New help identifying this Palmer

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
A friend of mine was given, yes given this cue. He was told it was purchased in the 60's and it's in immaculate condition.

Tate or anyone if you have any info and its worth would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Remy,

They were given bad info. It's not a Palmer from the original company. These look like the ones sold on ebay - they're Chinese imports and someone slaps the Palmer name on them. This cue is not old at all.

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
Really? lol Thanks Tate. I will show my friend your post.

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Geez,first childrens toys with paint containing lead,then toxic drywall and now this! Have they no conscience? lol
Marc

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geez,first childrens toys with paint containing lead,then toxic drywall and now this! Have they no conscience? lol
Marc

No they don't. I will buy Chinese goods but nothing that is eaten or put on the body(shampoos,toothpaste etc)Same gos for dog food and treats.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
No they don't. I will buy Chinese goods but nothing that is eaten or put on the body(shampoos,toothpaste etc)Same gos for dog food and treats.[/QUOTE]

If you gave The Mighty Zeus some Chinese dog food he would whoop your ass.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Identification: Its a Palmer-san... it can be used as a cue or as a rik-shaw jack. :)

JV

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It says Palmer

Didn't Palmer contract Cues for the 3rd Catalog and all Cues after that?
Someone told me years ago he was having Palmers made for Palmer to Palmer specifications. I almost ask if he owned the name. He said he sold them on ebay.
That was way over 10 years ago. He could have been blowing hot air. I can't remember who it was but he may still be selling. Every year there seems to be more.
Nick :)

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone told me years ago he was having Palmers made for Palmer to Palmer specifications. I almost ask if he owned the name. He said he sold them on ebay.
That was way over 10 years ago. He could have been blowing hot air. I can't remember who it was but he may still be selling. Every year there seems to be more.

Yes they did... Tate prolly knows the details.

As for this guy, he MIGHT have purchased the name or something, but I don't think so???

A little known factoid: in the latter stages of the Palmer era, there was a Billiard Supply
company named Palmer Billiards or some such. Perhaps he bought their name.

Howsomever, to believe this guy has anything to do with the real Palmer, I would have
to see, at the very least, a handwritten letter from Jesus.

Dale

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

The mid 1970's brought some big changes to the Palmer cue line.

The 3rd catalog cues were all made in the Palmer shop, although some of the pointed blanks were imported (some were shop made, and some were Szamboti made). The Pete Margo Bullet series were all made in the Palmer shop too, some with Szamboti blanks and some with shop made and imported blanks.

The PB and PM were production line made under contract with Adam cues and completely produced in Japan to Palmer's designs and specifications.

The problem Palmer had was their sales considerably exceeded their shop capacity. Also, their supply chain was dwindling. Since Titlists were no longer available for conversion, they had no choice but to outsource some of their work.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Yes they did... Tate prolly knows the details.

A little known factoid: in the latter stages of the Palmer era, there was a Billiard Supply company named Palmer Billiards or some such. Perhaps he bought their name.

This is true. Someone in Taiwan took the name Palmer Industries and started selling Palmer named products before the original company shut down in 1994. It wasn't worth it for the company to pursue the matter legally, so they didn't.