New Mezz Shaft WX900

n0th1ng

Son of the beach
Silver Member
Have just seen this photo from Mezz facebook page. No info on Mezz official website. Description from the page:

The New Mezz “WX900” High Performance Ultra Low Deflection Shaft. Launching in July/August!

The new Mezz “WX900” shaft with the ultimate low deflection technology has been conceived. It consists of a 12mm tip diameter, conical pro taper, 10mm NX ferrule and Kamui original medium layered tip.  Along with the re-engineered Mezz Internal Support System (ISS) Technology, the WX900 shaft delivers maximum spin with ease, accuracy and consistency.

All we can say is this is gonna be the first 12mm LD shaft from Mezz. Quite a good news for small diameter LD shaft users.

971382_525651600825727_1022450882_n.jpg

Last edited:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
can't wait to read some reviews of this bad boy. too small for me personally but still should be cool to see how it performs

WolfBreed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks too small, does anybody know if tiger hollows out the ultra x ld shaft?

The Predator Z2 and the OB Classic Pro are both 11.75mm. I own both for other cues and tend to prefer the smaller tip. I love the feel of the WD700 on my Mezz. For me personally, nothing hits like a one piece shaft, and this will be the best of both worlds. I am so looking forward to trying this one. :thumbup:

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
I wish I could try this thing out. Keep trying to find info but I can't find much..

I wonder if this is their answer to the Z2 and OB2...

I love the OB2 but like the maple shaft feel too much now.

Probably going to be a Mezz user sooner than later.

boombox

Registered
If anybody has some new experiences with that shaft...please post it :)
I think it could be a good alternative to my HP-II Shaft
Thanks

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I`ve got mine in pre order from DoubleDave. The shafts should be shipping sometime in August.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I`ve got mine in pre order from DoubleDave. The shafts should be shipping sometime in August.

I got an email today *(from Mezz) saying it'll be sometime in September for US delivery of the WX900 shafts and that those will only be for their 'United and Wavy joint systems'... more joint configs to be released later in the year.

Bummer...

R

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got an email today *(from Mezz) saying it'll be sometime in September for US delivery of the WX900 shafts and that those will only be for their 'United and Wavy joint systems'... more joint configs to be released later in the year.

Bummer...

R
It`s a shame that Mezz does not sell partial shafts..

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Looks too small, does anybody know if tiger hollows out the ultra x ld shaft?

Is it illegal to hollow out a regular shaft as long as you don't duplicate someone's patent, precisely?

I'm talking about for personal use although I guess it doesn't matter if it is personal or commercial use.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this. I don't own a mezz cue but I like the way they market their cues and the way they choose to sponsor players. The 12MM is more down my line of liking......

JoeyA

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Why do they put a 12 mm tip on a 10 mm ferrule? Doesn't that make it hang over the sides like a mushroom?
:grin: