My thoughts on some rules to fix pool.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So everyone has there ideas on how to fix pool. But here is some of mine. Safety's have to go. I get so bored seeing a safety battle between pros and such so they need to go. Every shot you need to make a ball or attempt to make a ball. Ball in hand has to go. The rule should be if a foul occurs you play the ball where it lies. Slop needs to count in all games. This one is more for the amateurs to get them more interested in the game.

Also of course all tables need to be 9 foot and leagues need to be in house at pool halls. All leagues need to be able to take cards no more cash only.

Thoughts?

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
jiFfM.jpg

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So everyone has there ideas on how to fix pool. But here is some of mine. Safety's have to go. I get so bored seeing a safety battle between pros and such so they need to go. Every shot you need to make a ball or attempt to make a ball. Ball in hand has to go. The rule should be if a foul occurs you play the ball where it lies. Slop needs to count in all games. This one is more for the amateurs to get them more interested in the game.

Also of course all tables need to be 9 foot and leagues need to be in house at pool halls. All leagues need to be able to take cards no more cash only.

Thoughts?
I am going to go with:: No.

Safety's are good for the game.
Ball in hand is good for the game.
Slop is NOT good for the game.
The only rule change I might agree with is that not all fouls should result in BiH. But categorizing fouls in BiH versus nonBiH is beyond my pay grade.

Rules can be relaxed for amateurs as they come to grips with the game, but not afterwards.

Smutzc

Thoughts?
Sounds like you should be a Friday night bar player, and enjoy beating up on the drunks.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sounds like you should be a Friday night bar player, and enjoy beating up on the drunks.

It will be a while before I go to a bar on Friday night. But I will see if anyone even plays pool at the bar. From what I remember hardly anyone does.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Thoughts?
Pool without defense already exists. It's called "playing the ghost" and it's so boring that I can't watch it. On the bright side, however, you don't need an opponent and after any miss you rack the balls and get to keep shooting.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool without defense already exists. It's called "playing the ghost" and it's so boring that I can't watch it. On the bright side, however, you don't need an opponent and after any miss you rack the balls and get to keep shooting.
so its not like my idea at all.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like straight pool every shot in pool should be called if there is a question which pocket the ball is being played in. Slop in pool is just that slop. Call shot would add some legitimacy to pool. All good players and the pros always acknowledge when they slop in a ball. On the pro level it is embarrassing to be able to continue shooting after a ball is slopped in. Safeties are essential to pool and a great safety battle is harder than shooting a ball in any pocket. Dress codes should be mandatory at the pro level for men & women...

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like straight pool every shot in pool should be called if there is a question which pocket the ball is being played in. Slop in pool is just that slop. Call shot would add some legitimacy to pool. All good players and the pros always acknowledge when they slop in a ball. On the pro level it is embarrassing to be able to continue shooting after a ball is slopped in. Safeties are essential to pool and a great safety battle is harder than shooting a ball in any pocket. Dress codes should be mandatory at the pro level for men & women...
Why dress codes? Do you want it to be like snooker? I actually just watched a video talking about how in snooker they should get ride of the dress code. Or at least change it.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Why dress codes? Do you want it to be like snooker? I actually just watched a video talking about how in snooker they should get ride of the dress code. Or at least change it.
I think there is a reasonable middle ground somewhere between snooker attire and cargo shorts. The instant overreaction every time a dress code comes up is reason # 6 why pool is fighting an uphill battle to become mainstream.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk