New Mezz Shaft WX900

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
I got an email today *(from Mezz) saying it'll be sometime in September for US delivery of the WX900 shafts and that those will only be for their 'United and Wavy joint systems'... more joint configs to be released later in the year.

Bummer...

R

Wow this sucks.

I was so looking forward to a 3/8x10 one ASAP..

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
Is it illegal to hollow out a regular shaft as long as you don't duplicate someone's patent, precisely?

I'm talking about for personal use although I guess it doesn't matter if it is personal or commercial use.

JoeyA

Even if it was, which it probably isn't, as long as you don't snap your shaft in front of a predator representative, I think you'll be ok.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hit 30 to 40 shots with Stevie Moore's Mezz cue with this shaft this past weekend. Had a really great feel to it, this will definitely be a LD shaft that will compete well with Predator and OB.

krychekrowe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376605824.285444.jpg

I sent an email to Stevie asking about his experience with the new WX900 shaft, hope he does not mind me sharing his words.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I`m still waiting for my WX900 shaft, but after playing a couple of months with the Hybrid Alpha II it`s not such a big deal if i have to wait some more :D

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I`m still waiting for my WX900 shaft, but after playing a couple of months with the Hybrid Alpha II it`s not such a big deal if i have to wait some more :D

what cue are you using? you using a wavy joint cue? wanna sell your hybrid alpha when you get your wx900?

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really want to try it- if somebody buys it and does not like it, sell it to me! I just dont like buying brand new stuff

n0th1ng

Son of the beach
Silver Member
FYI, Mezz Exceed has just released the new extension called Exceed Tele blah blah extension. Here's its info:

EXCEED TELESCOPIC EXTENSION DEBUT!!

The Exceed Telescopic Extension provides precise control for making those hard to reach shots without using the bridge!!
It is 100% made in Japan. Superior quality!!

Here are some features,

TELESCOPIC EXTENSION
Instantly extends the length of your cue by 7 inches (180mm) -10 inches (260mm)

EX BUMPER
Attaches directly to the end of the EX bumper
(The EX bumper is required to use the Exceed Telescopic Extension.)

EXCEED COMFORT CHEMICAL MATT FINISH
The Superior Chemical Matt Finish provides an exceptional comfortable grip
(To maintain the grip performance, avoid severely scratching the grip.)

ALMITE BLACK FINISH
Remarkable Almite Finish supports scratch and damage resistance elements

1175346_610889165634685_754599245_n.jpg

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully meeting up with Hunter this week, he has 1 of these and I will post feedback once I hit with it. He has a custom width shaft right now but was raving about this one...
Scott

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI, Mezz Exceed has just released the new extension called Exceed Tele blah blah extension. Here's its info:

EXCEED TELESCOPIC EXTENSION DEBUT!!

The Exceed Telescopic Extension provides precise control for making those hard to reach shots without using the bridge!!
It is 100% made in Japan. Superior quality!!

Here are some features,

TELESCOPIC EXTENSION
Instantly extends the length of your cue by 7 inches (180mm) -10 inches (260mm)

EX BUMPER
Attaches directly to the end of the EX bumper
(The EX bumper is required to use the Exceed Telescopic Extension.)

EXCEED COMFORT CHEMICAL MATT FINISH
The Superior Chemical Matt Finish provides an exceptional comfortable grip
(To maintain the grip performance, avoid severely scratching the grip.)

ALMITE BLACK FINISH
Remarkable Almite Finish supports scratch and damage resistance elements

1175346_610889165634685_754599245_n.jpg
is the ex bumper different from the x bumper that they offer now? i hope that this one doesn't have any copy right problems and is available in the states soon. i'd really like to get ahold of one of those. i'm 5ft 4 inches so things like this always grab my attention

theUBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaft plays great. Got one today. Deflection like Z shaft but 3 tenth of a mm thicker.
Solid wood great feeling!!! No question best shaft on the market right now in my humble opinion!!!
Plays true at ANY speed!

Mezz USA

Exclusive Mezz Dist.
Silver Member
Hi AZB Community,

Just some information on the new WX900 shaft. We haven't had a chance to update our site yet but we do have some in stock. Just give us a call or drop us an e-mail if you're interested in one.

The WX900 has a conical taper and the diameter is 12mm. It has the least deflection amongst all the Mezz shafts. Comes with Kamui Brown Medium Tip. We have the WX900 shaft for the Mezz United Joint and Wavy Joint. WX900 shaft costs $290.00 retail.

Concerning the Extension: We are not allowed to sell any of the Mezz Extensions due to the patenting issue. They were unable to resolve the US company from patenting the Mezz extension product.

Concernig the Exceed Cues: Mezz USA has been selling Exceed Cues but on a custom order basis. Exceed cues are customizable and most of our customers request for changes for wood used, joint system, style of rings, etc. we do not sell ready made Exceed cues. For more information on Exceed cues, please email info@mezzusa.com.

Thanks!

Bruno (Caroline's Assistant)

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If someone has more experience on this shaft....please let us know :)

I just got Wx900 today!... in fact 2 of them (United joints). These 'joint style' fits my Schon's and other 20mm butts with the 5/16 14 pin thread. Yes it is a very snug fit. Reminds me tighter wood joints of the past but joint closes tight as a snug bug in a rug.

The reason I ordered 2 was that I wanted to see 'real time' the difference in hit (feel/sound feed back etc) between the brand new Kamui brown Medium multi layered tip that comes installed on this shaft verses the new Ki-Tech Medium single layered composite hybrid tip (from Chris @ Outsville) that all of the champions are now trying out -with rave reviews btw. (If you're interested you can email Chris @ Outsville for the list of pros that are enjoying his new tip designs). So the first thing I did on cue #2 using my new 'Mid America finishing lathe' is removed the brand new Kamui and installed the new Medium Ki-Tech for the 'cold comparison'. After the first couple of hours of drills/games I can tell you I love this new WX900 Mezz shaft.

Akso I must say that I concur with the tour champions on the Ki-Tech tips. These Ki-Tech tips offer an immediate noticeable crispness / 'feed back' over the stock Medium Brown Kamui and really holds the chalk like a great tip should. I realize there is a tip breakin period for layered leather tips but the difference in hit is noticeable. More later.

As for as the WX900, personally I love it. I have the full Predator compliment for multiple 5/16 14 and 5/16 18 cues (314-2, Z-2 etc) that I have been whittling on over the past 3-4 years trying different tips etc, kinda forgot what a new ride feels like. I likey my new ride on these WX900's...

A little history, I have had a chance to take a 4 week break from playing any pool to get some personal things done and do some traveling etc. I've been planning the get these 2 shafts at the same time just for this purpose. Taking the time off also help erase some of the 'memory prejudices' from my older shafts as well. Now I don't have a new Z-2 to compare to these new WX900's directly but I can say that I really don't need to. Love what I'm seeing with these New Mezz snafts. My older Z-2's have the Ki-Tech Medium tips installed also so these Z-2 shafts compared to the new Mezz shafts is as close as I can get but there is a noticeable difference in the hit especially on 'above medium speed' shots requiring english.

I really like the new Mezz WX900 especially with the Medium Ki-Tech tips. If you're a LD shaft player and get a chance to hit some with this combination I think you will be surprised with all the new feedback. Take more than a couple of minutes to hit some balls to absorb all of the new input coming back to your senses. I think most players (like the pros) will like these technology advancements.

Love it!

Randy

madfox

I love pool ...
Silver Member
I had the chance to hit with wx900 for the first time last night. I played with Z2 shaft in the last years and I didn't believe there will be a shaft that will bend the angles more. It is a monster shaft,puts more spin that any shaft I know. Great feeling. Right now is the best low deflection shaft in the market. Comparing with Z2 the deflection is similar, it has a more solid feel, and the bridge is more comfortable.
Mine is on the way I can't wait to have it :)

madfox

I love pool ...
Silver Member
Monster shaft, it bends the angles more than my Z2. More solid, spins the hell out of the cue ball, low-deflection Z2 range. In my opinion is the best shaft in the market right now. Mine is on the way !