Need help turning cue idea into picture

K Knight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need help turning my cue idea into a picture so I can have it made. Is there a computer program or an artist on AZ that can help get the idea in my head onto paper so I can send it off to the cue maker I want to build it?

Thanks for reading and hopefully helping.

Kevin

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need help turning my cue idea into a picture so I can have it made. Is there a computer program or an artist on AZ that can help get the idea in my head onto paper so I can send it off to the cue maker I want to build it?

Thanks for reading and hopefully helping.

Kevin

I actually just did this not too long ago. What I did was just talked to my cue maker over the phone and talked about photos of cues he had on his website and he send me photos of exotic woods that we haven't seen anyone use so far. We talked for about an hour or so, going off on tangents, but the whole time I was scribbling notes and sketching what he was telling me he envisioned it to be, along with that I tweaked his idea a bit... When we were done, I sat down and immediately took pencil to paper and used a ruler for points, labeling every wood and detail. I then emailed what I completed to him and he compared it to his drawings and they were pretty much spot on matches! In the end, we designed a one of a kind cue together. Another thing is he only makes one off cues, nothing is every close to something he made before so it's nice to know that when I ordered.

I would recommend you calling your cue maker and doing the same thing. Most guys are busy but if they have any business sense and people skills as well as just love and passion for the game and it's progress through new players, I'm pretty sure he/she will invest the time necessary in you to produce for you a true work of art that plays to the high standard they would demand.

I hope this helps you out and forgive me for rambling.