My Trip to ChrisinNC' Place

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When he told me he was headed to a bike race in South Carolina, I asked him if he was a better biker or pool player? He said probably pool player, but it was close. Based on his calves (he was wearing shorts) I figured he had to be a competitive level biker as well!
There was a day I might have been fast, but it was long ago.

As they say:
The hacks think I am a pro and the pros think I am a hack.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hahaha. Many experiments involving intoxication have been made historically!

The ride I did had a party group who yelled and drank and jeered and cheered, and a race group that like I, only had a beer or 3 during the race.
Party group, who would’ve known.? One time we rode our bikes to downtown Dunedin to have a few beers. We thought we were being responsible since we didn’t drive. When we got pulled over on the way back because one of us didn’t have a light I almost got a dang dui. On a bike for Christ’s sake! But he lets us go thank god.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Party stop at a brewery...check out the upgraded Smart car. They call it Socartes.

other pic is where the party group paused for a race stage in the woods.
Screenshot_20210315-185804.jpg

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BB your my hero. Drinks a few, takes top 3 in a cycle race, then wins the tournament. With a good family to boot! You got it all my man.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
How about the rest of the weekend, ya say?

After leaving Chris' spot, drive to buddy's house and got there late and had to chug a few brews to get to sleep. Went to bed around 3 and got up at 7 for bike race. Not to be attempted by amateurs.

Got to the race with -1 minute to spare but the gang waited for me and friend to put funny pants on. We each had our own pants, for the record.

It was a very cool ride in a town in SC (rock hill?) and the group ride to trails, did a mini race, rode to other trails and did another mini race and repeated that for 5 stages in various areas around town. Fine times were had by many and there were many beers consumed- I only had 2 all day but my buddy had 10+. I did have whiskey before 10 am, if that counts.

So, points were awarded for the top finishers each stage and at the end of the day, I was 3rd overall. Entry was free and the prize was nothing! We did finish at a cool restaurant and I had a chicken and waffle sandwich that was awesome. I should have ordered 2 though.

The Tesla drive us home and that was bizarre. My buddy suggested I drive and I passed. Good thing too coz there was more passed too. After riding all day and 2 beers with dinner...I fell asleep like 3x on the way home and it was it a 50min drive.

Asleep by 11 and up at 9am.

Got up the next day and split to hit a tournament on the way home. I won that for a couple hundred+.

Had a good dinner in a restaurant solo after and missed my girls pretty bad, watching the other families. Hit the road and home by 11:30...with more money than I left with.

I95 was nuts. I was doing 80 in the r) lane and I was like a roadblock for the fools who couldn't possibly be bothered to pass on the left.View attachment 588692View attachment 588693View attachment 588694View attachment 588695

Some people have all the fun. Damn! I think Break Time was one of my good buddies Frank Tullos' place for many years. Correct me if I am wrong about that. Frank was a helluva player!

Tarheel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Different Break Time. Frank didn’t have anything to do with the Raleigh Break Time. He owned the ones in Winston-Salem, Greensboro and Wilmington. Eventually selling his ownership in them.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums