My sons 8th bday is coming, need gift ideas

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Many have mentioned some good and interesting things.

He has an iPhone and iPad pro, along with most newer game systems.

For billiards, he has an engraved purple rack from delta-13. Table does have cover..Has 3 different bridge setups since he uses them all the time due to height being 7. Break and jump cue will come in time from Pechauer.

He has had a pocket bike, polaris predator 4 wheeler, yamaha ttr50 and a ktm50, at the age of 3 as I been a sponsored rider/coach since 2008. He has more gear than I do haha. He also has been exposed to firearms as I'm a former grunt in the Marine Corps. He shares my AR .22 but will eventually move onto my other ARs; 9mm, and other custom builds I have.

Just made a purchase for a Gil Castillo nylon butterfly case for Jin in a 4x8 configuration but won't be here until end of January.

That sounds like an amazing birthday for an 8 year old.
I'm sure he has a cool BMX Bicycle.

Nice case purchase too.
Haven't tried it yet but I picked up a 6x12 Castillo, to take cues around to show off

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I second the Go-Pro idea for training and the videos will make a cool family archive years from now.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a go pro 4 with a gyrocam setup, just need to find it haha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk1okAUQMGo

What is a mini cue?

Golf would be great, unfortunately I don't know anything past a mini golf course and Im still terrible at that. He tried soccer and it wasn't his thing, he kept wanting to just goto the pool hall.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope he makes it big someday, I really do. I’m going the other way, encouraging my children to do something else. I personally think pool is a dead end. Enough negativity from me.

As far as pool related gifts, how about his very own azbilliards account?

Maryjane and jaegermiester.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have a go pro 4 with a gyrocam setup, just need to find it haha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk1okAUQMGo

What is a mini cue?

Golf would be great, unfortunately I don't know anything past a mini golf course and Im still terrible at that. He tried soccer and it wasn't his thing, he kept wanting to just goto the pool hall.

Sorry, I thought we met a few weeks ago in Felt Billiards. There was a tourney going on and I showed quite a few folks miniature pool cues that I make. I thought you were there.

Anyway lots of good suggestions posted here and I hope you find a great gift!

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, I thought we met a few weeks ago in Felt Billiards. There was a tourney going on and I showed quite a few folks miniature pool cues that I make. I thought you were there.

Anyway lots of good suggestions posted here and I hope you find a great gift!

Ah actually yes we did. Sorry I recently got back from vacation so I'm trying to get back into things after almost a month.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
heres a pic of me and Jin.
notice the great stance and form.
the kid looks good too!
I call this photo "In with the new and out with the old"

this is Felt billiards ,Englewood,Colorado.
nice place.

Attachments

• me & Jin.jpg
    me & Jin.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
the kid looks good too!

nice place.

Nice pic Bruce
Need to move back south so I can put a couple more one-packs on you

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
the kid looks good too!

nice place.

I can just see him ten years from now, putting heat on Billy Thorpe. :)

Bad Luck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On top of whatever else you give him, give him a big hug & a kiss on the noggin. That's what I do with my 19 year old [who has been playing pool since age 6].

Jin is one lucky kid to have a good Dad like you!

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone.... deanoc.... your package arrived today, thank you for that!!

Skyscraperchris, are kids sizing available? Jin won't fit into a small in adult size haha.

fast&loose designs

Chris Santana
Silver Member
Not on the site, but I can definitely get you a kids size. If you're interested PM me what design you like and I can get you a price real quick!

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, we opened the first couple of presents for him tonight.... The rest will be tomorrow and then Sat at Felt Bar for his bday party..... with a few straggling presents coming at end of January hopefully.

Late presents will be..... couple of toys collectibles from overseas from my best friend in California and a Gil Castillo butterfly case from me.....

the box from Deanoc on here contained a few combat figurines, comic books (he got really excited about that), couple of western DVD's and even a few packages of PEZ..... What kid doesn't jump up and down over PEZ.

Jin also received an awesome XMas card from Kimmo in Finland.... Kimmo, thank you for that.

Attachments

• 20171227_180926-30.jpg
    20171227_180926-30.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 20171227_181250-30.jpg
    20171227_181250-30.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 20171218_185004-30.jpg
    20171218_185004-30.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20171218_185113-30.jpg
    20171218_185113-30.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 80

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about a brother and some fishing tackle so he can get outside and have some fun. Plus when those tough times hit and he goes bust you’ll know he can always feed himself.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
An Accu-Stats Special
“Any 10 Sale For $100.00”

Pick out “Any 10” Accu-Stats produced DVD’s from our extensive library and pay only $100.00 plus shipping.

http://accu-stats.com/

A lot of great players did their studies with Accu-Stats Videos !!! :yeah:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get him a Tennis Racket or a Piano, both will introduce him to some nice people.