need escrow service please

8onthebreak

THE WORLD IS YOURS
Silver Member
Hello AZ, Can someone please provide escrow (member) suggestions for buying a cue?
I am the buyer and need an escrow service for the seller and I to complete the transaction.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I've used Proficient for escrow. They take detailed pics and measurements, and will describe any roll outs with measurements as well (e.g., if there's a roll, it won't be described in credit card units). They will not verify that the cue is what it is being sold as. So if you are buying an un marked, unknown cue some guy says is a Balabushka, that's not part of the deal. They will, however, let you know if what winds up in their shop is different from the description and pictures. Once both parties OK the deal, Proficient ships the cue to the buyer, and the funds to the seller. As the buyer, I sent a bank check in an envelope so there was no possibility of a dishonored check - if you are selling, I recommend you request that as part of the deal. Shipping prices are the responsibility of both parties. Proficient handles the packing - they don't mess around on that front.

It put both me and the seller at ease given that I bough it from a total stranger over Facebook and we both wanted some level of security. I recommend it if you are shelling out $$$ for a cue from someone that has no prior history or is not an established seller or buyer.

Last edited:

buyit

I've used Proficient for escrow. They take detailed pics and measurements, and will describe any roll outs with measurements as well (e.g., if there's a roll, it won't be described in credit card units). They will not verify that the cue is what it is being sold as. So if you are buying an un marked, unknown cue some guy says is a Balabushka, that's not part of the deal. They will, however, let you know if what winds up in their shop is different from the description and pictures. Once both parties OK the deal, Proficient ships the cue to the buyer, and the funds to the seller. As the buyer, I sent a bank check in an envelope so there was no possibility of a dishonored check - if you are selling, I recommend you request that as part of the deal. Shipping prices are the responsibility of both parties. Proficient handles the packing - they don't mess around on that front.

It put both me and the seller at ease given that I bough it from a total stranger over Facebook and we both wanted some level of security. I recommend it if you are shelling out $$$ for a cue from someone that has no prior history or is not an established seller or buyer.
How did Proficient Billiards know that your bank check wasn't a fraud? Did you make the check out to Proficient Billiards, then they cashed the check before sending the cue to you?

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
How did Proficient Billiards know that your bank check wasn't a fraud? Did you make the check out to Proficient Billiards, then they cashed the check before sending the cue to you?
Have the Seller, or if you are the seller, call the bank and verify the check. I had the check made out to the Seller. Proficient will not release the check until both parties consent to it anyway.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Whomever you deal with, begin with the basics: get a copy of the escrow agent's escrow agreement and determine what the agent is proposing to be bound to do for each party. Then determine if what is proposed meets your needs. Next, make sure your agreement with the other party is ironclad. The "battle" is won or lost in the terms of the escrow agreement and the underlying contract. In the end, the escrow agreement and contract will control and the parties should not expect anything more, or less, than what is spelled out in the two documents. If you cannot understand, get help. Theoretically, everything should be crystal clear. If not, go elsewhere. Good luck.