Name a pool hall you wish was still open today

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cue Club is still there.
My son got intetested in pool at age 13, so he and I used to go down there to play and enter the tournaments. That only lasted about six months before he got interested in baseball and golf. But, at the same time, we ordered cues from Jerry Franklin. Very cheap and took about 3-4 months to deliver. I do remember someone telling me that if I come out about 11pm or so, the world class winners players would be be playing one pocket for large money. I never did though. Can't stay up that late.
I do hope you come over to where I am in Palm Desert. I hope to give you a good game.
thanks,

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My son got intetested in pool at age 13, so he and I used to go down there to play and enter the tournaments. That only lasted about six months before he got interested in baseball and golf. But, at the same time, we ordered cues from Jerry Franklin. Very cheap and took about 3-4 months to deliver. I do remember someone telling me that if I come out about 11pm or so, the world class winners players would be be playing one pocket for large money. I never did though. Can't stay up that late.
I do hope you come over to where I am in Palm Desert. I hope to give you a good game.
thanks,
That was the wait time with Jerry back then. $350 for a cue +/-.

Please let me know when your in Palm Desert I’ll bounce out that way. I’m 2 hours from there. Will be fun😃

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
That was the wait time with Jerry back then. $350 for a cue +/-.

Please let me know when your in Palm Desert I’ll bounce out that way. I’m 2 hours from there. Will be fun😃
I am here all the time, except we leave tomorrow for St. Louis for a visit with my son and triplets, I'll be back on Sept. 9th.

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chelsea Billiards--NYC
Family Billiards & Sports Lounge--St. Thomas, Virgin Islands (yeah, it was mine, and it was the best!)

Shocked that no one has mentioned Pro Billiards in Orlando!

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Long Gone but not forgotten:

McGirr's on 8th Ave. in Manhattan.

Guys and Dolls in Silver Hill, MD

Marie's, Chicago's West Side

Palace Billiards, Market St., San Francisco

Zerksies

The Ball Room,Toms River N.J.
It was in an old bowling alley completely remodeled.
Good food.
Video game room with about 30 machines.
36 Gold Crown tables with room for 10 or 12 more.
Packed every night with a long waiting list for a table.
Any one that walked in could get played from the locals.
I was a local and played anyone that walked through the door if they were unknown.
Beat some and got beat by some.
Great room.
Wasn't bad had Delila's across the street

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Strand, Charleston WV.

It only had about 5 pool tables. They were vintage 9ft Brunswicks with 5in bucket pockets. The slate even sloped in toward each pocket. Super easy tables.

But they also had two billiard tables, and I enjoyed going there to watch older players play 3-cushion. Now the nearest billiard table is a road trip away.

Everything in The Strand was dated 1940's or earlier, such a great atmosphere. When they closed down a few years back, I went to the estate sale and bought a few items. I still have and use the kelly pills and dirty old jug that all the players used in that place from the 1940's until the doors were closed for good.

libtrucker

My father owned Double J's and Ultimate Billiards in Berlin, CT. I miss them both, but practically grew up at Double J's, first job, first learned to play there, first laid eyes on his beautiful voluptuous waitresses there.... 25+ years later and still play with the old bastard.

I miss Double J's more than I can explain. Great times there