Mystery Willie Hoppe Cue Opinions

The Hulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stumbled upon this cue on the bay this morning and it kind of Intrigued me. From my limited knowledge on these type of cues it looks wrong & it appears to be some type of weird repro/resto/refinished-mod or possibly a copy. But on the other hand it still looks kind of nice and if it wasn’t for the fact that it’s from a seller with no feedback. I would probably through a half priced offer at it just because I think it’s kinda cool.

Anyways I just wanted to get some more knowledgeable opinions on what you guys thought? What’s the value on something like this? Thanks in advance.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335988529&icep_item=353354643146

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stumbled upon this cue on the bay this morning and it kind of Intrigued me. From my limited knowledge on these type of cues it looks wrong & it appears to be some type of weird repro/resto/refinished-mod or possibly a copy. But on the other hand it still looks kind of nice and if it wasn’t for the fact that it’s from a seller with no feedback. I would probably through a half priced offer at it just because I think it’s kinda cool.

Anyways I just wanted to get some more knowledgeable opinions on what you guys thought? What’s the value on something like this? Thanks in advance.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335988529&icep_item=353354643146

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Looks like a new buttsleeve and an old forearm to me.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Something seems to look off about that cue, I cant put my finger on it though. I have that exact cue at home, it came from the Brunswick dealer in 1971 with my Gold Crown, not sure how long the table sat in stock for before it was purchased.

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not a cue expert but I have had one of these since 1965 and that cue looks wrong in many respects.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The stamping of a serial number on the forearm and joint mean it is was Schmelke or Adam made if I recall. It has been modded and restored. The joint is not original and neither is the hoppe ring. They did a good job as is looks much better than it would stock.

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not believe that the cue is an original Willie Hoppe cue from Brunswick - the label looks fake to me. Most of the Willie Hoppe cues that I have seen and owned that had a real ivory Hoppe ring also had the words Willie Hoppe "Professional " cue not Titlist cue on the label. it looks like an applied label that was done on a computer.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
The cue looks nice and I would be happy to have it in my collection. And yes, it has been worked on. Its got the bones of a Professional but the label of a Titlist. Who ever did the work did a fine job for the most part. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It looks to me kinda like someone took a Titlist one piece cue and converted it. The number in the shaft would most likely be a weight stamp not a serial number.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It looks to me kinda like someone took a Titlist one piece cue and converted it. The number in the shaft would most likely be a weight stamp not a serial number.
No

Those stamped numbers were from the production run in Asia. A pile of butts and shafts were shipped, then they were matched up stateside for sale or delivery

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Photos of WHPro label, point, pin and butt. Post #6.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The decal is a reproduction of a pre-1945 decal, the cue is from the 1970s with a refinishing job. The Hoppe ring is also aftermarket
Yep. I’ve often wondered why we don’t see “relic’d” cues yet. Relic-ing guitars and patina vehicles are all the rage these days.

That cue would look better with some relicing especially that sticker.