NEED YOUR OPINIONS on a DEAL !?

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey AZers !

Need your opinion on something that happened to a friend of me, thx in advance,
and sorry about my bad english and the length, but i will try to shorten the story a little bit.

S - Seller
B - Buyer

Story :
B wants to buy two or three cues from S.
B mailed with S about the cues (10 to 20 times).
B told S that he has the money not ready at the moment, but should have it in the near future (app. a month or two).
S wants a Deposite from B to hold the cues back !!
B sent S a 20 percent deposite - all worked out great :thumbup:

B contacts S app. all two weeks, because he has troubles finishing his deal to get the money, but for sure will finish it in the near future !!
S told B, sorry one of the cues is gone.
No problem for B, because he realy wants the other two cues.

Now S told B, sorry you have to pay the rest in 48 hours, if not another cue is gone and your deposite is gone. Why ?
Because it´s only a consignement cue and the person wants it back, but S never said that before !!
S now complains that he had to pay the whole deposit and more to hold back that consignement cue - what !? :eek:

Sorry, but no chance to pay in 48 hours said A, will need a little bit more time, please.
S said sorry, it´s not his fault, he loses money, too and the cue is not available any more,
but if B wants he can have the one who is left for a full price, because the deposite is lost. HA,HA,HA :rolleyes:

So the deal fall threw, B (the Buyer) lost much money and the S (Seller), too. What can you do !?
And now the AMAZING thing !!
4 to 5 months after all that, the SELLER still has the Consignement Cue for SALE !! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :eek:
You know, the cue where S lost the money !! :eek:

B tried to reach S with 3 or 4 more emails - NO ANSWER ! AAAAAHHHHHH :eek:

Now tell me please what you think, because i told my friend he should kick the ass from S !
 
The seller should have told buyer to contact him when he had all the cash to complete the deal, if cues available at that point we shall do the deal.

Buyer should have gotten terms of the deposit agreed upon before sending$.

I'd asy there are no winners here, but the deposit keeper is clearly aa ass.

You should let us know who it is so the other side of the story can be told or we can choose to avoid this S.
 
The seller should have told buyer to contact him when he had all the cash to complete the deal, if cues available at that point we shall do the deal.

Buyer should have gotten terms of the deposit agreed upon before sending$.

I'd asy there are no winners here, but the deposit keeper is clearly aa ass.

You should let us know who it is so the other side of the story can be told or we can choose to avoid this S.


I tried to let out the Buyers and Sellers name, you see !
The buyer is a friend of me and a member here and the Seller i don´t know personaly. So forget that, no names.

But my thinking was like yours, shit happens.
B gives deposite and was not able to hold a timetable, so the money is gone, that sounds o.k. for me, too.
My friends problem startet out as he saw that the cue, which should be gone with the money is still up for sale !
4 to 5 months later :eek:
 
You put down a deposit, the seller sells one of the cues out from under you.....and wants to keep the deposit????

Unless there were specific timelines set and an agreement that the deposit would be lost at some point, this is wrong....nobody deserves the right to keep the deposit when you get nothing in return, especially when they are still offering up the cues to other individuals when you already have money holding them...

Do not do business with them going forward and please post their info so I can avoid doing the same...
 
You put down a deposit, the seller sells one of the cues out from under you.....and wants to keep the deposit????

Unless there were specific timelines set and an agreement that the deposit would be lost at some point, this is wrong....nobody deserves the right to keep the deposit when you get nothing in return, especially when they are still offering up the cues to other individuals when you already have money holding them...

Do not do business with them going forward and please post their info so I can avoid doing the same...


I was told that there was an app. timetable set, but that he mailed the Seller often to explain the situation.
In reason of the timetable my first thinking was - it´s his fault (Buyer), that´s it.
But when he told me that the Seller had the cue up for sale again, i thought that´s bad buisness.
If a Seller would tell me, sorry we both lost money and i have to give the cue back - i would appreciate the effort andunderstand,
but then have the same cue up for sale again i would go crazy - that´s the big point in that deal i think :rolleyes:
 
Hey AZers !

Need your opinion on something that happened to a friend of me, thx in advance,
and sorry about my bad english and the length, but i will try to shorten the story a little bit.

S - Seller
B - Buyer

Story :
B wants to buy two or three cues from S.
B mailed with S about the cues (10 to 20 times).
B told S that he has the money not ready at the moment, but should have it in the near future (app. a month or two).
S wants a Deposite from B to hold the cues back !!
B sent S a 20 percent deposite - all worked out great :thumbup:

B contacts S app. all two weeks, because he has troubles finishing his deal to get the money, but for sure will finish it in the near future !!
S told B, sorry one of the cues is gone.
No problem for B, because he realy wants the other two cues.

Now S told B, sorry you have to pay the rest in 48 hours, if not another cue is gone and your deposite is gone. Why ?
Because it´s only a consignement cue and the person wants it back, but S never said that before !!
S now complains that he had to pay the whole deposit and more to hold back that consignement cue - what !? :eek:

Sorry, but no chance to pay in 48 hours said A, will need a little bit more time, please.
S said sorry, it´s not his fault, he loses money, too and the cue is not available any more,
but if B wants he can have the one who is left for a full price, because the deposite is lost. HA,HA,HA :rolleyes:

So the deal fall threw, B (the Buyer) lost much money and the S (Seller), too. What can you do !?
And now the AMAZING thing !!
4 to 5 months after all that, the SELLER still has the Consignement Cue for SALE !! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :eek:
You know, the cue where S lost the money !! :eek:

B tried to reach S with 3 or 4 more emails - NO ANSWER ! AAAAAHHHHHH :eek:

Now tell me please what you think, because i told my friend he should kick the ass from S !

S screwed B! That's my short version.
 
as long as the timetable didnt pass which was a said in the post, the deposit must be returned if the seller doesnt go thru with the deal, and really the cues belong to the buyer during that time until his deposit is forfeited.

once the timetable for paying for the cues is passed the seller owes the buyer nothing.
 
My thought is cues are a luxury items and unless you have the funds available to buy them you shouldn't be spending your last dollar on them.

With that said the seller is an ass for selling one of the cues from under buyer and not explaining the consignment deal on the other cue upfront. Since the seller broke the contract first the deposit should be returned. However if the seller didn't break the contract first the buyer would be out the deposit since he couldn't pay for the cues in a month like he promised.

If you can't pay for the cues all at once just wait till you have enough money there will be other cues.
 
Thank you all for your answers and opinions.
It was not a whole lof of money my friend invested and he got two cues from my personal collection instead. :rolleyes:
I only wanted to read some opinions about something like that !
Thanks
 
Back
Top