullivan and his impressive assistant Ileana Ford for their incredible effort and support in making this a smoothly run event.

We'd also like to thanks the Vendors for displaying their products – Charlie and Heather Bryant of BryantBilliards.com, John Barton of JBCases.com, Steve Wells of Action 24/7 and Joe Salazar Connoisseur of Custom Cues.

Special thanks to our Sponsors – Hanshew Custom cues, JB Cases, Steve Wells of Action 24/7, Schick Custom Cues, BryantBilliards.com, Tracy Whitney of HighPockets, Aramith, Simonis Cloth, Lomax Custom Cues, It's George Cases, Kamui Tips, Goplaypool.com, and Club Billiards of Wichita, KS.

Our next stop will be the Dixieland Classic in Spartanburg, SC at Cue Time Sports Bar & Grill March 23-26th. See you all then!

www.PoolActionTV.com

Here are the tournament results

One Pocket
1st - Billy Thorpe
2nd - Shane VanBoening
3rd - Evan Lunda
4th - Charlie Bryant

10 Ball Ring Game
1st - Dennis Orcollo
2nd - Warren Kiamco
3rd - Johann Gonzales Chua
4th - Joshua Roberts
5th/6th - Shane Mcminn / Roberto Gomez

Open 9 Ball
1st - Dennis Orcollo
2nd - Sky Woodward
3rd - Ramil Gallego
4th - Gary Abood
5th/6th - Daniel Mckenney / Johann Chua
7th/8th - Jeremy Jones / Jeffrey TheBull de Luna
9th - 12th - Roberto Gomez / Manny Perez / Clint Freeman / Robb Saez
13th - 16th - Shane McMinn / Barry Emerson / Anthony Kara Shea / Billy Thorpe
Last Lady Standing - Shauna Kirsch

Last edited:

JoeyA

Silver Member
Even though I won only 1 match, I would go back to Arena Billiards and another Scotty Townsend Memorial Tournament.

I saw people who I had never met before and saw people who I hadn't seen in over two decades.

The formula for this event should be patented and reproduced.

Jeff Sullivan & Illeana worked tirelessly managing an enormous group of players, stakehorses and spectators.

The owners brought in extra staff to service the large crowd with good food and LOTS OF DRINKS.

PoolActionTv.com had a slew of commentators sitting in the booth for variety.

Vendors were stocked with large inventory of various products. Even JB Cases had a monster display of his bench mark quality cue cases.

But it was the players that I was most impressed with from young guns like Billy Thrope & Sky Woodward to seasoned veterans like the visiting Filipino enclave and the many friends that Scotty had made over the years. There was action EVERYWHERE. The bar tables had action, the 9 footers had action and I wouldn't have been surprised to find people making bets on the sports of the many tv monitors around the building.

I had a very short time to catch up with some of my buddies from the pool world who I haven't seen in quite some time and truly wish I had gone another day earlier to spend time with them.

If any of you guys or girls are looking for a pool coach or mental coach, I can recommend Tom Mooney from Austin, Texas who ALSO plays a mean game of pool.

I hope that PoolActionTV will bring some of their promotional secrets to Buffalo's on Bloomfield in New Orleans for the BIG OPENING EVENT MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. It would be a great weekend to celebrate my birthday and that of Ray Hansen.

Anyway, thanks to all who supported The Scotty Townsend Memorial event. I hope it becomes an annual affair.

Best regards,
JoeyA

Reactions: JAM

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I hope that PoolActionTV will bring some of their promotional secrets to Buffalo's on Bloomfield in New Orleans for the BIG OPENING EVENT MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. It would be a great weekend to celebrate my birthday and that of Ray Hansen.

I cant wait for the Buffalo's big Professional One Pocket event on May 25-28th it's a 2k entry 16 player field of the worlds best One Pocket players including the GREAT Efren Reyes :)

The Magician has been 100% confirmed for the event :thumbup:

It's going to be a great way for Buffalo to kick off the Grand Opening of his new building always a great time to be had in the Big Easy.

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even though I won only 1 match, I would go back to Arena Billiards and another Scotty Townsend Memorial Tournament.

I saw people who I had never met before and saw people who I hadn't seen in over two decades.

The formula for this event should be patented and reproduced.

Jeff Sullivan & Illeana worked tirelessly managing an enormous group of players, stakehorses and spectators.

The owners brought in extra staff to service the large crowd with good food and LOTS OF DRINKS.

PoolActionTv.com had a slew of commentators sitting in the booth for variety.

Vendors were stocked with large inventory of various products. Even JB Cases had a monster display of his bench mark quality cue cases.

But it was the players that I was most impressed with from young guns like Billy Thrope & Sky Woodward to seasoned veterans like the visiting Filipino enclave and the many friends that Scotty had made over the years. There was action EVERYWHERE. The bar tables had action, the 9 footers had action and I wouldn't have been surprised to find people making bets on the sports of the many tv monitors around the building.

I had a very short time to catch up with some of my buddies from the pool world who I haven't seen in quite some time and truly wish I had gone another day earlier to spend time with them.

If any of you guys or girls are looking for a pool coach or mental coach, I can recommend Tom Mooney from Austin, Texas who ALSO plays a mean game of pool.

Anyway, thanks to all who supported The Scotty Townsend Memorial event. I hope it becomes an annual affair.

Best regards,
JoeyA

Thanks for the great write-up and trip report, Joey.

I would be interested to know if the pool room owner made a profit and how he felt about hosting this event. Sometimes it works in the pool room owner's favor, and others times, it's a bust. I would like to think this event put some dough in his pockets with such a great turnout.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Thanks for the great write-up and trip report, Joey.

I would be interested to know if the pool room owner made a profit and how he felt about hosting this event. Sometimes it works in the pool room owner's favor, and others times, it's a bust. I would like to think this event put some dough in his pockets with such a great turnout.

I didn't have a chance to talk with the owners since they were so busy handling the large crowd BUT I did speak to the Best Western Hotel owner and he said he would do it again in a heart beat.

The BW Hotel owner did say that hotel guests need to make reservations EARLY to avoid last minute snafus. The hotel had a block of rooms for the exclusive use of pool tournament attendees but when they filled up that block and the rest of the hotel, a couple of the hotel guests were demanding that they provide additional rooms which of course, they didn't have.

The BW hotel owner visited the tournament with friends and was amazed at the crowd and the contestants. He said he is building a brand new hotel 1 mile away and hoped that Arena Billiards will favor him in the future with their business.

From the bustle that was going on all day and all night, I am pretty sure this event was an amazing success for Arena billiards owners. The bar looked packed every night. Food was sailing throughout the pool room until the wee hours of the morning when they shut the kitchen down.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
I think those eye-blinding shoes were from Angry White Man if I am not mistaken.

JoeyA

Dennis seems to be in full stride right now. When they were between matches in the 1P he was matching up with Mike Delawder, short rack banks, and looked like he was having a blast. For at least 15 minutes, every time he made a bank, he would yell "steeeeling".....steeeliing......I'm steeeling.....Then he watched Mike make 3 in a row, and he turns to someone and yells "He's steeeeling Me..!"

He's just like Alex when he gets a little goofy.

And those Shoes:eek: I had to put on sunglasses....lol.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think those eye-blinding shoes were from Angry White Man if I am not mistaken.

JoeyA

Dennis was calling them his Magic shoes :rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Attachments

• 17425032_659410390912507_2102274529585820107_n.jpg
    17425032_659410390912507_2102274529585820107_n.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 550

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Legend Continues

Inaugural event total payout was over 200k :eek:

19055740_10210515866442929_4606134437592965395_o.jpg