Screenshot_20220511-090327_Messenger.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 267
  • Screenshot_20220511-090408_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220511-090408_Messenger.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 268

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no clue unless it was made by the name on the butt or it could be the original owners name.
The reverse swastikas give me the creeps,I would never own that cue.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those symbols are much more ancient than the Nazi regime. and they are just artwork, I think the design of the cue is beautiful , it's impossible to tell how well made it is, from the photos but I would really like to see some up close detailed shots, of the inlays. Are you trying to sell the cue or just curious?

DeeDeeCues

Those symbols are much more ancient than the Nazi regime. and they are just artwork, I think the design of the cue is beautiful , it's impossible to tell how well made it is, from the photos but I would really like to see some up close detailed shots, of the inlays. Are you trying to sell the cue or just curious?

Nobody is going back in time to persecute the Hopi and Anasazi for using that as a sun symbol, but anyone using it after 1939 is making a statement, whether they intend to, or not.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody is going back in time to persecute the Hopi and Anasazi for using that as a sun symbol, but anyone using it after 1939 is making a statement, whether they intend to, or not.
Exactly why those symbols creep me out.
Why the hell would a cue maker do that?
Neo Nazi?

DeeDeeCues

Exactly why those symbols creep me out.
Why the hell would a cue maker do that?
Neo Nazi?

1. Maybe the maker didn't notice it looked like a swastika.
2. Maybe he thought it looked enough different.
3. Maybe it was intentional. Maybe the guy is all about that lifestyle, but too much of a chickenshit to fully advertise. Maybe a coward who wants to be able to point out that it isn't exactly a swastika.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. Maybe the maker didn't notice it looked like a swastika.
2. Maybe he thought it looked enough different.
3. Maybe it was intentional. Maybe the guy is all about that lifestyle, but too much of a chickenshit to fully advertise. Maybe a coward who wants to be able to point out that it isn't exactly a swastika.
Not buying #1 or #2.
Nobody can be that dense.

DeeDeeCues

Not buying #1 or #2.
Nobody can be that dense.

I don't know if you have a more or less optimistic view of people than I do. I fully believe that any of the three are possible.

Honestly I hope it is number one. I'd admire someone that innocently naive.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps, the cue maker is from India. I once walked into a house and it had red swastikas by every door. Hmm, that actually could have been a Chinese house.

Last edited:

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
Long before Hitler the Navajo Indians (and other tribes in southwest) used this design in their rugs, blankets, jewelry, trade goods. Think it was also used in pottery designs. This was before WW2. Lived in AZ for over 50 years and have several items made by them. But not that design. If you go to a Indian collector show or auction, this design is in a lot of the really old items.

Last edited:

McKinneyMiner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The New Mexico State University yearbook is unapologetically called The Swastika and many years have the image of the swastika like this one
from 1907...

But this image appears on the yearbook into the 1960's and possibly beyond...

But the origins of this pre-date the German interpretation...

swastika.jpg

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The New Mexico State University yearbook is unapologetically called The Swastika and many years have the image of the swastika like this one
from 1907...

But this image appears on the yearbook into the 1960's and possibly beyond...

But the origins of this pre-date the German interpretation...

View attachment 641612
H and S.jpg
What about this one? or a Fluffle?

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
For those in the western world for whom that symbol has not been part of their culture or religion for hundreds or thousands of years, then yes, most of those westerners would not adopt that symbol post 1939 because of how most other westerners tend to first think of it and identify it, nor would they have any real need to of course. But for those for whom the thousands year old symbol has always been a part of their culture or religion and had a very special and close and good meaning to them, many of those people aren't going to stop using the symbol just because some other idiot and a much smaller group of people concurrently tried to use it for other purposes for a comparatively extremely short period of time over three quarters of a century ago.

Last edited:

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Many deeply loved symbols have become lost to many due to their adaptation by hate groups. Of particular significance to me (as a Southerner whose families settled coastal Mississippi and New Orleans long before there was a United States) are the Confederate Battle Flag and "Dixie". Sparing a dive into the muck, suffice it to say that I will choose love over hate every time, and if such sacrifice spares another from anxiety and hurt and moves us closer together, it does not require much analysis to determine my position. We are all in this thing together, and we must travel roads that bring us closer together rather than driving us further apart.

Last edited: