My sons 8th bday is coming, need gift ideas

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get him a Tennis Racket or a Piano, both will introduce him to some nice people.

Actually I may look into your break rack system. Just cant do it at this moment. pretty tapped out now between xmas, bdays for both sons, a recent vacation, and the list goes on and on including vehicle purchases.

I may be in contact with you in the future.

jack 195

Banned
#1. Full color, custom printed, high definition graphic design, billiard theme T-shirt.
#2. Large assortment, Dennis Searing's precision cue tips.
#3. Big box Russian Magic Chalk.
All 3 items in one nice package, sure to rock him!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope the boy takes up baseball,soccer or even better
studies

either of these tre better activities for children

pool in the house is a fun game

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His studies is beyond my expectations, both him and his brother are a full grade ahead and always first to receive the major school awards. They tried soccer and didn't care much for it.... they do other seasonal things like swimming and such but playing pool is where its at for them.

Of course when we are not practicing, they are typical kids riding their bicycles, playing hot wheels, ipads and electronics with limits.... wrestling, the usual stuff.

It's just that when I say im going to play pool..... its like flipping a light switch. Jin instantly grabs his pool playing clothes and shoes, grabs his cue/case and his whole mentality shifts gears.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was 8 I was just happy to have a roof over my head. A birthday Cake was a plus.
You'd be surprised how little a 8 year old wants. Just be a good father as I'm sure you are.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was 8 I was just happy to have a roof over my head. A birthday Cake was a plus.
You'd be surprised how little a 8 year old wants. Just be a good father as I'm sure you are.

Ive had one cake growing up with a party. Times were definitely there with no roof on my head. Something I never want my kids to ever experience.

I do my best....as long as they do what is right, school, manners, respect, etc, I will provide what I am able to as their father.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure you do. I never had a birthday party. A cake once or twice. My Father worked 10 hours 6 days a week to put bread on the table.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for that recommendation! Jin has tried one telescoping bridge that came completely apart within the first 45 days.... I then went to another that works awesome but the bridge head itself is metal and we are hesitant to use his custom cue with it.

This may be what he needs as he uses the bridge constantly due to his young age/height.

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have used bridges all my Pool Playing life (60 years) & never hurt a single cue. I will say, it doesn't hurt to inspect the bridge before use.

jack 195

Banned
#1. Full color, custom printed, high definition graphic design, billiard theme T-shirt.
#2. Large assortment, Dennis Searing's precision cue tips.
#3. Big box Russian Magic Chalk.
All 3 items in one nice package, sure to rock him!
Plus... #4. 1 set (full compliment) Picone delrin custom joint protectors.
now, that's a package!

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Three cushion lessons . He,s to little to jump and most (players) today cant kick for ****. When he,s taller he can jump but doing both is an must. Keep him away from those thieves that say he needs to gamble.Talk to guys like Stan Shuffit ,Landon in college and plays pretty dang good with character. Tor Lowry is another great teacher. learn the game if you love it you can have fun just playing. If you teach him to just try his best not his coach or for you just look in the mirror and be able to say i tried my best he will be happy. And thats all there is.Its a game.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy him a gun

Maybe buy him a quality bolt action .22 rifle and get him some good fire arms training.

I started my kids and grandkids out shooting at his age with that type of fire arm.

They are cheap to shoot and one can learn much from a good .22. So far I have not met a young person that did not enjoy shooting if they were taught correctly at a young age. Good eye and ear protection should accompany a fire arm gift.

One of my grandsons has taken up trap and skeet shooting and is so good at it his coach expects him to win state and is telling him about colleges that give full ride scholarships to good shooters. I am not aware of any school doing that for pool.

A good shooter is disciplined and has good hand eye coordination. Like pool, being good a shooting can give one a sense of worth, accomplishment and motivation.

All of that is more important then ever in this age of the digital world where many young people think sitting and playing with buttons is life's biggest reward.

Pool great SVB has a hobby, he likes to go ice fishing, it seems important to him and I believe it is a good outlet and provides some thing pool can not. Doing that probably keeps him focused and in the right mind set for competing against the best the world has in pool.

Any way, I encourage you to think about that. A life time membership with the NRA is a good gift. They are a great organization made up of patriotic decent Americans, in spite of the negative propaganda and fake news the liberals constantly dump on them.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was at Felt yesterday.
Jins party was attended by quite a few people.
I did not join in but was given a slice of Pizza and a coke over the rail by his dad. Score :thumbup:
I did give him something for his Birthday dispelling all rumors that i'm a tight old SOB.:eek:

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was great seeing you there as always.....

Jin is always surrounded by good people at felt.... Even the bar gave him a gift card and kamui chalk. He had such a great time yesterday, we were there form 1pm until 1030pm. Cant wait for him to receive his GCastillo nylon butterfly case and his ultimate team gear shirt that says "Train until your idols become your rivals".

Thanks for all the support on this forum, even random gifts sent to him at times. Tons of good ideas for his bday.

Attachments

• 20171230_125900-25.jpg
    20171230_125900-25.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Rival_Red_3_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    Rival_Red_3_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 49