My Trip to ChrisinNC' Place

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a room owner and AZB regular, I feel a very unique connection to a fellow AZB regular who takes the time and make the effort to come visit our pool room, whether planned in advance or if they just happen to show up unannounced. Boone, NC is certainly not near any major interstate and someone certainly has to go out of their way to make the effort to come here.

Every encounter I’ve had with AZB regulars here over the years has always been very enjoyable, pleasant and respectful, and yesterday‘s visit from Black-balled was no exception.

Walter is certainly a strong enough player that when we agreed to play some, both not knowing how the other played, he could have tested my pride playing in my own room and asked whether I want to play for $, but he didn’t and I didn’t ask him either, thankfully. Regardless, speaking for myself and my guess is for him as well, we both have enough pride in our games and respect for the game, that we both still tried our best.

Walter’s 3-C skills certainly show, and he was generous enough to share a few helpful keys regarding 3 rail kick shots that I never knew. If any of you here ever has the chance to play some with Walter, you’d better pack your A game with you!
I've played pool with Walter.
Racks of 9 ball, 8 ball, and one pocket if I remember correctly.
He's a good man and plays a very advanced game.
At one time he was an open quality player although he would deny it.
He related a few tales to me about some very very good players we both know that he had battles with in the past.
Look forward to matching up again some time.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Part two currently baking.
Screenshot_20210314-134648.jpg

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played pool with Walter.
Racks of 9 ball, 8 ball, and one pocket if I remember correctly.
He's a good man and plays a very advanced game.
At one time he was an open quality player although he would deny it.
He related a few tales to me about some very very good players we both know that he had battles with in the past.
Look forward to matching up again some time.
I guess he saved me lots of money when he ducked me in DC😎 I’m still giving him a hard time over that🤣 I had to play Brandon instead😎

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess he saved me lots of money when he ducked me in DC😎 I’m still giving him a hard time over that🤣 I had to play Brandon instead😎
I recall you and i got on a table together and I was glad to run away as fast as possible.

My wife said I am one pocket thick and I am banned from anything less than 10-7!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about the rest of the weekend, ya say?

After leaving Chris' spot, drive to buddy's house and got there late and had to chug a few brews to get to sleep. Went to bed around 3 and got up at 7 for bike race. Not to be attempted by amateurs.

Got to the race with -1 minute to spare but the gang waited for me and friend to put funny pants on. We each had our own pants, for the record.

It was a very cool ride in a town in SC (rock hill?) and the group ride to trails, did a mini race, rode to other trails and did another mini race and repeated that for 5 stages in various areas around town. Fine times were had by many and there were many beers consumed- I only had 2 all day but my buddy had 10+. I did have whiskey before 10 am, if that counts.

So, points were awarded for the top finishers each stage and at the end of the day, I was 3rd overall. Entry was free and the prize was nothing! We did finish at a cool restaurant and I had a chicken and waffle sandwich that was awesome. I should have ordered 2 though.

The Tesla drive us home and that was bizarre. My buddy suggested I drive and I passed. Good thing too coz there was more passed too. After riding all day and 2 beers with dinner...I fell asleep like 3x on the way home and it was it a 50min drive.

Asleep by 11 and up at 9am.

Got up the next day and split to hit a tournament on the way home. I won that for a couple hundred+.

Had a good dinner in a restaurant solo after and missed my girls pretty bad, watching the other families. Hit the road and home by 11:30...with more money than I left with.

I95 was nuts. I was doing 80 in the r) lane and I was like a roadblock for the fools who couldn't possibly be bothered to pass on the left.
IMG_20210314_154001__01.jpg
Screenshot_20210315-092846.jpg
Screenshot_20210315-092917.jpg
Screenshot_20210315-092942.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This looks like Break Time Billiards in Cary, NC.
Truth. Super place and as nice as it was, the people made it great.

It was so nice to be around people who aren't DC people with shit attitudes that feel the need to make sure you are aware they are unhappy. Always bugged me as we interact for only a brief moment. I give as little a crap about you as you do about me!

You reap what you sow, you know? The break time people sold me on their spot and I'd be there all the time if it was near me.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recall you and i got on a table together and I was glad to run away as fast as possible.

My wife said I am one pocket thick and I am banned from anything less than 10-7!
Walter, you obviously don’t remember. Someone from NY came in and you played them 9 ball. We never got to play because after you ducked me, I played Brandon till 4am🤪
If I ever get back to DC we should go on a good bike ride

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Walter, you obviously don’t remember. Someone from NY came in and you played them 9 ball. We never got to play because after you ducked me, I played Brandon till 4am🤪
If I ever get back to DC we should go on a good bike ride
I was also happy to get out of that NY game too.

I've told the story here before, but I played that guy on a sub 4" pocket gold crown and pooped in a 9, ran a rack and he hung a couple late balls, allowing me to win a few in a row..and I promptly quit even!

I got a lot of vacation hours. Bring it on!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black Balled is a super hero. The dude hits two pool rooms, does a bike race which isn't easy, wins a pool tournament and is already home. Most mere mortals on here would do one of those things in a weekend and be content!

🦸‍♂️
Only my dogs think more of me.

And the first pool room was a 4 hr detour, plus playing time (well worth it).

Wife and daughters unimpressed!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black Balled is a super hero. The dude hits two pool rooms, does a bike race which isn't easy, wins a pool tournament and is already home. Most mere mortals on here would do one of those things in a weekend and be content!

🦸‍♂️
When he told me he was headed to a bike race in South Carolina, I asked him if he was a better biker or pool player? He said probably pool player, but it was close. Based on his calves (he was wearing shorts) I figured he had to be a competitive level biker as well!

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had I known when I was young and in shape that in bike racing it was acceptable to drink 10+ beers and cocktails (before 10am no less) I would have bigger calves now. Hell, that's why I took up fishing. You can pop a beer the moment the boat leaves the dock.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had I known when I was young and in shape that in bike racing it was acceptable to drink 10+ beers and cocktails (before 10am no less) I would have bigger calves now. Hell, that's why I took up fishing. You can pop a beer the moment the boat leaves the dock.
Hahaha. Many experiments involving intoxication have been made historically!

The ride I did had a party group who yelled and drank and jeered and cheered, and a race group that like I, only had a beer or 3 during the race.