New Here? - Introduce Yourself

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello All,

I live in the Milwaukee area and recently became re-obsessed with the game after a 15 year hiatus. I came across AZbilliards while searching for the perfect cue...hehe. In the past, I would cycle through cues hoping to find "the best hitting cue!!!" This time around I bought 4 cues and all of them hit great and 3 of them play phenomenally. Idk if cuemaking has come a long way in the past 15 years, or I just got lucky? I figured by the time I got approved, I would have some wood for the sale/trade forum, but I somehow bought three prefect cues. It's close to the weekend and time to play!!! Thanks for the Add!!!
any pics of your cues?
welcome to AZB
enter at your own risk....😂

FishKnife

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
any pics of your cues?
welcome to AZB
enter at your own risk....😂
Hahaha! Thank you! My buddy encouraged me to read a few reddit posts about AZB before joining... but I've never been capable of accepting good advice. 😆
20240711_195654.jpg

FishKnife

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I had to resize and resolution doesn't do the cues justice...

Attachments

• 20240711_195716.jpg
    20240711_195716.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 63

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello, new here. I finally became a member after years of lurking here. Learned a good bit of knowledge here that can’t be picked up at the pool hall, so thanks. I’m in Orlando Fl.
Welcome. You going to the Mosconi Cup?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello, new here. I finally became a member after years of lurking here. Learned a good bit of knowledge here that can’t be picked up at the pool hall, so thanks. I’m in Orlando Fl.
Welcome
i am in vero beach
if you are my way PM me
i have a table (GC1) in my house

bobbydee

Been lurking here forever and got approval a week ago. I'm from the Detroit Michigan area and was playing pool hard back about 24 years ago for a few years then life happened. About two years ago I started playing again casually. Just slop poker pool with family on a super crappy old Valley. Decide to join a league back in January of this year and it was the most humbling experience of my life. LOL But I've learned a ton and have improved greatly since then. I'm going into the third session of the USAPL and I'm glad I joined. When I said I was playing pool hard the issue I now see is that it was always just my cousin and I playing against each other. I never really played anyone else until this league. Playing other players has helped me greatly. I was 45 when I joined my first league and regret not joining on a long time ago. If you are on the fence about joining one just do it. You'll be nervous and intimidate but I promise you you'll soon fine your groove and have a ton new pool friends. Well worth it. I'm currently playing with a Cuetec Avid but have sort of been going back to my old Falcon just because these newer cues feel so plasticy for lack of better words. I like the Avid shaft a lot but like the feel of my Falcon better. I'm thinking eventually I'll have a carbon fiber shaft for my Falcon but we shall see.

desert1pocket

Registered Fish
Silver Member
Does coming back after a ~15 year hiatus count as being new here? Shocked I was able to figure out my password after only a few attempts.

Tried to go to the pool hall I used to frequent, but they don't open until 4 pm now. WTF? How am I supposed to ditch work and gamble with degenerates when the pool hall isn't even open?

Still want to shoot

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Does coming back after a ~15 year hiatus count as being new here? Shocked I was able to figure out my password after only a few attempts.

Tried to go to the pool hall I used to frequent, but they don't open until 4 pm now. WTF? How am I supposed to ditch work and gamble with degenerates when the pool hall isn't even open?
15 year hiatus, then yes i'm sure the forum has changed and you are new and reborn. Good luck finding degenerates.

I love pool

I am new to the forum but have been reading it off and on for years. I’ve been shooting pool sporadically since I was four years old. I recently took a 14 year break from the game and am now back. I just completed my my first season of APA play science 2007. This time in nine ball. I ended as an 8 handicap/skill level. I played a little competitively in college. I shoot with a woodworth sneakypete and break with a player sneaky jump/break. Got an old players cue laying around here some where. Have used players, McDermott, Cuetec (Prestige model), Meucci Hof 3, Mali, Joss, Viking, Po boy, even a Bushka for a day and a bunch of others I can’t remember. They could all shoot well with some getting used to. Never liked low deflection shaft but I am saving my pennies so that I can get a CF shaft that won’t warp in my car. That way I’ll be ready at moments notice for and lunch hour game or after work match.

I live and play in Deep South Texas.

Poseidon

Hi! I'm new here. I've been reading stuff on this forum for years. Thank you to everyone for the helpful information. I just purchased a Brunswick Gold Crown III and a I'm getting ready to set it up. I was able to disassemble, transport and set up my last table with no assistance, thanks to helpful instructional videos on YouTube by @therealkingcobra, Billiards of New Orleans and Zack Jonas. Big thanks to those guys. I'm feeling confident I can do a good job setting up my new table too. I've wanted a Gold Crown table since I was a kid. I'm very happy to finally have one!

I'm in need of a single corner casting if anyone can tell me a good place to get one please. Any finish or (not deformed) condition will do. Looks like Classic Billiards might have one...

20240822_101128.jpg
20240822_131242 (1).jpg

ScottRich

New here?
Introduce yourself, tell us where you hail from and a bit about yourself.
Hi everyone, my name is Scott Richardson. I have been on this sight for a few years, so decided to join. There are people I respect that post regularly, including Jay Helfert. I have been playing since about 18., which was 1982. I spent 20 years in the navy from 84-04. I opened a business, and quit until about the last year. I played at a pretty high level from the late 80s until late 05 until I started back recently. I love pool, and am happy to be back. thanks, Scott