New Aramith pool balls

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or the "Non-Binary Gender-Neutral All Inclusive Woke" set. They'll be used in the Netflix produced "The GenderBenderBilliardClassic" They will be known as 'orbs' because 'balls' has a male ring to it. Can't have that on "Go Woke, Go Broke' tour. ;)
Double niiiiiiiiiice! Maybe even quadruple niiiiiiiiice!

"The GenderBenderBilliardClassic"....is that where the boys play with the other boys' orbs?

Das Cue-Boot

Let’s start a pool (pun intended) about suggested retail $. Trying to guess the price you’d pay is not reliable
since distributors can vary but suggested retail will always be the same. I’m guessing more than $25 a ball as
that’s the current average for a new set. $35 seems too high and at $30 a ball, the set would cost $480. I think
suggested retail could be lower-mid $500 range or around $31-$33 per ball (16 balls/set). What’ya you think?
Again, I’m strictly speaking about suggested retail, not what you’d finally pay which might wind up being retail.
I’ll bite. I am going to guess they will list for 519.99 Euros. Give the Seyberts of the world the right to sell at no less than 80% list, convert to dollars and we will be at $453 US dollars. If they really want to be clever, they will give the option for various lighter colors for the 4/12, 5/13 and 6/14 balls to help with TV colors and colorblindness

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By the way, phenolic is a buzz word. There are more modern thermoset plastics that have better properties than traditional phenolic resin.

If you see “phenolic-like” that isn’t a bad thing.

Saluc does indeed engineer their own resins for use in not just billiards but industrial, aerospace and precision applications.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The main practical difference seems to be a harder surface with more resistance to dirt, chalk spots and damage. The number of skids/kicks is said to be reduced. Maybe I won't have to change to Taom after all.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In practical matters also, for the future, would be great if the new balls, 2 1/4, were readily available without numbers.

...in time for comparison,
did just recently unwrap for use a epco cue ball (all white) from a few years back,
Luster isn't in the ultra-category, has a good shine though, was pleased with the feel, roll, hit and cushion action for the price.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, they've opened the gates to the Far East and that didn't save them. They've made Black pool balls and that didn't save them. Now they're pushing an anniversary ball? I wonder if they might be facing a market saturation issue?

Is The All New Glitter Sparkle Twinkle Phenolaraza Ball next?
The Black set was just stupid. As bad as skittles, although Aramith didn’t make those.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In practical matters also, for the future, would be great if the new balls, 2 1/4, were readily available without numbers.

did just recently unwrap for use a epco cue ball (all white) from a few years back,
Luster isn't in the ultra-category, has a good shine though, was pleased with the feel, roll, hit and cushion action for the price.
I work right down the road from them.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Don't hold your breath.

I've never heard anyone want such a thing and I have spent more than 579 hours in the pool room.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or the "Non-Binary Gender-Neutral All Inclusive Woke" set. They'll be used in the Netflix produced "The GenderBenderBilliardClassic" They will be known as 'orbs' because 'balls' has a male ring to it. Can't have that on "Go Woke, Go Broke' tour. ;)
Thats some funny $hit there🤣

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Contacted one of my wholesalers, and he had no idea. Once I told him what was up he wants a set for himself. :LOL:
No info on prices or colors yet.

tH2h8EN.png