Never pay retail ...

TwistedTexasStyle

Everyone knows left handed cues don't photo well, something with them being 1/5th in an alternate dimension, they always come out fuzzy.
The problem is your using a right handed camera. Just turn the camera upside down and the shutter button should then be on the left and the picture should come out clear. If that effort fails put the cue next to a mirror and capture the image in the glass, it should come out just fine though it will look just like a rightie!

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
We got to talking and he ended up discounting a never-used cue by 20%. Back story: he had custom-made it for a left-player who had fallen on hard times. I’m right-handed — hence the bargain price.
OMG !! I'm DYING here! :D:ROFLMAO::LOL:😆,

My EX used to work at this novelty/Bric-a-brack store. PPL would never come in regular and the owner knew that,.....so,.....
Every so often he would have a "SALE"
Here's what he did:
About a week before the "SALE" he would triple the price on everything in the store
Then the next week he would have a "1/2 OFF Sale" Everything in the store was 1/2 off the "tripled" price.
Do the Math,.....

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My EX used to work at this novelty/Bric-a-brack store. PPL would never come in regular and the owner knew that,.....so,.....
Here's what he did:
About a week before the "SALE" he would triple the price on everything in the store
Then the next week he would have a "1/2 OFF Sale" Everything in the store was 1/2 off the "tripled" price.
Do the Math,.....

Good idea and I see it happen with candy (buy one get one 1/2 off but the price is like 25% higher), but there are laws in quite a few places where you need to have a price set for a while before you can do a discount on it to prevent those types of things.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Yorkers learn that mantra in the crib; perhaps in the womb.

So, I met this cue-maker at a social event. We got to talking and he ended up discounting a never-used cue by 20%. Back story: he had custom-made it for a left-player who had fallen on hard times. I’m right-handed — hence the bargain price.

Naturally — recognizing the value, and being assured that I could adjust to the ‘wrong-handed’ cue within a month or so — I snapped it up.

Some street-smarts can be acquired only on certain avenues of life.

Sunny
It'll never play right for you.
Wait till midnight then go outside and throw the butt in a northerly direction hard as you can.
The next night go out and throw the shaft in a southerly direction, also as hard as you can.

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member

Here's what he did:
Do the Math,.....
Items still available?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here's what he did:
Do the Math,.....
A carpet store in Denver that I worked for once had a going out of business sale for 5 years.

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• 9720.jpeg
    9720.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 58

GoldCrown

Gold Member
Silver Member
There are hand players… and left hand drinkers

Attachments

• IMG_0186.jpeg
    IMG_0186.jpeg
    424.5 KB · Views: 45

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A carpet store in Denver that I worked for once had a going out of business sale for 5 years.
There's a thrift store in Syracuse, NY that keeps a sign in its window that says "Going out FOR business."

The speed limit of the road it's on is 45 mph if I remember correctly...and I think I do. At that speed it's easy to mistake "FOR" and "OF."

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hah, you bought too soon. He’s now selling his “never miss” cue; it was his personal favorite.
All he did was switch cues so he’d eventually miss because otherwise it just became too boring.

OldOrvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Yorkers learn that mantra in the crib; perhaps in the womb.

So, I met this cue-maker at a social event. We got to talking and he ended up discounting a never-used cue by 20%. Back story: he had custom-made it for a left-player who had fallen on hard times. I’m right-handed — hence the bargain price.

Naturally — recognizing the value, and being assured that I could adjust to the ‘wrong-handed’ cue within a month or so — I snapped it up.

Some street-smarts can be acquired only on certain avenues of life.

Sunny
Thats nothing....I negotiated so well a cue maker gave me a cue and some money to use it and I sold it back to him 30 mins later for 50% over retail