Name your superstitions... about what makes you play good or bad [for fun thread]

WobblyStroke

I found two pennies and left them on the corner of a basketball court before proceeded to play a perfect game in which I made all my shots as primary scorer and was jacking up turning fadeaways away from double teams Kobe style (but b4 Kobe). After that, I just had to have my 2 lucky pennies on the corner of the baseline/sideline on a basketball court before big games. Eventually, my pennies got stolen, I got rattled by it and sucked, and stopped being superstitious after that.
Now the only attention I pay to superstitions is how to mess with my opponents'.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Don't you think it's a bit sad that <$100 is considered a "major investment"?

Unless you giving me my 💵 in wallet, you have zero say what I do with my money.

$100.00 is lot of money recall last time I was car shopping salesman were just $300.00 apart, I ask if he considered $300.00 not much.

He replied something about it being pocket change, I said good dealership can give $500.00 off as $300.00 is pocket change.

I know you’re a big shot, big spender, big tipper. Big PIA.

So what.😄

Last edited:

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most players I come across, or read about, have some form of superstitions about why they may play bad or play well.

Neil Robertson, had a thing about a pair of socks he won in once. So he tried to wear them all the time.

Some players have a lucky piece of chalk...

Recently, this weekend in fact, my team won our local league finals.
During the matches, I was just commentating watching my team mate and chatting with the other team mate and I said "He looks good on this, as long as he stuns it here".
My mate's reply "Don't jinx him!!!"....

He didn't stun and got out of position, my team mate blamed me for commentators curse!!
Ha ha..

Anyway, thought I'd ask the AZ community what your superstitions are as a player?
Some people really buy into this stuff!
Me, it is down to practice, effort, having a positive mindset = results.
This is a recipe for disaster...but I am going to read these posts anyway.

Zerksies

Don't you think it's a bit sad that <$100 is considered a "major investment"?
It depends on the item depends on how cheap they are. 5 pieces of chalk $100 seems alot to guys that have been using masters chalk for a few dollars. But when you get a $500 carbon fiber shaft for $100 is pocket change.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Saw a guy yesterday, as he was racking, he grabbed a ball from the back of the rack to bang the head ball I yelled to not do that as we have been trying to curb that practice for a while. Especially since the table just had new Simonis put on last week. Anyway, he hesitated he wavered back and forth obviously struggling to not do it. He finally (with everyone still protesting) slowly and lightly touched the ball to the 1 ball and finished racking. The next time he racked he had to touch a ball to the head ball again.

I assume this was some superstitious tick he had to do.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I recall reading somewhere that Efren needed a black collar or ring on his cues.

Yes, I know there's probably a picture of him with a cue that doesn't have black on it.

tomatoshooter

Saw a guy yesterday, as he was racking, he grabbed a ball from the back of the rack to bang the head ball I yelled to not do that as we have been trying to curb that practice for a while. Especially since the table just had new Simonis put on last week. Anyway, he hesitated he wavered back and forth obviously struggling to not do it. He finally (with everyone still protesting) slowly and lightly touched the ball to the 1 ball and finished racking. The next time he racked he had to touch a ball to the head ball again.

I assume this was some superstitious tick he had to do.
I hate that. And shaking the rack. They are hard spheres with a slick surface, they aren't going to pack down. I don't know how the wear on the cloth from sliding the rack back and forth compares to the break shot, but it can't help and the beat up cloth doesn't hold a rack well, leading to more antics...

jacob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most players I come across, or read about, have some form of superstitions about why they may play bad or play well.

Neil Robertson, had a thing about a pair of socks he won in once. So he tried to wear them all the time.

During the matches, I was just commentating watching my team mate and chatting with the other team mate and I said "He looks good on this, as long as he stuns it here".

He didn't stun and got out of position, my team mate blamed me for commentators curse!!
Ha ha..

Anyway, thought I'd ask the AZ community what your superstitions are as a player?
I use a half dollar made the year I was born to flip for the break prior to playing. I win more than my share of flips.

Ha ha..

I always wore ball cap when I played,but alsomaybe not a superstition,but the mouthyer the guy was ,the better I played

telinoz

Registered
I always wore ball cap when I played,but alsomaybe not a superstition,but the mouthyer the guy was ,the better I played
Ha ha, I have the same reaction.

The determination to beat a cocky loud mouth idiot makes me play harder.
I never lose my cool, just makes me focus.